A muffin is an individual sized quick bread product. It varies from country to country according to cooking culture of the place. Muffins in america are similar to a cupcakes in size and cooking methods. These can come in both savory varieties, such as corn or cheese muffins, or sweet varieties such as blueberry or banana. Outside the united kingdom, an english Muffin is a flatter disk-shaped bread of English origin. These muffins are popular in Commonwealth countries and the United States.
This is a fantastic recipe — only one bowl required, and you can mix it with a spoon!
I love banana muffins and this recipe is GREAT! Easy, moist and delicious.. so sharing with you all… moist banana muffins recipe
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup plain rice or almond milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 teaspoon each baking powder and soda
1/2 teaspoon each cloves, cinnamon and allspice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
4 egg whites beaten until foamy but not stiff
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large bananas)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup blueberries
1 large apple cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line muffin tin with parchment paper liners
3. Place oats in medium prep bowl and pour milk over. Mix and let stand while you make the rest of the recipe.
4. In another medium prep bowl combine flour, ground flax seed, spices, baking powder and soda, lemon zest and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside.
5. Put egg whites in mixing bowl and beat until fluffy but not stiff.
6. In small prep bowl mash bananas and add chopped apple. Mix well.
7. In large prep bowl combine flour, soaked oats, egg whites and banana mixture. Add blueberries. Fold until all ingredients are just blended.
8. Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Yield: Makes 12 generous muffins to enjoy on a sunny Saturday with delicious coffee.