Allergic women do find problem coping with winter
Simple tips to take self care in winter
Dry, itchy and cracked skin goes hand in hand with winter season. Change in temperatures and humidity, indoor heating, hot showers and bath remove important oils and moisture from the skin causing dryness, flakiness and cracking of the skin. If you think, winter equals to dry cracked skin with no or very less preventative measures, think again. Read on for some TLC for your winter weary skin –
– Bathing – Hot water bath breaks body oil that is easily washable. If you cannot avoid hot bath, add oils like almond, sesame or other bath oils to your water. Alternatively you can add milk to your bath water. It restores the oils leaving it soft and supple.
– Cleanse & Exfoliate – Before you begin your bath, exfoliate your skin with loofah. Avoid strong base ingredients and anti bacterial products; opt for gentle moisturizing revitalizing products.
– Drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water every day. By keeping your skin well hydrated, your skin will not suffer from dryness, rashes and itchiness. Avoid excessive usage of caffeine beverages that strips moisture from the skin.
– Moisturize properly and your skin will remain soft and supple all through winter. Use moisturizer that has the necessary vitamins and hydration properties for your skin. One should apply moisturizer within a minute or so of having a shower or bath. Damp skin traps the water in the upper layers and decreases dryness and itching.
Myth buster: Its a myth that giving head or receiving oral sex reduced winter effect
– Keep petroleum jelly nearby. Dab some of it on problem areas to seal the moisture and heal the dry skin. You can rub it on all the dry areas of the body. It is very soothing backup substitute.
– If possible, try taking a multi vitamin pill that has good dose of vitamins B, C & E. It will help your skin as well as ward off common cold. Avoid overdose multivitamin pills for adverse effects.
– Use sunscreen in winter as you would in summer. Ideal sunscreen is one which is light, oil free and has SPF 15.
– If you can afford to going to spas for luxurious and rejuvenating treatments for winter weary skin, there is nothing like it. Spa and other hydration treatments super hydrate your skin.