Sperm count defines the fertility of a man. It measures the concentration of sperm in a man’s ejaculate. If your count of sperm is above 20 million sperm per milliliter, then the sperm count is considered as normal. Anything below that is considered as low volume. Semen analysis is the test which is usually conducted in order to test fertility in men. The basic aim of this test is to check whether the sperm and semen produced by the man is normal or not.
Sperm basically means the reproductive cells of a man. The sperm quality and quantity in a man basically defines the fertility of a man. These sperms are contained in the semen which is the organic fluid in men. The process of discharge of semen is known as ejaculation.
Whether the sperms are moving well or not (sperm motility). The quality of the sperm is often more significant than the count. Sperm motility is the ability to move. Sperm are of 2 types – those which swim, and those which don’t. Remember that only those sperm which move forward fast are able to swim up to the egg and fertilize it – the others are of little use.
Motility is graded from a to d, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) Manual criteria , as follows.
- Grade a (fast progressive) sperms are those which swim forward fast in a straight line – like guided missiles.
- Grade b (slow progressive) sperms swim forward, but either in a curved or crooked line, or slowly (slow linear or non linear motility).
- Grade c (non-progressive) sperms move their tails, but do not move forward (local motility only).
- Grade d (immotile) sperms do not move at all.
Sperms of grade c and d are considered poor, if motility is poor. It causes problem in strong ejaculation thereby resulting in low immune sperm.
Whether the sperms are normally shaped or not – what is called their form or morphology. Ideally, a good sperm should have a regular oval head, with a connecting mid-piece and a long straight tail. If too many sperms are abnormally shaped (this is called teratozoospermia, when the majority of sperm have abnormalities such as round heads; pin heads; very large heads; double heads; absent tails) this may mean the sperm are functionally abnormal and will not be able to fertilize the egg.
- 1 Natural Home Remedies to Increase Sperm Count (male infertility cure)
- 1.1 Make Your Wife Pregant with Ayurvedic Treatment!
- 1.1.1 1. Garlic
- 1.1.2 2. Bananas
- 1.1.3 3. Healthy diet plan
- 1.1.4 4. Raw Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds
- 1.1.5 5. Zinc Rich Foods
- 1.1.6 6. Pomegranates
- 1.1.7 7. Maca root
- 1.1.8 8. Ashwagandha
- 1.1.9 9. Panax Ginseng
- 1.1.10 10. Green Tea
- 1.1.11 11. Tribulus
- 1.1.12 12. Reduce your Stress
- 1.1.13 13. Reduce Excess Weight or Obesity
- 1.1.14 14. Moderate Exercise
- 1.1.15 Do’s and Dont’s to increase sperm count
- 1.1.16 Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
- 1.1.17 Recommended By Readers:
- 1.1 Make Your Wife Pregant with Ayurvedic Treatment!
Low Sperm Count
Causes of Male Infertility
- inadequate sperm production by the testes
- poor sperm motility
- varicocele (dilated veins in the scrotum)
- undescended testis/testes
- excessive xenoestrogen (environmental estrogen) exposure
- infectious disease of the epidydimis (storage tube for sperm), testes, seminal vesicles, urethra, prostate or vas; benign prostatic hypertrophy (enlargement)
- endocrine (glandular) diseases affecting the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, adrenals and the testes (e.g. low DHEA and low testosterone levels)
- congenital abnormalities
- urethral stricture
- malnutrition, especially protein deficiency
Natural Home Remedies to Increase Sperm Count (male infertility cure)
Make Your Wife Pregant with Ayurvedic Treatment!
Garlic acts as a natural aphrodisiac and increases sperm production. It contains a compound called allicin, which boosts the endurance of the sperm and also improves blood circulation. Plus, the mineral selenium in garlic helps improve sperm motility.
Simply include 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves in your daily diet.
Bananas are considered very effective to boost your sperm count. Bananas contain bromelain, an enzyme which has been shown to regulate sex hormones. Bananas also contain a good amount of Vitamin A, B1 and C. All these vitamins are very helpful to boost sperm production.
3. Healthy diet plan
To increase your sperm count, first you need to make a proper diet plan containing all essential nutrients that are important to increase your sperm production. Try to eat foods low in fat and high in protein including fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds and poultry. All are are good food choices to increase sperm production.
4. Raw Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds
Consumption of raw sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds is considered very helpful to enhance male fertility. It is suggested that a man with a low sperm count consume 1/4 cup of raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds daily
5. Zinc Rich Foods
Eat Foods rich in zinc and some amino acids which are essential for sperm production. Oysters, lamb, turkey, barley, wheat, beans, nuts, red meat, pumpkin seeds, avocados, bananas,almonds, spinach, poultry, sesame seeds, avocado and egg whites are good to increase sperm count.
