Acne or pimple is an infection of the skin, caused by changes in the sebaceous glands. The most common form of acne is called acne vulgaris, which means “common acne”. The redness comes from the inflammation of the skin in response to the infection.
Oils from the glands combine with dead skin cells to block hair follicles. Under the blocked pore, oil builds up. Skin bacteria can then grow very quickly. This infection makes the skin become swollen and red, which becomes visible.
The face, chest, back, and upper arms are most common places for acne to happen.
Acne is common during puberty, when a person is turning from a child into an adult, because of high levels of hormones. Acne becomes less common as people reach adulthood.
Low self-esteem issues can make a person suffering from acne (pimple) withdraw from many social events. It makes developing new personal relationships (especially love relationships) more difficult. Low self-esteem can also cause problems with career advancement as the person may find it difficult to present a positive attitude. This may sometimes even lead to suicide for low willed people.
There are lots of acne treatment methods available, including natural treatments.
Ayurvedic tips to prevent acne and pimples
Avoid opposite foods
Curds , salt, mushrooms , bamboo shoots , sour fruits , meat , prawn , pork, should not be consumed with milk . The above mentioned foods should not be consumed by mixing one item with another.
Sprouts, honey and milk should not be consumed with meat and fish.
Fish & milk : fish & sugarcane juice; jiggery & pork ;honey & pork; milk & mango; banana & milk ; are opposite foods.
2. Do not exert physically after heavy meals.
3. Do not consume foods, which lead to indigestion.
4. Avoid exposure to extreme climates.
5. Avoid excess usage of curds, fish , sour and salty foods, Bengal gram (urad), radish, sesame, horse gram and jaggery.
6. Control your emotions through YOGA and MEDITATION
Dos and Don’ts to avoid acne and pimples
Do’s to prevent pimples (acne)
1. Consume more water and keep your body well hydrated.
2. Wash your face thoroughly with a soap that suits your skin, 4 to 5 times a day. Avoid excessive removal of oil, as skin needs certain amount of oil to maintain its natural healthy condition.
3. Wash your face thoroughly after using a make up as some beauty products block the pores.
4. Consume green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits.
5. Sleep sufficiently for long hours
1. Spicy, dry foods
2. Consuming constipating foods.
3. Squeezing of acne.
4. Too much consumption of soft drinks, tea, coffee.