Dysentery is an inflammation of the intestine causing diarrhea with blood. Other symptoms may include fever, abdominal pain, and rectal tenesmus (a feeling of incomplete defecation).
It is caused by a number of types of infection such as bacteria, viruses, parasitic worms, or protozoa. It is a type of gastroenteritis. The mechanism is an inflammatory disorder of the intestine, especially of the colon.
Symptoms normally present themselves after one to three days and are usually no longer present after a week. The frequency of urges to defecate, the large volume of liquid feces passed, and the presence of mucus, pus and blood depends on the pathogen that is causing the disease. Temporary lactose intolerance can occur. In some caustic occasions severe abdominal pain, fever, shock, and delirium can all be symptoms.
In extreme cases, dysentery patients may pass over one litre of fluid per hour. More often, individuals will complain of nausea, abdominal pain, and frequent watery and usually foul-smelling diarrhea, accompanied by mucus and blood, rectal pain, and fever. Vomiting, rapid weight-loss, and generalized muscle aches sometimes also accompany dysentery. On rare occasions, the amoebic parasite will invade the body through the bloodstream and spread beyond the intestines. In such cases, it may more seriously infect other organs such as the brain, lungs, and the liver.
The mouth, skin, and lips may appear dry due to dehydration. Lower abdominal tenderness may also be present.
Dysentery/Loose Motion : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Harad (Haritaki) paste is a wonderful remedy for dysentery or loose motion which can be taken 3-4 times a day.
2. Pomegranate (Anar) leaves boiled in water and this water filtered and taken helps to stop dysentery or loose motion.
3. Beal juice helps in cleaning the stomach and cures dysentery or loose motion.
4. Drinking water with Lemon juice thrice a day also cures dysentery or loose motion.
5. Drinking Tea also helps to overcome dysentery or loose motion.
6. Taking Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) with Buttermilk (Chach) also cures dysentery or loose motion.
7. Eating cooked Lady finger (Bendi) helps to cure dysentery or loose motion.
8. Eating Dates (Khajur) also helps to cure dysentery or loose motion.
9. Eating boiled Rice with Curd helps in curing dysentery or loose motion.
10. Fenu greek (Menthi) seeds taken with Buttermilk helps in curing dysentery or loose motion.
11. Apple pieces boiled in Milk and taken 3 times a day helps in curing dysentery or loose motion.
12. Eating a fully ripe Banana pulp meshed in Buttermilk helps to cure dysentery or loose motion.
13. Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera) taken with Honey after meals helps to overcome dysentery or loose motion.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are more benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.