Choosing the best exercise equipment for home use can be as simple, or complex, as you want it to be. It can be fairly inexpensive or cost thousands of dollars. The important thing to remember is to not get overwhelmed and that you do have many options.
Before you decide what equipment you need you will need to decide what type of workout you will do. The equipment you will need for weight training will be different than the equipment you need for yoga. So that is step one: decide what type of workout you are going to do.
If you’re not sure about a workout just keep in mind that a combination of some sort of cardio exercises such as, walking, jogging, biking, rowing, etc, and some light weight training will provide you with the best overall body workout. It will keep your heart healthy as well as keeping your muscles healthy and toned.
Here is some equipment that you can use for your cardiovascular workout:
1. Treadmill. This will allow you to walk, or jog, or anything in between.
2. Rowing machine. This will provide more of a total body workout with some elements of resistance training along with the cardio benefits.
3. An exercise DVD. There are hundreds of titles on the market for you to choose from. These DVD’s can help you get a tough cardio workout and it won’t cost you much.
In order to get the benefits of strength training here are some pieces of equipment you should consider:
1. Some free weights. You will probably only need one set to start with. As you advance you might need a few sets since some areas of your body will get stronger than others and will need a little more weight to be challenged.
2. Resistance bands. These will provide the same benefits as weights but they can also provide a smoother motion.
I hope this brief list of the best exercise equipment will help you choose what is best for you and your workout goals.