Kal-Sarpa Yoga/ Dosha
Does kaal sarp yog puja help
Kal-sarpa Yoga or Kal-sarpa Dosha is formed when all the planets are between Rahu and Ketu axis in a chart. This is among the most fearsome dosha in astrology similar to Sade-sati and people are scared just by hearing the name of this yoga. ‘Kaal’ means death and Sarpa means snake and the name itself is good enough to scare people. It is said that the person born under Kaal Sarp Yog passes through death like agonies throughout the life.
I have taken some skeptics viewpoints on Kaal Sarpa Dosha, so that you know both sides of the kaal yog.
I also share the astrologer K.N.Rao’s view that the Kal-Sarpa Dosha is one of the biggest frauds in astrology. As per my knowledge, first of all nobody knows from where this kal-sarpa yoga has originated. No reference can be found in any of the classical texts like Brihat Parashar Hora Shastra, Brihat Jatak, Saravali etc. Secondly and most importantly, I always mentioned that the birth chart should be analysed in totality. Every horoscope has hundreds of good and bad yogas and all these yogas should be synthesized before drawing any conclusion. A single Rajyoga can not make anybody king, similarly a kal-sarpa yoga alone can not create death like situation.
Here is what Dr. B.V. Raman, the most respected Vedic astrologer of the last century, has to say about Kala-sarpa yoga:
“Kala-sarpa Yoga has its bright shades.
It [is said to] makes one industrious, hardworking, aware of one’s own ability- despite mental restlessness.
It raises the natives to top positions in their respective fields provided of course other Raja Yogas are present.
Rahu-Ketu axis favors rise in mundane life while Ketu-Rahu axis indicates elevation in spiritual matters.
It is also found that Kala-sarpa Yoga natives get betrayed by trusted friends and even relatives.
Suffering due to developments in life strengthens the mind and mellows one’s outlook.
This is a blessing of Kala-sarpa Yoga.”
“It occurs to me that undue importance need not be given to Kala-sarpa Yoga. The view held by some astrologers that Kala-sarpa Yoga affects longevity and adversely affects the operation of other yogas favoring a rise in life, achievement, and accomplishment is not tenable. The overall assessment of the horoscope is important. No single yoga, including Kala-sarpa Yoga, is capable of marring or making a horoscope. In our view, Kala-sarpa Yoga plays an important role in mundane astrology [assessment of world events] and is not of much importance in individual charts.”
It is what eminent astrologer K.N. Rao has to say about Kal Sarpa Yoga –
Here the astrologer, ever ready with a remedy, is in demand. This astrologer must first create fright in the minds of his clients and it is done most easily by pointing out Kala-sarpa Yoga or even half Kala-sarpa Yoga. Here he promises to perform a yagna at a cost of some thousands of rupees for shantis. This is the prerogative of the Brahmins.
So Kala-sarpa Yoga is a big and newly discovered source of income of some Brahmins which is pitiable.
Brahmins were meant to be the beacon lights of dharma and spirituality if they themselves reached higher stage of sadhana.
But so many of them have become KAAL SARPA YOGIS .
I am sure that all astrology scholoers will agree to Shri K.N.Rao. Just to conclude, I would say that there is dispute about the existence of Kal-sarpa yoga. For the sake of argument if we accept that there is something called “Kal-sarpa Dosha” exists, still there is no need to fear about it as all good and bad yogas should be combined to give any predictions.
Remedies for Kal-sarpa Yoga:
We have also shared some remedies to reduce negative impact of Kaal Sarp Dosh. As you can clearly make out from the above that there is no immediate remedy for Kal-sarpa yoga. But you need very good Jyotishi and revered Brahmin who can show you right path. The birth chart should be analyzed with all good and bad yoga, balas, aspects, placements etc. and then only any remedy should be prescribed. If an astrologer finds any planet malefic, appropriate remedy for that planet(s) should be performed.
THIS IS MYTH:There is no need to go to Traymbkeshwar, Nasik or Ujjain to perform the remedy and spend thousands of rupees. Astrologers use Traymbkeshwar, Nasik or Ujjain just to make you spend the maximum amount of money possible and also to justify the fear factor of Kal-sarpa Yoga.
There are good Brahmins who show you right path to revocation of Kaal Sarp Impact.
Remedies to reduce the effect of kaal Sarp Yog:
– Establish Kaal Sarp Faults Removal Yantra in your home and worship it regularly.
– Recite Nav Nag Stotra daily for one year.
– Recite Hanuman Chalisa daily.
– Worship a snake made of silver on Nag Panchami, remember your ancesters (pitra) and give this snake to flowing water (such as a river) or sea with a devoted mind.
– Feed birds for 1¼ month by barley.
– Fix a swastik made of silver at an auspicious time on your main door and on its both sides fix snake figures made of metal.
– Wear Agate (Gomed) at an auspicious time after due procedures of recitation etc.
– Observe fast on 16 Mondays.
– Wear Nagpaash Yantra at an auspicious time after recitation of mantras.
– Boil pine, musterd and loban (Benzoin) in water and take bath with in such water daily for 1¼ month.
– Worship a pair of snakes made of metal properly at Sangam of Alahabad and offer it to river along with milk and also do tarpan shradh once at Sangam.
– Arrange recitation of Vedic mantra of snake by a Brahmin (or recite it yourself). Recite the Mantra after proper worship of snake deity.
Mantra Remedy to Kaal Sarp Dosh
“Om Namostu Sarpebhyo Ye Ke cha prithvimanu,
Ye AntariksheYe Divi Tebhyah Sarpebhyo Namah.”
Note: It is very important to be chanted by priest.
Recite Mantra 31000 times. However in kaliyug 125000 times recitation is recommended and after recitation the snake is flown in the river after hoam etc.
Procedure to fast for Rahu and Ketu:
This fast should be started on first Saturday of bright half of month. Total fasts-18. Wear black cloth and recite 18×108 or 3×108 times the basic mantra of planet. Then take water, doob (grass), and Kush (grass) in a small vessel and give it at the root of peepal. Take in your meals sweet choorma, sweet bread, and according to time revri, bhugga, sweets made of til(sesame) and donate the same things. In night light an earthen lamp and keep under the root of peepal.
Alms for Rahu:
– Donate agate, gold, lead, til (sesame) musterd, blue clothes etc.ers, sword, blankets, horse etc from time to time.
– Donate especially at the time of eclipse agate, gold, lead, til (sesame), musterd, blue clothes etc.
– On every Pushya nakshatra do Rudranbhishek of Mahadeo and offer milk and water.
– Do abhishek (bathe the deity) of Mahadev for 30 days during the month of Shravana.
Note: Kindly note that worship of Kaal Sarp Yog is done only by wooden sandal. Don’t use sindoor, roli(red lead) etc.