Diabetes is one of the most dreaded and feared diseases. It is one of the few diseases for which there is still no permanent cure plus it leads to other health problems like blindness, loss of sexual powers, gangrene and other grave problems. The one ray of hope for diabetes sufferers is that although their no cure for it but it can be kept under control through some lifestyle changes and intake of some herbs mentioned in ayurveda. Let us discuss about some of the ways through which diabetes can be controlled.
For diabetes patients keeping a check on their diet is very important. The following things should be always kept in mind while dealing with diabetes-
1. Sugar should be avoided in any form like rice, potatoes, bananas and other fruits which have high sugar content.
2. Do not eat which has high fat content.
3. Vegetables like bitter gourd, garlic and karela are very good for the health of diabetics.
4. Fruits like grape fruits and Indian gooseberry are also recommended.
5. Try to have raw vegetables and herbs as they help in stimulating the pancreas to produce insulin.
Ayurvedic Herbs Helpful in Diabetes
Ayurvedic system of medicine which is the oldest system of medicine known to mankind. In ayurveda diabetes is referred to as ”madhumeha”. There are some effective herbs which are highly helpful in controlling diabetes like neem, karela, pterocarpus marcupium. These herbs work by triggering the regeneration process of islet cells which help in production of insulin in the body.
Exercise and Yoga
Physical activities are very important to keep your body fit and helping in some resistance against other diseases. Yoga asanas like cobra and locust are a must for every diabetic.
If you follow this lifestyle of exercising regularly, taking herbs, and keeping a check on your eating habits you can easily keep diabetes under control. All you need is a will and desire to keep yourself healthy.