Vaginal discharge is the common problem face by every woman in their life. Vaginal discharge means some kind of fluid comes out from vagina. Vaginal discharge can be of many colors like white, brown, yellow and green. Yellow vaginal discharge can be during or after menstruation and after pregnancy. The discharge when exposed to the air it turns yellow or brown because some bleeding is present. Vaginal discharge is common if there is painless, no itching and burning and no foul odor. If there are all these symptoms then you may be infected by some infection.
Yellow virginal discharge with foul smell it can be sign of abnormality. The symptoms of yellow vaginal discharge are itching, burning, swelling to the lips of the vagina and smelly secretion. Vaginal discharge can be cause due to the excessive growth of yeast and Bactrias. In normal vaginal discharge there is small amount of yeast is present but excessive growth of yeasty can cause vaginal discharge. There are some factors of causing of vaginal discharge like hormonal imbalance, illness, stress, hard work, overweight, miscarriage and pills like birth control, or contraceptive pills and also by diabetes. Sometimes vaginal discharge can cause problem in fertility. Vaginal discharge is also a sexual transmitted disease.
- 1 Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 1.1 Home Remedies for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 1.1.1 White or Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection Treatment
- 184.108.40.206 Banana for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 220.127.116.11 Okra or Lady’s Finger for Yellow Discharge Therapy
- 18.104.22.168 Fenugreek Seeds for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 22.214.171.124 Mango for White Discharge Treatment
- 126.96.36.199 Yogurt for Light Green Discharge (without odor) Treatment
- 188.8.131.52 Rice Water for Vagina Discharge Treatment
- 184.108.40.206 Cranberry for Vagina Yeast Infection
- 220.127.116.11 Stay Hydrated to Cure Vaginal White Discharge
- 18.104.22.168 Cumin Seeds for Vagina Green Discharge Treatment
- 22.214.171.124 Alum for Clear Watery Discharge
- 126.96.36.199 Garlic for Thick White Clumpy Discharge
- 188.8.131.52 Apple Cider Vinegar for Milky White Discharge
- 184.108.40.206 Baking Soda for White Discharge Treatment
- 220.127.116.11 Ginger for Vagina Yellow Discharge Treatment
- 18.104.22.168 Turmeric for Clear Watery Discharge Therapy
- 22.214.171.124 White Dead Nettle for Vagina Discharge Treatment
- 126.96.36.199 Green Tea for Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection Treatment
- 188.8.131.52 Tea Tree Oil Vulvovaginitis Prevention
- 184.108.40.206 Smilax China Powder for Female Yeast Infection
- 220.127.116.11 Indian Gooseberry for Vulvovaginitis Treatment
- 18.104.22.168 Walnut Leaves for Bacterial Infection Treatment
- 22.214.171.124 Guava Leaves for Vagina Discharge Treatment
- 126.96.36.199 Asparagus for Vagina Vulvovaginitis Treatment
- 188.8.131.52 Banyan and Fig for White or Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection
- 184.108.40.206 Amaranth Root for Milky White Discharge Treatment
- 220.127.116.11 Saffron for Treating Vaginal Yellow Discharge
- 18.104.22.168 Pomegranate Leaves for Vaginal Yeast Infection
- 22.214.171.124 Indian Lilac for Vaginal Discharge (light green discharge without odor) Treatment
- 126.96.36.199 Basil for Vulvovaginitis Prevention and Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 188.8.131.52 Coriander for Vaginitis or White Discharge Treatment
- 184.108.40.206 Betel Leaf for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
- 220.127.116.11 What You Should Do to Treat Vaginal Discharge Infection?
- 18.104.22.168 What You Should Not Do to Prevent Vaginal Discharge Infection?
- 1.1.2 Vagina Care DIY Guides and Remedy Tips
- 1.1.3 Recommended By Readers
- 1.1.1 White or Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection Treatment
- 1.1 Home Remedies for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
Vaginal Discharge Treatment
There are some natural treatments to deal with yellow vaginal discharge
Exercises are very effective way to deal with yellow vaginal discharge as well as all sexual related problems in females and males. Exercises and yoga improves the all health related problem also and keep fit. Yoga also helps you to over come from any stress and keep your mind fresh and healthy.
