Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. Dandruff is a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of the population at the post-pubertal age and of any gender and ethnicity. It often causes itching. It has been well established that keratinocytes play a key role in the expression and generation of immunological reactions during dandruff formation. The severity of dandruff may fluctuate with season as it often worsens in winter. Most cases of dandruff can be easily treated with specialized shampoos. There is, however, no true cure.
The dry flakes of dead skin on the scalp results in itching, hair loss, damaged hair, skin problems etc. The causes of dandruff are uncleanness, mental tension, fever, infection, excessive use of shampoos, hormonal problems, Eating lots of fried items, chocolates etc.
Dandruff : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
The shampoos, soaps are harmful to the hair and they cannot completely cures dandruff so it is better to use home made remedies to overcome dandruff problem.
1. Fenugreek (Menthi) paste applied on the scalp an hour before taking bath helps to overcome Dandruff problem.
2. Applying Lemon juice on the scalp 10 minutes before taking head bath helps to remove Dandruff.
3. Sour Curd applied on the scalp an hour before taking bath helps to get rid of Dandruff.
4. Reetha (Soap nut) used for washing hair helps to get relief from Dandruff.
5. Indian Gooseberries (Amla) paste applied on the scalp before taking bath helps to get relief from Dandruff.
6. Hibiscus leaves boiled in small quantity of water and used along with Shikakai as a hair wash instead of soap, shampoo helps in reducing Dandruff problem. This is a natural hair conditioner.
7. Gram flour (Besan) mixed with Curd applied on the scalp before bath helps to remove Dandruff.
8. Boiled Beetroot leaves used for washing hairs helps to get rid of Dandruff.
9. Regular oil massage on the scalp helps to get relief from Dandruff.
10. Neem paste or sweet neem (Curry patta) paste mixed with Basil (Tulsi) paste applied on the scalp helps to remove Dandruff.
11. Grinded Pigeon pea (Arhar dal) applied on the scalp before taking bath helps to remove Dandruff.
12. Applying Crushed raw Papaya (Papita) paste on the scalp 10 minutes before taking bath is very helpful. This process assists in the exfoliation of dandruff flakes and slow down fungal growth. Papaya contains enzyme papain which is very helpful in redducing dandruff and hair fall problem.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are more benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.