When children grow up and become teenagers at the age of 12 to 18 years old. Many things in the body are changed such as the boys will have bigger voices or the girls will have menstruation (or period) and breasts.
Menstruation is blood vessels in the endometrium that peel and come out. Estrogen and Luteinizing hormone (LH) are sex hormones that cause ovulation and menstruation in ladies. One cycle of menstruation is 28 days and the menstrual period take about 3-7 days. The color of the period may red or dark red. Many bodies have misunderstanding about the color of the blood that comes out during menstruation. Dark color of it is not inoperative or bad blood. But truly, it causes from the blood that stuck in ovary for long time reacts with oxygen in the air and make the color darker.
Pre-Menstrual Syndromes or PMS are the symptoms before have menstruation period. The presentations of PMS are hot temperature, stomach-ache, stress, depression, weak muscle or head-ache.
- 1 How to Reduce Menstrual Cycle Pain (Dysmenorrhoea)?
- 1.1 How to decrease the Pre-Menstrual Syndromes?
- 1.2 What are the symptoms during menstruation period?
- 1.3 How to relief the pains?
- 1.4 How to take care yourself during menstruation?
- 1.5 Home Remedies during Menstrual Cycle
- 1.5.1 Chamomile to relieve Menstrual Cycle
- 1.5.2 Ginger to reduce abdominal Menstrual pain
- 1.5.3 Parsley in curing Menstruation cramps
- 1.5.4 Cinnamon during Menstruation
- 1.5.5 Hydration helps relieving pain
- 1.5.6 Basil controls dysmenorrhoea
- 1.5.7 Turmeric is helpful in painful Menstruation
- 1.5.8 Meditate to reduce stress of periods
- 1.5.9 Cumin for relief in agonizing Menstruation
- 1.5.10 Fennel to absorb dysmenorrhoea
- 1.5.11 Mint to comfy in Menstruation
- 1.5.12 Mustard for relaxation from painful Menstrual cycle
- 1.5.13 Recommended By Readers:
How to Reduce Menstrual Cycle Pain (Dysmenorrhoea)?
How to decrease the Pre-Menstrual Syndromes?
1. Avoid coffee or caffeine drinks because they cause insomnia (difficult to sleep) and stress in the next morning.
2. Reduce salt in foods.
3. Take low fat foods, decrease meat and increase vegetables, reduce sweet foods and increase carbohydrate foods such as breads or rice.
4. Exercise about 10-15 minutes a day can decrease PMS.
5. Vitamin B complex can decrease the PMS but you have to concern about the milligrams of vitamin B6 inside, if too much of it may cause beriberi.
6. Calcium is helpful for calm down the stress and work as painkiller.
7. Vitamin E decreases the symptoms of pain around breasts.
8. Taking magnesium for decreasing blood sugar need and reduce pain around breasts.
9. Avoid taking aspirin as painkiller for a long time but you have to consult the pharmacists before. Generally, Mefenamic acid is helpful in this case, if you do not have any medical problems.
10. Do not bend your legs lying on bed, sticking to the stomach umpteen times, at the most softly caress with your hands over painful areas.
11. Some herbal medicines such as ginseng or glycyrrhiza will balance the hormones and make you feel better.
What are the symptoms during menstruation period?
During menstruation period estrogen will decrease to low level and prostaglandins secretion causes many symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, influence, headache, stomach pain, diarrhea or hot flush. The symptoms may high peak at the day of 1 to 3 of period after that everything will be better. About 10% of women have severe pain and cause inability to go to school or working.
How to relief the pains?
First way: Take the medicines for inhibit prostaglandins. This group of medicine is NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug).
Second way: Take contraceptive pills especially, combine pills that contain estrogen with progesterone inside. This way have disadvantage points such as you have to take the pills for everyday and can not have any child during taking the pill.
Third way: Massage gently around stomach, paste hot pack on it and exercise.
How to take care yourself during menstruation?
1. Accept the changing of body and try to understand it. Relaxing and do not worry about the period.
2. Take more time for relaxation, go to bed early do not work hard.
3. Supplements may necessary such as Calcium, Vitamin B Complex, Magnesium and folic acid. Moreover, consume more vegetables that contain the vitamins above.
4. Exercise bout 10-15 minutes for clearance the stress but avoid swimming because it is easy to have bacterial infection from swimming pool during menstruation period.
5. Concern about hygiene by change the sanitary pad at least 3-4 times a day. And select pH balance products for the sex organ.
6. Should be use non alcohol, color or perfume sanitary pads. Avoid using tampons in young girls because sometime it is difficult to use.
Home Remedies during Menstrual Cycle
Chamomile to relieve Menstrual Cycle
Sip on chamomile tea to soothe the cramps. You can prepare chamomile tea by putting some dried chamomile flowers in one cup of boiling water. Let it steep and then strain. This is one of the effective home remedies for the treatment of dysmenorrhoea.
Ginger to reduce abdominal Menstrual pain
Ginger is an effective home remedy. Include this in your diet or have it in green tea.
Parsley in curing Menstruation cramps
Parsley aids in treating cramps. Do not use it during periods, keep the gap of 10 days before or after menstruation.
Cinnamon during Menstruation
Cinnamon has antispasmodic and anti inflammatory properties which help in this condition.
Hydration helps relieving pain
Drink more water.
Dehydration can cause the body to produce a hormone called vasopressin that contributes to cramps.
Basil controls dysmenorrhoea
Use basil in your tea to provide relief from the pain.
Turmeric is helpful in painful Menstruation
Turmeric is considered to be one of the best medicated herbs which is quite warming as well. It is helpful in regulating menstruation and balancing hormones. The antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties relieve menstrual pain. Consume one-quarter teaspoon of turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery. Take it daily for several weeks or until you see improvement. Do not take it during periods. One week before or after menstrual cycle help in reducing pain.
Meditate to reduce stress of periods
Meditation can ensure perfect hormonal balance in the body.
Cumin for relief in agonizing Menstruation
Cumin is loaded with a number of health benefits. Soaked cumin can be used in the treatment of irregular period. Take 2 spoons of cumin seeds and soak in water over night and drink both in the morning. You need to drink this water every day to get your periods regularised.
Fennel to absorb dysmenorrhoea
Another cramp cure, this spice promotes better circulation to the ovaries. Crush 1 teaspoon fennel seeds into a powder. Add to 1 cup boiling water, steep five minutes, strain, and drink hot.
Mint to comfy in Menstruation
Either peppermint or wintergreen can relieve cramps. Steep into a tea and drink a cup or two a day. Try sucking on mint candy, too.
Mustard for relaxation from painful Menstrual cycle
A tablespoon or two of powdered mustard in a basin of nice warm water can relieve cramps, but don’t drink it. Soak your feet in it to reap the relaxing effects.
Most important: Drink water and develop habit of mild exercises and yoga to relieve from painful periods.