Avoid excess consuming of alcohols, smoking and drugs it can cause excess vaginal discharge and also lack of menstruation. Drink water as much as you can. Water helps in cleaning infections form your body through urine. Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses in a day. Water helps you in proper blood circulation in your body.
Use female condoms. When you are getting treatment of vaginal discharge try to avoid sexual intercourse or use condoms.
Take a nutritious diet it helps you to keep healthy and remain well being. By taking nutritious diet you will get energy and also nutrients fill the gaps of any deficiency in your body. And also give proper blood circulation to your body.
Avoid food that is highly rich in yeast like mushroom, breads and red meat. As excessive growth of yeast can cause yeast infection to the vagina.
Avoid using vaginal lubrication products as they can irritate your genital areas. Also use plain toilet paper because scented toilet paper also irritates and itching can produce. Avoid products like soaps, deodorants, bubble bathe and dyes all these create itching and burning to vagina.
Soft fabric cleaners. While washing clothes with detergent always use softener as detergents can create irritation and red rashes to vagina.
Rest a lot. Yellow vaginal discharge can also cause due to lack of sleep and stress tries to take 8 hours sleep ion a day. And try to divert your mind from any mental or physical stress by reading books and watching television.
Home Remedies for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
White or Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection Treatment
Banana for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
Banana has enormous health and beauty benefits. The high fiber content of this fruit helps you get rid of leucorrhoea. Eating one ripe banana or over-ripe banana may be the best food to stop white vaginal discharge naturally.
Alternatively, you can take one ripe banana, add a little clarified-butter to it, and eat it twice every day for positive results.
Okra or Lady’s Finger for Yellow Discharge Therapy
Lady’s finger or okra is a highly effective natural treatment to stop watery vaginal discharge.
It is mucilaginous in nature and possesses antihyperlipidemic, anti-fatigue and antidiabetic properties. Thus, it helps remove mucus from your system.
- Take 100 grams of okra in a container.
- Add one liter of water to it, and boil it for about 15 to 20 minutes to prepare a remedial infusion.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Add some sugar to sweeten the drink
- Drink every day as frequently as you can to get rid of the milky vaginal discharge.
Fenugreek Seeds for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
Fenugreek seeds are a great cure for leucorrhoea. Simply, add 2 tsp of these seeds to four cups of water.
Simmer it over moderate flame for about half an hour, strain it, and use it as a natural douche.
- Alternatively, you can make a tea by using fenugreek seeds.
- Boil some of them in a water container, strain it, and drink the medicinal tea regularly to stop the unwanted vaginal discharge.
- Or, soak a tsp of these seeds in water overnight. Strain the water next morning and add half a tsp of honey to it. Drink this water on an empty stomach to see the results.
- Apart from that, you can also prepare a solution of seeds with turmeric powder.
- Take it regularly to treat the vaginal problems such as leucorrhoea, post menstrual foul odor or vaginitis.
Mango for White Discharge Treatment
Mango is an effective fruit to cure leucorrhoea as many parts of it can be used to treat the condition.
Mango is antihyperlipidemic and antidiabetic along and possesses nutrients that can treat various health ailments. Its seeds ensure a normal vaginal discharge.
- Grind dry mango seeds to make a powder
- Add a small amount of water to it, and prepare a fine paste.
- Apply this paste inside and outside your affected vaginal tract to stop the white discharge.
Yogurt for Light Green Discharge (without odor) Treatment
Yogurt is a wonder food and a natural cure to curb vaginal discharge during pregnancy. It is one of the best food to stop white vaginal discharge
It contains high amounts of good bacteria that regulate internal infections, cure the problem of uncontrollable discharge, and help you enjoy a healthy pregnancy.
Also, it promotes a smooth digestion.
- Eat some yogurt daily to keep such infections at bay.
- Alternatively, apply yogurt around the vaginal area to treat the infections. Wash it off with water after a few minutes.
Rice Water for Vagina Discharge Treatment
Rice water is a rich source of starch. It also has demulcent properties which are helpful to treat inflammation and itching caused by leucorrhoea.
Wash the rice, strain the water, add a dash of honey for sweetening.
Drink it regularly to get rid of weakness, itchiness, and other symptoms that accompany the excess of vaginal discharge.
- Another option is to use this rice water as a douche. It will soothe the irritation in the genital area.
