Memory is the process in which information is encoded, stored, and retrieved. Encoding allows information from the outside world to be sensed in the form of chemical and physical stimuli. In the first stage the information must be changed so that it may be put into the encoding process. Storage is the second memory stage or process. This entails that information is maintained over short periods of time. Finally the third process is the retrieval of information that has been stored. Such information must be located and returned to the consciousness. Some retrieval attempts may be effortless due to the type of information, and other attempts to remember stored information may be more demanding for various reasons.
Enhancing memory power help in long term memory and conservation of data in the mind which further support in executing tasks on hand easily in proper planner manner.
Increased memory power help in:
- Encoding or registration: receiving, processing and combining of received information
- Storage: creation of a permanent record of the encoded information in short term or long term memory
- Retrieval, recall or recollection: calling back the stored information in response to some cue for use in a process or activity
Increase in memory boosts sensory memory; sensory memory holds sensory information less than one second after an item is perceived. The ability to look at an item and remember what it looked like with just a split second of observation, or memorization, is the example of sensory memory.
Enhancing memory building skills help in gaining long term memory which is in deficit among stressed, busy professionals, student and workers. The storage in sensory memory and short-term memory generally has a strictly limited capacity and duration, which means that information is not retained indefinitely. By contrast, with memory boosting, long-term memory can store much larger quantities of information for potentially unlimited duration (sometimes a whole life span). Its capacity is immeasurably large. For example, given a random seven-digit number we may remember it for only a few seconds before forgetting, suggesting it was stored in our short-term memory. On the other hand, we can remember telephone numbers for many years through repetition; this information is said to be stored in long-term memory.
Due to lack of mind power, there is loss of memory which is also described as forgetfulness.
Forgetting or forgetfulness refers to apparent loss or modification of information already encoded and stored in an individual's long term memory. It is a spontaneous or gradual process in which old memories are unable to be recalled from memory storage. Forgetting also helps to reconcile the storage of new information with old knowledge. Problems with remembering, learning and retaining new information are a few of the most common complaints of older adults. It adversely affects functioning of an individual in daily life on performing common tasks.
Ayurvedic herbs help in gaining memory thereby increasing mind power to remember important things and incidents.
Increase Memory Power : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Brahmi (Gotu kola) is said to be very good for brain. Children can take a spoon of brahmi juice and adults can chew 5-6 brahmi leaves everyday to increase memory power. It is a antioxidant which reduces brain aging.
2. Eating 10 Almonds (Badam) in empty stomach everyday morning helps to increase memory power .
3. Eating Gooseberries (Amla) or its Morabba everyday morning helps to increase memory power.
4. Eating a Apple everyday, 15 minutes before meals helps to increase memory power.
5. Eating Walnuts (Akhroat ) regularly helps to increase memory power.
6. Cinnamon (Dalchini) powder mixed with Honey can be taken everyday to increase memory power.
7. Drinking Ash gourd (Petha) juice everyday helps to increase memory power.
8. Drinking hot Milk mixed with Cardamom (Elaichi) powder and Honey, everyday helps to increase memory power.
9. Eating Coriander (Dhania) powder mixed with Honey before sleep helps to increase memory power.
10. Eating Raw Fenugreek (Menthi) leaves mixed with small pieces of Radish (Muli), Salt and Cumin (Jeera) powder also helps to increase memory power.
11. Eating Cashew nut (Kaju) everyday also helps to increase memory power.
12. Sesame seeds (Til) are rich in protein and said to be very helpful in increasing memory power. A Sweet ball (laddoo ) can be prepared with Sesame seeds and Jaggery ( Gur ) and taken everyday.
13. Drinking Wheat grass juice is very good for health and helps to increase memory power.
14. Mango milkshake (Aam ras) and Honey taken regularly helps to increase memory power.
15. Eating Ginger piece with few Cumin seeds (Jeera) and Sugar candy (Mishri) helps to increase memory power.
16. Taking Black pepper powder with pure Butter helps to increase memory power.
17. Drinking Carrot juice everyday morning helps to increase memory power.
18. Ghee (prepared from cow milk) massaged on the head and 2 -3 drops of pure Ghee put in the nostrils everyday also improves memory power.
19. Black berry (Jamun) is also very helpful in increasing memory power.
20. Urad dal (Split horse bean) can be taken with Ragi Rotis also helps in increasing memory power.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world's oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It's based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world's first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.