Eating pomegranate or drinking pomegranate juice on a regular basis is highly beneficial to enhance your sperm count. Pomegranates are rich in powerful antioxidants that reduce malondialidehyde which is responsible for damaging the sperms. In addition, pomegranate is also very helpful to improve the health and mobility of sperm.
7. Maca root
Maca root of the black variety can help improve sperm production and motility. It is a popular fertility herb that helps balance the hormones.
Take 1 to 3 teaspoons of maca root in 2 divided doses for a few months daily. You can add it to a glass of water, a healthy smoothie or protein shake, or just sprinkle it on cereal. As maca root is high in fiber, start by taking ½ teaspoon and gradually increase the dosage over a few weeks.
A 2013 pilot study by Indian researchers, published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, found that ashwagandha root extract can significantly increase sperm count, semen volume and sperm motility. The study participants were given 675 mg of ashwagandha root extract in 3 divided doses, daily for 90 days.
Plus, this herb promotes healthy testosterone production. It also improves your overall health, increases vitality and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of ashwagandha powder, also known as Indian ginseng, in a glass of warm milk. Drink it twice daily for a few months.
- Another option is to take ashwagandha root extract. Consult your doctor for proper dosage.
9. Panax Ginseng
Panax ginseng, also known as Korean ginseng, is commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine to help the body adapt to stress. It also can be used to increase testosterone, and sperm count and motility to enhance male fertility. Panax ginseng can help improve erectile performance as well.
Take 1 to 3 capsules of 500 mg Panax ginseng daily for at least 3 months. Consult your doctor before starting this or any other supplement regimen.
10. Green Tea
Green tea in also considered very effective to boost your sperm production as well as fertility and credit goes to high amount of antioxidants because they neutralize free radicals that can damage sperm cells. According to recent researches, low doses of a compound called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) can improve sperm quality, including motility, thus improving its potential for fertilization. However, higher concentrations of EGCG can have an opposite effect. Drinking just 1 or 2 cups of green tea are good to increase your sperm production.
Tribulus terrestris, also known as gokshura, is an Ayurvedic remedy to increase sperm count and improve sperm quality as it can enhance hormone levels. A 2012 study by Indian researchers also found this aphrodisiac herb to be helpful in treating oligozoospermia (low sperm count).
Take 1 to 3 capsules of 500 mg Tribulus terrestris daily for a few months, but only after consulting your doctor.
12. Reduce your Stress
Stress is sometimes responsible for certain infertility problems such as hormonal problems. So try to reduce stress levels by learning relaxation techniques. Keep your mind and body healthy by regular practice of yoga and meditation.
13. Reduce Excess Weight or Obesity
Try to Lose any excessive weight because excess weight or obesity tends to cause imbalance in sex hormones which is one of the main cause for low sperm count.
14. Moderate Exercise
Studies have found that moderate exercise can help boost healthy sperm production. In fact, a 2013 study published online in the British Journal of Sports Medicine indicates that the increase in sedentary lifestyle among young men has lead to a decline in the overall quality of semen and erectile function.
Practicing simple yoga poses help in enhancing immune system and sperm strength.
The study found that young men who lived a sedentary lifestyle and watched more than 20 hours of television a week had a 50% lower sperm count compared to those who did not watch much TV.
On the other hand, those who engaged in at least 15 hours of moderate exercise a week had better sperm quality and 73% higher sperm count than those who engaged in little or no exercise.
To increase your sperm count, do some type of physical exercise for at least 1 hour a day on a regular basis. Outdoor physical activities (except cycling) as well as weight training are also beneficial.
Do’s and Dont’s to increase sperm count
You can prevent or minimize the impact of xenoestrogens on your health by doing the following:
- Avoid plastic containers for food storage, plastic bottles, wraps and utensils.
- Use office paper products whitened without chlorine.
- Use only non-bleached coffee filters, paper, napkins and toilet tissue to reduce dioxin exposure.
- Avoid chlorinated tap water, chlorine bleach and other chlorinated products; use hydrogen peroxide as an alternative.
- Eat organic food as much as possible to avoid pesticides and herbicides.
- Avoid synthetic deodorants and cosmetics; use only organic products whenever possible.
- Avoid animal products with a high fat content that contain hormones, especially conventional milk and dairy products, chicken, beef and pork.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Avoid fried, charcoal-broiled or barbecued forms of cooking.
- Eat lots of foods high in antioxidants (carotenes, vitamins A, C, E and selenium) such as green leafy vegetables, kale, carrots, citrus, broccoli, cauliflower and yams.
- Avoid tight clothes and under-garments.
Increase sperm count and cure male infertility thereby enjoying sex life to the fullest trying out different kamasutra poses. According to recent researches, the best time for ejaculation is early in the morning because the sperm levels are often highest in the morning. So try to have physical (sexual) relation in the early morning or early afternoon. By the end of the day, sperm counts may be reduced due to stress, fatigue and a number of other factors.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.