- Alternatively, you can make a mixture of Ipomoea Sepiaria root with rice water and take 1 teaspoon of it to get rid of this problem.
Cranberry for Vagina Yeast Infection
Cranberry provides you relief from the troubles of leucorrhoea as it has antioxidant properties.
Therefore, it prevents bacteria from attacking the vagina and thus, treats the disease.
- Take a lot of fresh cranberries and extract juice out of them.
- Drink it at least thrice daily to prevent the discharge from your vagina.
Stay Hydrated to Cure Vaginal White Discharge
Drinking plenty of water or any other healthy liquid is another natural effective home remedy to get rid of the symptoms of leucorrhoea.
Adequate intake of water helps regulate the vaginal infections and eliminate them.
Make sure you drink at least eight to ten glasses of water daily.
Cumin Seeds for Vagina Green Discharge Treatment
Cumin seeds have the antimicrobial property that controls and cures the vaginal infection.
- Take one or two tablespoons of cumin seeds, grind them well.
- Mix the ground seeds with a dash of honey.
- Apply the paste to your vaginal area to cure the infections and curb vaginal discharge.
- Alternatively, you can also prepare a healthy decoction of cumin seeds and use it to cure leucorrhoea.
Alum for Clear Watery Discharge
Alum is nothing but sulfate of aluminum that you generally use to purify water. However, alum is a traditional remedy to regulate bleeding and bacterial infections.
It possesses astringent and antiseptic properties that restrict the growth of bacteria. Mix half a teaspoon of alum powder in water and use it for washing your vagina.
Alternatively, get an alum stick, soak it in the water, and rub it on your vaginal opening gently once or twice daily.
Garlic for Thick White Clumpy Discharge
The antibacterial properties of garlic are highly effective in eliminating the harmful bacterial infection that causes white vaginal discharge.
Also, powerful antifungal properties of garlic help you get rid of fungal infections substantially.
Consume one or two raw garlic cloves along with a glass of water the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Also, you can also add garlic to your regular cooking.
- Alternatively, you can crush a few garlic cloves and prepare a fine paste. Apply this paste on your affected vaginal area and let it stand for ten minutes. Later, wash it using regular water.
- Another option is to use garlic with turmeric. You can consume this mixture internally to get relief from the symptoms of leucorrhoea.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Milky White Discharge
Apple cider vinegar is one of the effective home remedies for watery discharge and white discharge as it combats against yeast infection.
Its antimicrobial and antifungal properties help you get rid of the vaginal infection. Also, apple cider vinegar balances your pH levels.
- Fill your bathtub with water and add three cups of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Sit in the water for about 20 minutes. This will help cure leucorrhoea effectively.
- Follow this for four to five times in a week.
- Alternatively, mix eight ounces of water and one ounce of apple cider vinegar and drink it every day to prevent the growth of vaginal infection causing bacteria in your body.
- Also, you can dilute apple cider vinegar with water and rinse your vagina gently with it.
Note: The use of ACV as a douche is not scientifically proven.
Baking Soda for White Discharge Treatment
Baking soda helps treat imbalanced pH levels, eliminate the foul smell of vaginal discharge, and treat leucorrhoea effectively. Add one or two teaspoons of baking soda to your glass of water, mix it well, and drink it daily.
Alternatively, add half a cup of baking soda to your bathtub filled with warm water and sit in it for 20 minutes. This remedy helps eliminate the vaginal infection, discharge, and odor instantly.
Ginger for Vagina Yellow Discharge Treatment
Ginger is known for its numerous medicinal benefits that help cure a range of health disorders, including the problem of unwanted discharge from the vaginal area.
- Take two teaspoons of dry ginger powder
- Add it to 250 ml of water, and boil it till the water is reduced to half.
- Drink this medicinal decoction for three weeks and you will get good relief from leucorrhoea.
Turmeric for Clear Watery Discharge Therapy
Since turmeric or Curcuma Longa has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, its powder is one of the easily available and common home remedies for the excess of vaginal discharge.
- Take one tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Grind some garlic, mix turmeric powder with ground garlic to make a paste.
- Eat it regularly.
This remedy is highly effective in curing heavy white vaginal discharge accompanied with itchiness.
