A burn is a type of injury to skin , or other tissues, caused by heat, electricity, chemicals, friction, or radiation. Burns that affect only the superficial skin layers are known as superficial or first-degree burns. When the injury extends into some of the underlying layers, it is described as a partial-thickness or second-degree burn.
In a full-thickness or third-degree burn, the injury extends to all layers of the skin. A fourth-degree burn additionally involves injury to deeper tissues, such as muscle, tendons, or bone. The treatment required depends on the severity of the burn. Superficial burns may be managed with little more than simple pain medication, while major burns may require prolonged treatment in specialized burn centers.
Full-thickness burns usually require surgical treatments, such as skin grafting. Extensive burns often require large amounts of intravenous fluid, because the subsequent inflammatory response causes significant capillary fluid leakage and edema. The most common complications of burns involve infection.
Ayurveda Cure on Burns
1. Putting cold water immediately on the burned area till the burning sensation reduces helps in reducing the effect of burn and prevents formation of blisters. Keep drinking water, milk, curd etc.
2. Applying Honey regularly on the burns helps to reduce burning and heals faster and also removes burning scars.
3. Harad (Haritaki) powder mixed with Honey can be applied on the burns reduces burning and heals faster.
4. Raw Potato juice or Potato paste applied on the burns helps to reduce burning and heals faster.
5. Turmeric paste applied on the burned wounds reduce burning and heals faster.
6. Applying Ghee on the burns helps to reduce burning and heals faster.
7. Mango leaves burnt and its ashes sprinkled on the burns heals faster.
8. Mustard oil (Sarson ka teil) applied on the burns help to avoid blisters.
9. Aloe Vera (Gwar Patha) juice applied regularly on the burns helps to reduce burning, faster healing and removing scars.
10. Sesame seeds (Til) grinded and applied as a thick paste on the burns heals faster and reduce burning.
11. Applying thick paste of Sugar on the burns helps to reduce burning .
12. Banana pulp applied on the burns helps to reduce burning sensation.
13. Carrot grinded and its paste applied on the burns helps to reduce burning sensation.
14. Applying thick paste of Salt on the burns helps to avoid blisters.
15. Applying thick paste of Onion on the burns helps to reduce burning and heals faster.
16. Applying thick paste of Fenu greek seeds (Menthi) on the burns helps to reduce burning and prevents blister formation.
17. Basil (Tulsi) juice with Coconut oil applied on the burns helps to heal faster.
18. Applying Glycerin on the burns reduces burning.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.