Pure acai berry is becoming known as the most beneficial fruit in the world. Pure Acai berry from the Amazon forest is one of the most nutritious and powerful foods according to Dr Nicholas Perricone. This berry has been around for thousands of years and not until the 1990’s was it introduced to the western world.
Always remember that darker the acai fruit, the richer the berry is with nutrients. The acai berry fruit is rich in antioxidants and fiber, which gives it the strength to eliminate the long lasting cells containing toxins. You see, some in the food you consume does not acquire digested, it gets accumulated in your system which affects your blood cells together with entire production of new blood cells. However, when you consume antioxidants, it helps to regulate and balance your blood cells, even giving birth to brand-new blood cells.
Acai berry was first used by the tribes of the Amazon jungle as a cure for various ailments. It comes from a palm that has a long thin trunk up to 25m high with a group of branches with 3 meter long leaves at the top and the berries hang from these branches in clusters, each of them producing 700 to 900 fruits. Each palm tree produces about 20 kg of fruit per year and the wine produced by this fruit has become one of the most important products in terms of finance.
Nutritional Value of Pure Acai Berry
This palm fruit has been eaten for hundreds years by Brazilians. In the 1950’s, medical professionals began to recognize its health benefits. Recently, several medical studies in the United Sates have documented its health benefits. Best studies have shown that pure acai berry is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. In fact, the berry has prodigious nutritional properties. It has high levels of iron, calcium, carbohydrates, fiber and antioxidants. It also has many important vitamins and minerals, including B and E vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, Omega-6, and Omega-9.
The fruit of this palm tree was consumed by the natives living in the tropical rain forests of Brazil for as long as people there can remember. For some tribes, it represented more than half of their diet.
Its antioxidants properties help to lower the incidences of heart disease and its high levels of Vitamin E helps the immune system to function better.
Acai Berry Health Benefits
But only recently have there been studies to show how the Acai berry benefits health. The following beneficial effects were reported:
- Increase in energy
- A better digestion
- Improvement of sleep
- Being mentally clearer
- It has a large number of proteins and lipids, which gave a strong boost in energy and strength.
- It contains a large amount of many minerals and vitamins such as vitamin B3, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
- The fruit proved in studies to have more than 30 times the Antocyanine (antioxidant) from dark grapes.
- Acai fruit is rich in dietary fiber.
- There are two essential fatty acids – Omega-6 (linoleic acid) and omega-9 (oleic acid). These fatty acids help to control cholesterol levels.
- The acai berry is considered one of the most nutrition packed fruits of South America.
- It encourages detoxifying. Is better than most other colon cleansers on the market.
- It’s useful as an aid to weight loss
A study showed that it combats leukemia (in the laboratory at least).Acai berry can reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, decrease blood pressure, lower cholesterol and fight heart disease. The berry is composed mostly of multi-nutrient compounds and beneficial anti-oxidants. There have been proven studies that demonstrate the Acai Berry has more excessive nutritional value and anywhere from 10 to 15 times more antioxidants when compared to any other fruit on planet Earth.
Acai berry can strengthen the immune system. Fruit with anti-oxidants and nutrients help your body resists infections, promotes healthy, youthful skin and can even help fight the common cold.
How to Choose Acai Berry
While choosing acai berries diet supplements consider the following tips
- The acai berry juices & pulps has to be purple in color owing to your fruit’s own color.
- The fruit must be freeze dried not spray dried.
- It should never comprise of acai Seeds.
- It tastes being a blend of chocolates & orange berries.