Halitosis, is an unpleasant odor of the mouth. It can occur on occasion, or it can be a chronic condition. It may be caused by foods a person eats, poor oral hygiene, medical conditions, or other factors.
Food is a primary source of bad odors that come from the mouth. Some foods, such as garlic, onions, and spicy foods, exotic spices (such as curry), some cheeses, fish, and acidic beverages such as coffee can leave a lingering smell. Most of the time this is short term. Other foods may get stuck in the teeth, promoting the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath odor. Low carbohydrate diets may also cause "ketone breath." These diets cause the body to burn fat as its energy source. The end-product of making this energy is ketones, which cause a fruity acetone-like odor on the breath when exhaled.
Bad breath can be because of many reasons like sinus problem, indigestion, stomach related and lung problems, gum diseases, poor oral hygiene, radiation therapy, hunger, menstrual problems, mouth breathing, dieting, bronchitis, consumption of cofee, tea, tobacco, alcohol etc.Some. home remedies have given to stop bad breath.
But we suggest you to keep your stomach clean as stomach causes 90 % of problems and bad breath is also related to stomach upsets.
Recent studies showed involvement in excessive oral sex - fellatio/cunnilingus also result in bad breath. it usually happens when series of nights the giver sleeps without brushing teeth, while intaking semen or vaginal discharge in mouth to please the partner.
Prevention Tips on Halitosis (Bad breath)
1. Eat healthy fibrous foods and avoid constipation problem.
2. Drink lots of water especially in the morning.
3. Don't jump breakfast and don't give much gap for breakfast after you get up.
4. Avoid Mouth Breathing .
5. Regular flossing, brushing of teeth and cleaning tongue are must.
Ayurveda Treatment in Halitosis (Bad breath)
1. Chewing Basil (Tulsi) leaves everyday helps to stop bad breath problem.
2. Equal quantities of Areca nut (Supari), Garlic and Nut meg (Joy phal) powdered. One spoon of this powder taken with water before sleeping stops bad breath.
3. Pomegranate (Anar) skin can be boiled in water and washing mouth with this water also helps to cure bad breath.
4. Chewing Tender Henna (Mehandi) leaves and spitting its juice also helps to stop bad breath problem.
5. Boil some Mint (Pudina) leaves in water and keep drinking this water or just chewing Mint leaves helps to stop bad breath.
6. Durva (Dub, a grass used to worship Lord Ganesha) boiled in water and this filtered water used as a mouth wash also stops bad breath.
7. Ginger juice mixed with hot water can be used as a mouth wash also stops bad breath.
8. Eating Californian raisin (Monakka) daily for 15 days helps to cure bad breath.
9. Washing mouth with Lemon water which also helps to stop bad breath.
10. Eating Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) or Carrom (Ajwain) seeds or Carrom leaf or Aniseeds (Sauf) also helps to stop bad breath.
11. Sucking a Cardamom (Elaichi) or Clove (Laung) after meals also helps to stop bad breath.
12. Long pepper (Pipple) powdered and taken with Honey regularly helps to stop bad breath.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.