Infertility implies an apparent failure of a couple to conceive, while sterility indicates absolute inability to conceive. Primary infertility is if the patient fails to conceive after having produced a child or have a miscarriage. Due to fast and stressful life this problem is becoming more common today and people are spending a big portion of their savings. Sterility is the condition in which the person is totally biologically incapable to produce children. It is also known as infertility. Sterility is always spoken of as the problem of a couple rather than of an individual. The problem can be of either the male or the female partner, so in general, we say that the couple suffers from sterility. One of the preliminary steps in treating infertility is to determine whether the problem lies with the male or the female partner.
Some lifestyle choices can actually be causing one’s sterility. For instance, smoking is dangerous for both men and women. The poison that is contained in the nicotine of the cigarettes is absorbed very quickly into the bloodstream and from there travels to every system of the body, including the reproductive system. Smoking can damage a man’s sperm count and also damage the sperm that’s left. Good blood circulation is important for both a woman’s ability to conceive and man’s ability to impregnate a woman and smoking interferes with blood circulation more than anything. Any couple facing the issue of sterility is always advised to stop smoking before they do anything else. Fertility or infertility clinics and centers abound where fertility specialists provide treatment for male and female infertility which can be age related or otherwise. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI) is a part of obstetrics and gynecology that trains doctor’s to treat reproductive and infertility issues. Physicians are trained to study and treat hormonal dysfunctions in females and males and surgeons operate to treat infertility.
Home Remedies for Sterility
– Grind the aerial root of a banyan tree to a fine powder. Collect about 10 grams of this powder. Put this powder in half a liter of milk and boil it. When about 200 milliliters are left, remove it from the flame and strain it. Mix sugar and honey in it. The woman must have this everyday from the fifth or seventh day of the commencement of the periods. Continue having this milk daily for ten days hence. This is considered to be the most effective remedy to make infertile women conceive.
– For women who are keeping normal health, but are still unable to conceive, the following remedy is found to work. Mix Shatavari choorna in ghee or milk and drink it on a daily basis before retiring for the day. This solves all the problems of the reproductive system and also makes it possible for the women to conceive.
– After every meal, the woman must take an areca nut (supari). This is effective in increasing fertility.
– Sterile couples must not overindulge in sexual activity. Restraint must be had, as it will improve the quality of the male sperm.
– Obesity is one of the leading causes of sterility. Hence, enrolling yourself in a weight-loss program will also help to bear children.