Weight problem is one of the most common health issues many people face. People want to lose weight for health reasons – to look better, to feel better, and to improve physical fitness. However, weight loss has become such a large industry that there are so many different diets, plans, and pills that promises quick weight loss without affecting your lifestyle or health.
Healthy weight loss and successful weight management depend on setting achievable goals, and your common sense. Setting your goals too high only leads to failure and discouragement. You should aim to set achievable goals that are reasonable that can lead to successive accomplishments. For example, setting a goal of losing just one pound per week.
For safe and healthy weight loss, most weight loss experts agree that you should not exceed losing more than two pounds per week. Avoid weight loss products, diet supplements, and diets that guarantee overnight weight loss.
Start off by deciding how much weight you want to lose. Then determine the time frame for losing that weight â?? again, be reasonable. If your goal was to lose around ten pounds, then you could set your time frame to five or six weeks, which would be no more than two pounds of weight loss each week.
There are two key aspects of weight loss:
1) Regular exercising, and
2) Healthy eating, healthy dieting
Here are some key points to achieve healthy weight loss:
– Create a calorie deficit through a combination of diet and exercises
– Avoid fattening foods
– Follow a balanced diet â?? meaning do not limit or eliminate any of the macronutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
– Avoid fad diets and â??miracleâ? diet pills
– Ignore the marketing hype of diet pills that promise you to lose unbelievable amounts of weight
– Exercise regularly – try to maintain a 3 to 4 day per week fitness schedule, and at least 20 to 30 minutes each session
There is plenty of scientific evidence to show that overweight people, losing 5 to 10% of bodyweight can be healthy. Benefits of a healthy weight loss include: lower blood pressure, healthier lifestyle, less risk for various diseases, and improved physical fitness and health.