White Dead Nettle for Vagina Discharge Treatment
The use of White Dead-Nettle or Lamium Album is a traditional remedy to treat the abnormal discharge from the vagina.
The flowering tops of this herb possess antispasmodic, expectorant, resolvent, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, tonic, diuretic, vasoconstrictor, and styptic properties which are highly beneficial in curbing vaginal discharge.
Take some flowering tops of White Nettle, prepare the infusion, and use it to treat vaginal discharge problems.
Alternatively, you can use fresh flowering tops to prepare an external compress and apply it to your vaginal area to get the noticeable results.
Green Tea for Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection Treatment
Drinking one or two cups of green tea daily helps you treat this problem effectively. It has antioxidant and immune effects. You can add a dash of honey to the green tea to sweeten it if you can’t drink the unsweetened version.
Also, you can add blackberry leaves to your green tea.
Tea Tree Oil Vulvovaginitis Prevention
This oil is quite effective in preventing the discharge. The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil aids in getting rid of bacterial infections quickly and effectively.
- Add five drops of tea tree oil to your bathtub filled with warm water
- Sit in it for half an hour, and wash with plain water later.
- Follow this twice a day.
- Alternatively, add a couple of drops of this oil to water and rinse your vagina with the solution. Follow this remedy two to four times every day.
Note: Always use the diluted tea tree oil as concentrated version can be harmful to your skin and health.
Smilax China Powder for Female Yeast Infection
Prepare a fine paste of smilax china powder and milk.
Apply this remedial paste on your affected genital area twice every day to cure the problem of unwanted vaginal discharge.
Indian Gooseberry for Vulvovaginitis Treatment
Indian Gooseberry is a natural cure for leucorrhoea. Just have a freshly extracted powder of Indian Gooseberry, add a dash of honey to it. Transfer this paste to a glass of water, and drink it regularly.
- Alternatively, you can add Indian Gooseberry powder and honey to your milk and drink it.
- Also, you can apply the paste of Indian Gooseberry powder to your vaginal tract for positive results.
Walnut Leaves for Bacterial Infection Treatment
The astringent and antifungal properties of walnut leaves are highly beneficial in healing various infections, including vaginal infections.
- Prepare an infusion by steeping the fresh leaves of walnut in water.
- Boil them for about 20 minutes and strain
- Use it as a douche on your vaginal area thrice daily for quick and positive results.
Guava Leaves for Vagina Discharge Treatment
The usage of guava leaves can be proved to be an effective herbal remedy to treat leucorrhoea.
- Steep fresh guava leaves in water
- Simmer it for half an hour and strain it
- Use it twice every day as a natural douche on your vaginal area till the pain, irritation, and severity of the discharge is decreased.
Asparagus for Vagina Vulvovaginitis Treatment
Asparagus is another solution to stop vaginal discharge naturally yet effectively.
- Mix Withania somnifera and asparagus, boil it for some time
- Let it cool down, and drink it to find relief from the irritation due to the excess of vaginal discharge.
Banyan and Fig for White or Yellow Discharge Yeast Infection
The bark of banyan tree has anti-inflammatory, astringent, and antiseptic properties, thus, it is quite helpful to heal leucorrhoea and related problems.
A concoction prepared by using the bark of fig and banyan trees acts as a natural douche for your vaginal tract and cures the problem of uncontrollable discharge.
- Boil one tablespoon both of the powder of bark of fig tree and banyan tree’s bark in one liter of water till the water reduces to half.
- Let it get to the lukewarm temperature.
- Using this remedial solution for douching will help you maintain your vaginal area healthy and free from any infection.
Amaranth Root for Milky White Discharge Treatment
The antibacterial properties of Amaranth root help treat several infections, including vaginal infections, effectively.
Natural compounds in this herb promote healing of your reproductive organs substantially and cure the problem of brownish vaginal discharge effectively.
- Grind fresh, healthy amaranth root
- Add a little water to it and drink the medicinal solution twice every day for the desired results.
- Also, you can add fresh amaranth leaves and branches to the boiling water and use it to cure leucorrhoea effectively.
Saffron for Treating Vaginal Yellow Discharge
Antioxidant, diuretic, astringent, and antiseptic properties of saffron are highly effective in treating white vaginal discharge. Also, it boosts your immunity and promotes quick recovery.
