Injury is damage to the body. This maybe caused by accidents, falls, hits, weapons, self-inflictions and other causes. While a wound is a type of injury which happens relatively quickly in which skin is torn, cut, or punctured (an open wound), or where blunt force trauma causes a contusion.
Healing of a wound due to injury or cut begins with clot formation to stop bleeding and to reduce infection by bacteria, viruses and fungi. Clotting is followed by neutrophil invasion three to 24 hours after the wound has been incurred, with mitoses beginning in epithelial cells after 24 to 48 hours.
Injuries could be caused due to inflammation or damage to the tissues.
Depending on the magnitude of injury, duration of cells regeneration takes time. In the Regeneration phase, blood vessels are repaired and new cells form in the damaged site similar to the cells that were damaged and removed. Some cells such as neurons and muscle cells (especially in the heart) are slow to recover.
Repair phase help in reformation of the affected tissues. In the Repair phase, new tissue is generated which requires a balance of anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory eicosanoids. Anti-inflammatory eicosanoids include lipoxins, epi-lipoxins, and resolvins, which cause release of growth hormones.
Major trauma is injury that has the potential to cause prolonged disability or death.
Wounds Treatment with Ayurvedic Remedies
According to level of contamination a wound (mostly due to injury or cut) can be classified as:
- clean wound, a wound made under sterile conditions where there are no organisms present in the wound and the wound is likely to heal without complications.
- contaminated wound, where the wound is as a result of accidental injury where there are pathogenic organisms and foreign bodies in the wound.
- infected wound, where the wound has pathogenic organisms present and multiplying showing clinical signs of infection, where it looks yellow, oozing pus, having pain and redness.
- colonized wound, where the wound is a chronic one and there are a number of organisms present and very difficult to heal as in a bedsore.
Under International Classification of External Causes of Injury (ICECI), injuries are classified by:
- mechanism of injury,
- objects/substances producing injury,
- place of occurrence,
- activity when injured,
- the role of human intent,
and additional modules. These codes allow the identification of distributions of injuries in specific populations and case identification for more detailed research on causes and preventive efforts.
Causes of Injury (Cuts):
- Intentional injury
- Suicide and self-harm
- Violence and war
- Stingray injury
- Lightning injuries
Injuries needs to be healed for proper functioning of the affected part of the body. Healing is important to cause relief and restoration of the skin or part which is damaged.
Healing of an injury (cut) is the process of the restoration of health to an unbalanced, diseased or damaged organism. With physical damage or disease suffered by an organism, healing involves the repair of living tissue, organs and the biological system as a whole and resumption of normal functioning. It is the process by which the cells in the body regenerate and repair to reduce the size of a damaged or necrotic area and replace it with new living tissue. The replacement can happen in two ways: by regeneration in which the necrotic cells are replaced by new cells that form similar tissue as was originally there; or by repair in which injured tissue is replaced with scar tissue. Most organs will heal using a mixture of both mechanisms.
Quick healing using ayurvedic herbs/fruits help a lot the affected individual.
Injury/Cuts : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Any type of injury small or big, applying Neem oil is the best and wonderful remedy which protects the wound from nfection and helps the wound to heal very fast.
2. Mango leaf burnt and its ash mixed with Honey, this paste applied on the injury stops bleeding immediately.
3. Ice piece (Baraf) rubbed lightly on the injured area stops bleeding immediately.
4. Durva (Dub, grass used to worship Shree Ganesh) juice applied on the injury helps to stop bleeding immediately.
5. Applying Gooseberry (Amla) juice on the injury stops bleeding immediately.
6. Applying juice, oozed from a cut on raw Banana, on the injury helps to heal the injury faster.
7. Applying Grinded Neem leaves paste on the injured area helps to heal the injury faster and prevents infection.
8. Applying Honey on the injured area helps to heal injury faster and remove its scars.
9. Applying juice, oozed from a cut on raw Papaya (Papita), on the injury helps to heal the injury faster.
10. Thick skin of raw Papaya tied on the injury helps to heal the injury faster.
11. Applying raw Potato paste on the internal blood clot (Blue colour) due to an Injury is helpful to reduce the pain.
12. Drinking hot Milk mixed with a spoon of Turmeric powder is very good remedy for any type of internal injury.
13. Tamarind (Imli) pulp heated and applied on the swelling caused by an internal injury helps to heal the injury faster and reduces the pain.
14. Applying the paste of Carrom seeds (Ajwain) grinded with Lemon juice on the swelling caused by an internal injury helps to cure the injury faster and reduces pain
15. Sandalwood paste applied on the swelling caused by an internal injury helps to cure the injury faster and reduces pain.
16. A piece of cloth dipped in a mixture of Onion juice and Turmeric powder, applied over the swelling caused by an internal injury, helps to heal the injury faster.
17. The swelling caused due to an internal injury can be heated, with the help of hot Salt tied in a cloth ,which reduces the swelling and pain.
18. The swelling caused due to an internal injury can be heated, with the help of heated Drum stick ( Muranka bhaji ) leaves tied in a cloth ,which reduces the swelling and pain.
19. Applying Turmeric paste on the swollen or sprained area, caused due to internal injury, helps to reduce pain and swelling.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world's oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It's based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world's first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.