A headache or cephalalgia is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head and neck.
Headaches can result from a wide range of causes both benign and more serious. Brain tissue itself is not sensitive to pain as it lacks pain receptors. Rather, the pain is caused by disturbance of the pain-sensitive structures around the brain. Nine areas of the head and neck have these pain-sensitive structures, which are the cranium (the periosteum of the skull), muscles, nerves, arteries and veins, subcutaneous tissues, eyes, ears, sinuses and mucous membranes. There are a number of different classification systems for headaches.
Headaches are broadly classified as “primary” or “secondary”. Primary headaches are benign, recurrent headaches not caused by underlying disease or structural problems. For example, migraine is a type of primary headache. While primary headaches may cause significant daily pain and disability, they are not dangerous. Secondary headaches are caused by an underlying disease, like an infection, head injury, vascular disorders, brain bleed or tumors. Secondary headaches can be harmless or dangerous. Certain “red flags” or warning signs indicate a secondary headache may be dangerous.
There can be many reasons for Head ache like cold, sinus problems, Mental tensions, stomach problems, indigestion, heat, migrane, High blood pressure, fever, inadequate sleep, eye problems, allergies, gastric, constipation, brain problems and many more reasons.Sometimes it is difficult to know the reason for a head ache, like in case of migrane. But in general if we know the reason of headache it can be treated accordingly. It is always advisable to keep the stomach clean, sleep properly, avoid unnecessary tensions and treat for cold, constipation, eye sight problems if required.
Headache : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Taking Steam containing Eucalyptus oil drops or decongestant vaporizing ointments like Vicks vaporub, Sensur or only steam helps to get rid of headache due to cold congestion or sinus problems.
2. Applying Eucalyptus oil on the forehead also helps to relieve headache due to cold.
3. Equal quantities of Cumin seeds (Jeera), Black pepper (Kali mirch) ,Coriander seeds (Dhania), Dry ginger (Saunth) powdered. A spoon of this powder boiled in water with Jaggery (Gur) and taken before sleep helps to get relief from head ache due to cold.
4. Eating a Apple everyday with salt helps to overcome headache .
5. Cinnamon (Dalchini) grinded with Lemon juice applied on the forehead helps to get relief from head ache.
6. Dry Coconut chewed with Sugar candy (Mishri) helps to get relief from headache.
7. Applying Castor oil (Erand ka teil) or Gingery oil (Til oil) or Coconut oil (Narial) on the centre of the head helps to get relief from head ache.
8. Tamarind (Imli) mixed in water with Jaggery (Gur), filtered and taken twice a day helps to overcome headache which comes because of heat.
9. Applying Garlic paste on the forehead relives headache but not to be rubbed as it can cause irritation and burning of the skin. Some peoples skin is more sensitive so in case of any discomfort this remedy can be avoided.
10. Eating Jo (Barley) regularly helps to overcome headache problem.
11. A spoon of Tender Neem leaf juice taken everyday helps to overcome headache.
12. Pomegranate (Anar) juice with Honey taken for a week helps to get relief from head ache due to mental tensions.
13. Black pepper grinded with Drumstick (Muranka bhaji) leaves applied on the forehead helps to get relief from headache.
14. Taking Lemon Tea helps to get relief from headache due to pitta problem.
15. Applying Ginger paste on the forehead and sleeping covering the body with a blanket helps to get relief from head ache.
16. Taking raw Onion or smelling Onion juice will helps to get relief from head ache.
17. Black gram (Urad) grinded and applied on the forehead helps to get relief from head ache.
18. Putting pure Ghee (made from cows milk) drops in both the nostrils regularly helps to cure head ache permanently.
19. Massaging foot soles with Ghee or Mustard (Sarson) oil in the nights regularly helps to cure head ache.
20. Boil some Cloves (Laung) with Jaggery (Gur) in water for few minutes, filter it and take this decoction twice a day or just applying Clove paste on the forehead helps to get relief from headache.
21. Applying diluted Asafoetida (Hing) paste on the forehead gives relief from headache but be careful as it can cause irritation and burn the skin..
22. Applying Mint juice (Pudina) on the fore head helps to get relief from headache.
23. Cardamom (Elaichi) paste applied on the forehead or smelling Cardamom helps to get relief from head ache.
24. Drinking Water melon juice or Bael juice helps to relieve from headache due to heat.
25. Drinking Basil (Tulsi) juice mixed with Lemon juice helps to get relief from head ache.
26. Drinking Coffee also helps sometimes to get relief from head ache.
27. Having Lemon juice with Cardamom (Elaichi) powder helps to get relief from headache.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world’s oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It’s based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world’s first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.