- Boil one teaspoon of saffron in a quarter cup of water till one tablespoon of water remains
- Mix one-third portion of the solution in the equal quantity of water
- Drink it three times a day to obtain positive outcomes.
Pomegranate Leaves for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Pomegranate is highly beneficial when you eat it as a fruit, but its leaves also offer medicinal benefits. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anticarcinogenic properties that are quite beneficial in the treatment of leucorrhoea.
- Collect 30 fresh leaves of pomegranate
- Wash them thoroughly
- Add ten peppercorns to them and grind them to a fine paste.
- Add this remedial paste to half a glass of drinking water and strain
- Drink the liquid every morning for three weeks.
Indian Lilac for Vaginal Discharge (light green discharge without odor) Treatment
Indian Lilac, also known as Azadirachta Indica, is highly effective in treating this problem. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antihyperglycemic, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties.
Thus, it helps minimize itching, combat vaginal infection, and get rid of discomforts that you may suffer due to leucorrhoea.
- Take a handful of fresh Indian Lilac leaves, boil them in water.
- Strain it and let it cool.
- Rinse the affected vaginal area with the cooled solution for some weeks.
- Alternatively, dry roast some fresh Indian Lilac leaves using a pan, let them cool, crush them, and make a fine powder.
- Add some water to two teaspoons of this medicinal powder, mix it properly to make a paste.
- Apply this remedial paste on the affected vaginal area twice every day for some days to obtain relief.
Basil for Vulvovaginitis Prevention and Vaginal Discharge Treatment
Basil offers incredible medicinal benefits and cures various health conditions, including leucorrhoea.
- Mix the freshly extracted juice of basil leaves with the equal portions of honey
- Eat the mixture for about two weeks.
- Alternatively, mix half a teaspoon of cumin powder and one teaspoon of fresh basil juice and have it with a glass of cow’s milk for three weeks. You can add crystallized sugar to it.
Coriander for Vaginitis or White Discharge Treatment
Coriander is one of the more common home remedies for vaginal discharge.
- Soak 10 grams of coriander seeds in 100 ml of water overnight.
- Strain it in the morning and drink this water on an empty stomach.
- Follow this remedy for one week and experience positive results.
- Or, soak a few coriander leaves in a bowl of water overnight. In the morning, strain the water. Consume it before having anything else in the morning.
Betel Leaf for Vaginal Discharge Treatment
Betel leaf is traditionally popular as a miraculous home remedy for certain health issues such as a headache, leucorrhoea, conjunctivitis, rheumatism, constipation and much more.
- Boil a betel leaf in one glass of water for 5 minute
- Strain it and drink it twice or thrice every day.
- Repeat the same process for 2 or 3 days in order to do away with vaginal discharge and related problems.
What You Should Do to Treat Vaginal Discharge Infection?
- Do fasting as it unclogs lymph, promotes deep cleansing, and detoxification. Fast by drinking only water.
- Follow good hygiene practices, particularly for genital areas to prevent the risk of bacterial infections.
- Follow hydrotherapy or hip bath.
- Have adequate sleep and rest.
- Use aromatherapy. Go for aromatic essential oils such as rosemary, sandalwood, and oregano oil.
- Exercise daily to boost your immunity, improve the blood circulation, and eliminate bacterial attacks.
- Consult your doctor before trying any of the remedies especially if you are pregnant.
What You Should Not Do to Prevent Vaginal Discharge Infection?
- Don’t eat fried and spicy food preparations.
- Avoid consuming food prepared by using white flour.
- Restrain yourself from tea, alcohol, coffee, and other condiments that can aggravate the vaginal discharge.
- Don’t eat food products made by white sugar.
- Ignore eating canned or tinned foods.
- Don’t wear synthetic, tight or dirty undergarments.
- Avoid using sprays and chemical products as they may aggravate the problem.
Did you follow any of these home remedies to stop the excess of vaginal discharge? Which home remedies worked the best for you? Share your experience and knowledge with us by leaving a comment below.
How do you take care of vagina?
What are some tips for vulvar care?
What types of vaginal infections are there, how to prevent them?
There are 100’s of relevant questions of vagina care asked by women.
We have listed here the best things you can do to take care of your vagina and vulva.