When we are not able to digest a particular food or when we overeat then we have indigestion problem or dyspepsia ailment with symptoms of nausea, stomach pain, Heaviness etc. Causes may be too much spicy, heavy foods, eating too fast, eating with anger and anxiety, allergic to some foods etc. Some home remedies are given below which helps to overcome indigestion problem. Symptoms and causes of indigestion (dyspepsia) is elaborated below.
Indigestion (dyspepsia), is a condition of impaired digestion. Symptoms may include upper abdominal fullness, heartburn, nausea, belching, or upper abdominal pain. People may also experience feeling full earlier than expected when eating. Dyspepsia is a common problem and is frequently caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or gastritis. In a small minority it may be the first symptom of peptic ulcer disease (an ulcer of the stomach or duodenum) and occasionally cancer. Hence, unexplained newly onset dyspepsia in people over 55 or the presence of other alarming symptoms may require further investigations.
Functional indigestion is indigestion "without evidence of an organic disease that is likely to explain the symptoms". Functional indigestion is estimated to affect about 15% of the general population in western countries.
Signs and Symptoms of Indigestion (Dyspepsia)
- Belching and gas.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- An acidic taste in your mouth.
- Fullness during or after a meal.
- Growling stomach.
- Burning in your stomach or upper belly.
- Belly pain.
Common digestive diseases that can cause Indigestion (Dyspepsia) include:
- Acid reflux disease (also called GERD)
- Gastric cancer.
- Pancreatic or bile duct abnormalities.
- Peptic ulcers (sores in the lining of the stomach and esophagus caused by the H. pylori bacteria)
Functional indigestion is the most common cause of chronic dyspepsia. Up to three quarters of patients have no obvious organic cause for their symptoms after evaluation. Symptoms may arise from a complex interaction of increased visceral afferent sensitivity, gastric delayed emptying (gastroparesis) or impaired accommodation to food, or psychosocial stressors. Although benign, these symptoms may be chronic and difficult to treat.
It is easier to prevention indigestion than later treat it medically. Prevention boosts the digestive system in the body. Ayurveda prescribes simple ways to prevent all types of indigestion.
Indigestion (Dyspepsia) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. A spoon of Carrom seeds (Ajwain) and Black salt taken with hot water reduces indigestion.
2. Drinking salted Buttermilk everyday helps to reduce indigestion.
3. Eating a piece of Ginger after every meals helps to prevent indigestion problem.
4. Lemon juice with Black salt taken with Luke warm water also helps to cure indigestion problem.
5. Using Garlic or Asafoetida (Hing) in meals also helps to to reduce indigestion.
6. Eating a Banana after every meals helps to overcome indigestion problem.
7. Eating White grapes regularly helps to overcome indigestion problem.
8. Eating Papaya (Papita) everyday also helps to improve digestion and prevents indigestion problems.
9. Eating Radish with Salt and Black pepper (Kali mirch) along with meals also helps in curing indigestion problem.
10. Equal quantities of Cinnamon (Dalchini), Dry ginger (Saunth), Cardamom (Elaichi) powdered, Eating a pinch of this powder helps in curing indigestion.
11. Eating Orange with Black salt after meals helps to get relief from indigestion problem.
12. When you are facing indigestion due to drinking plain milk, add a Long pepper (Pipple) or Ginger piece (Adrak) or few Cumin seeds (Jeera) while boiling milk.
13. Drinking Mint (Pudina) juice with Honey every morning helps to overcome indigestion problem.
14. Eating Drumstick (Muranka Bhaji) in any form helps to reduce indigestion problem.
15. Drinking a spoon of Honey helps to reduce indigestion.
16. Makoy leaves and fruits are very good for digestion. Eat them regularly to overcome indigestion problem.
17. Brinjal (Byangan) especially long one is good for curing indigestion problem.
18. Eating a Gooseberry (Amla) everyday helps to prevent indigestion problem.
19. Eating a piece of Jaggery (Gur) after meals helps to overcome indigestion problem.
20. Drinking a spoon of Basil (Tulsi) juice helps to overcome indigestion problem.
21. Boil Asafoetida (Hing) in water and drink it or applying Asafoetida paste on the naval helps in curing indigestion problem.
22. Boil Cloves (Laung) in water and drink it which also helps to prevent indigestion problem.
23. Sitting in Vajrasan for 5 minutes after every meals is very good for curing indigestion problem.
24. Applying few drops of Mustard (Sarson) oil inside the naval regularly helps in curing indigestion problem.
25. Eating Aniseed (Sauf) after every meals helps to cure indigestion problem.
26. Back berries (Jamun) are very good for digestion. Eat them regularly to overcome indigestion problem.
27. Eating Guava (Amrud) with Salt helps in curing indigestion problem.
28. Taking Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) with Honey helps in curing indigestion problem.
29. Eating Roasted Onion or raw Spring onion ( Pyaj ka Phool) are helpful in curing indigestion problem.
30. Using Sweet neem (Curry patta) regularly in cooking helps to overcome indigestion problem.
31. Eating a Cardamom (Elaichi ) after meals also helps to overcome indigestion problem.
32. Eating Sugar cane (Ganna) after meals helps to digest the food and cures indigestion.
33. Eating Bitter gourd (Karela), White goose foot (Bathua) leaves in any form helps to overcome indigestion problem.
34. Eating Black pepper ( Kali mirch ) powder with Lemon juice and hot water helps to reduce indigestion problem.
35. Drinking a spoon of raw Potato juice helps to reduce indigestion problem.
36. Most important of all, avoid eating meat and non-vegetarian foods as our digestive system is not naturally made to digest meat products, on the contrary it causes indigestion and disruptive immunity.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world's oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It's based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world's first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.