During the winter we struggle with the embarrassing problem of having dry hands. The dry winter weather has wreaks havoc on the skin in general, so we all need remedy to treat the dryness of skin. Since many of us are in a hurry, Its good to try out stuffs which can be easily made in kitchen pantry to make a simple to use lemon sugar scrub for the skin.
You should already have most, if not all, of these items in your kitchen pantry already. If not, these items can be found at your local grocery store for less than few dollars.
How to make Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
Ingredients of the Scrub
1 medium lemon
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2-3 tbsp honey (optional)
1 tbsp coffee grounds (optional)
The amount of the ingredients you use depends on how much you want to make for yourself. I suggest not making too much because the mixture should be used within a month of being made since the items are food items and thus perishable.
Directions to use Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
- Take a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add a cup of sugar followed by half a cup of grapeseed oil. Sugar and Oil should have a 2:1 ratio.
- Start to mix using a spoon until it develops a slushy texture. Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey.
- Squeeze half a medium sized lemon into the mixture. Zest the lemon and add to the mixture. You can use a grater to zest the lemon. If you stir it enough, you should not be able to see the zest. It is okay if you are able to, however.
- Repeat once or twice a month or as needed.
Storage for One month
The mixture above makes enough for a 10 oz spice jar or you can gift them to other in smaller spice jars that are 2.5 oz each.
There is no need to put this in the fridge, but remember to use the scrub within 1 month of making it. Also, you can use this scrub for your entire body in the shower.