Caring for the skin has a two-fold benefit, one, your skin looks young and beautiful and two, it keeps your skin healthy and protects you from many skin problems.
Even though your busy life may not afford you the luxury to pamper your skin, you can positively take some simple yet effective steps for good skin care.
The following are some general tips to care for you skin
1. Eat well for good skin: While topically applied skin care products provide protection and some supply nutrition, it’s only part of the job done. For the overall well-being of your skin eat a balanced diet that’s rich in vitamins and antioxidants, because it has the potential to make a real difference in your skin’s appearance.
2. Clean your skin with care: The key to cleaning the skin is to do it gently. If you don’t, you run the risk of taking away too much oil from the skin leaving it dry. You can be gentle to your skin by using warm water as against hot water, patting your skin dry rather than rubbing it with a towel, not spending too much time bathing, and preferring softer soaps.
3. Hair styling products and procedures may harm: Experts advise that overuse of either hair care products or unnecessarily subjecting hair to treatments such as straightening, coloring, perms, waving, etc can lead to hair damage & breakage, and make them look unhealthy in the longer duration of time.
4. Restoring moisture back to the skin: Moisturizers are skin care products, which work by many means to maintain the correct moisture levels for your skin. Since there are many skin types, many factors to consider, and many types of moisturizers, it makes sense to consult your skin doctor for more information.
5. Guarding the skin from sun: Because overexposure to sunlight can lead to skin damage, wrinkles, dry skin and possibly cancers its important to protect yourself form the sun. You can do that by minimizing staying outdoors between 10 am. to 4 pm, when the sun’s at its best. Use clothing with sleeves, using hats, wearing ankle length pants etc. And using sunscreen – your dermatologist can help you choose an apt product.
6. Smoking is bad for skin too: Wrinkles are what cigarettes offer you in return for puffing them. They’re pretty effective in ruining your skin and generously aid not only damage to the skin, but also in making you look older than you really are. And besides, by now I believe there’s hardly anyone who is ignorant about the dangers of smoking. You may want to seek help in trying to quit smoking, it’s tough, but not impossible if you really decide to help yourself.
Sometimes small investments can lead to bigger returns, perhaps simple skin care measures too can lead to a better looking healthy skin for you for a long time.