Hypertension is generally defined as a blood pressure greater than 140/90. Enhanced blood pressure raises your risk for heart attack, stroke, brain hammerages etc.
Hypertension (HTN or HT), also known as high blood pressure or arterial hypertension, is also a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated. Blood pressure is expressed by two measurements, the systolic and diastolic pressures, which are the maximum and minimum pressures, respectively, in the arterial system. The systolic pressure occurs when the left ventricle is most contracted; the diastolic pressure occurs when the left ventricle is most relaxed prior to the next contraction.
Hypertension usually does not cause symptoms initially, but sustained hypertension over time is a major risk factor for hypertensive heart disease, coronary artery disease, stroke, aortic aneurysm, peripheral artery disease, and chronic kidney disease.
Dietary and lifestyle changes can improve blood pressure control and decrease the risk of health complications, although treatment with medication is still often necessary in people for whom lifestyle changes are not enough or not effective. The treatment of moderately high arterial blood pressure (defined as >160/100 mmHg) with medications is associated with an improved life expectancy
Several environmental factors influence blood pressure. High salt intake raises the blood pressure in salt sensitive individuals; lack of exercise, obesity, stress, and depression can play a role in individual cases.
Events in early life, such as low birth weight, maternal smoking, and lack of breast feeding may be risk factors for adult essential hypertension, although the mechanisms linking these exposures to adult hypertension remain unclear.
The first line of treatment for hypertension is lifestyle changes, including dietary changes, physical exercise, and weight loss. These have all been shown to significantly reduce blood pressure in people with hypertension. Their potential effectiveness is similar to and at times exceeds a single medication. If hypertension is high enough to justify immediate use of medications, lifestyle changes are still recommended in conjunction with medication.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Keeping stomach clean, Reducing Salt intake and Adequate sleep helps to control high blood pressure .
2. Eating Papaya (Papita) everyday morning helps to control high blood pressure .
3. Sweet neem (Curry patta) used regularly in cooking and drinking Sweet neem juice helps to control high blood pressure.
4. Eating Beetroot everyday with Lemon juice helps to control high blood pressure.
5. Drinking Bottle gourd juice (Ghea) everyday helps to control high blood pressure.
6. Watermelon helps in controlling high blood pressure. Watermelon seeds helps to widen the capillaries which makes high blood pressure to come down. The seeds powdered and boiled in water, filtered and this decoction taken helps to control high blood pressure.
7. Regular Body massage helps to control high blood pressure.
8. Half cup of Banana stem juice taken twice a day helps to control high blood pressure.
9. Lemon juice helps to make capillaries flexible. Drinking hot water with Lemon juice in the morning helps to overcome high blood pressure problem.
10. Store water in a cleaned Copper jug overnight and drink a glass of this water in the morning helps to control high blood pressure.
11. Boiled Joe (Barley) taken with Buttermilk (Chach) and Lemon juice regularly helps to control high blood pressure.
12. Chewing a raw Garlic everyday in empty stomach with a spoon of Honey helps to control high blood pressure problem.
13. Tinda (Tinda Pharsi) helps to increase urine formation and helps to control high blood pressure..
14. Eating Apple regularly helps to control high blood pressure.
15. Drinking Ash Gourd (Petha) juice everyday in the empty stomach helps to control high blood pressure.
16. Colcasia (Arbi) also helps high blood pressure to come down.
17. Honey taken regularly helps to make the capillaries active and reduces high blood pressure.
18. Mint (Pudina) juice taken regularly helps to maintain the blood pressure.
19. Boiled Potato helps to reduce high blood pressure as it contains magnesium in it.
20. Eating Amaranth (Cholayi) in any form helps to control high blood pressure.
21. Drinking Tomato juice or eating Tomato regularly in the morning helps to control high blood pressure.
22. Two spoons of Carrot juice taken with a spoon of Spinach (Palak) juice regularly helps to control high blood pressure.
23. Eating Goose berries (Amla) everyday or eating its morabba helps to control high blood pressure.
24. Taking a spoon of Triphala (Triphala is composed of Harad (Terminalia chebula, haritaki), Indian gooseberries (Amla) and Behada (bibhitaki)) every day helps to control high blood pressure.
25. Putting Henna ( Mehandi ) paste on the head or foot sole which extracts the body heat and control high blood pressure.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world's oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It's based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world's first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.