Blackhead is a blocked sweat/sebaceous duct of the skin known medically as an open comedo.
A comedo is a clogged hair follicle (pore) in the skin. Keratin (skin debris) combines with oil to block the follicle. It can be open (blackhead) or closed by skin (whitehead), and occur with or without acne.
The chronic inflammatory condition that usually includes both comedones and inflamed papules and pustules (pimples) is called acne. Infection causes inflammation and the development of pus. Whether or not a skin condition classifies as acne depends on the amount of comedones and infection. Comedones (blackheads) should not be confused with sebaceous filaments.
Oil production in the sebaceous glands increases during puberty, causing comedones and acne to be common in teenagers. Acne is also found pre-menstrually and in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Smoking may worsen acne.
A hair that does not emerge normally can also block the pore and cause a bulge or lead to infection (causing inflammation and pus).
Some acne treatments target infection specifically, but there are treatments that are aimed at the formation of blackheads as well. Others remove the dead layers of the skin and may help clear blocked pores.
Black heads are commonly found on the face. These blackheads were mostly found in oil skin. The black heads can be grown into pimples. Prevention is better than cure. Natural tips for the blackheads can be followed and cured easily.
Ayurveda treatment for blackheads
The items used to remove black heads are:
Tips with potato
The main thing you need to remove the black heads is raw potato. The potato should not contain any black and green spots. Grate this raw potato and rub the grated potato on the blackheads for ten minutes gently. Wash your face after it getting dried.
Tips with the lemon juice
- Most of the tips will be worked out surely when you follow it regularly. To remove the black heads apply lemon juice on the face so that the black heads can be removed and also you can get rid of oily skin.
- Take 1tsp of sugar and some drops of lemon juice. Genlty rub that on the black heads i.e on cheeks, nose. So that you can reduce the black heads. This solution is also used to gain glow to the skin.
- Take 2tsp of curd, 2 tsp of lemon juice, 2tsp of oatmeal powder. Apply this mixture to the black heads on the face for 10 minutes. Wash the face with water. It is very useful.
Tips with olive oil
1. Mixture of few drops of Olive Oil and lemon juice is very useful for the removal of black heads.Apply this mixture to the black heads on the face for sometime and wash it off.
2. Massage the Olive Oil on your face frequently. This is very useful to prevent the blackheads on your face.So apply the Olive Oil on your face and get rid of the black heads. Apply this Olive oil for 15 minutes and cover your face with the wet cloth that should be warm. This warm cloth removes the dirt from the skin and loosen the blackhead to cure.
Some other easy tips for the removal of black heads
- Clean your face daily with rose water.This prevents the dark circles to be occured.
- Wash your face daily with the salt water to prevent the dark circles.
- Tomato juice applying for 20 minutes on the face is also used to remove the black heads.
- Apply aloe vera juice on the cheeks, nose, face in order to get rid of black heads.