Constipation (also known as costiveness or dyschezia) refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass. Constipation is a common cause of painful defecation. Severe constipation includes obstipation (failure to pass stools or gas) and fecal impaction, which can progress to bowel obstruction and become life-threatening.
The causes of Constipation are irregular meals, excessive eating, lack of rest, lack of physical activity, mental tensions, lack of sleep, lack of water intake, smoking, weak intestine, weak digestive system, irregular sleeping habits, consumption of too much coffee or tea, side effects of allopathic medicines etc. People take anema which is only a temporary relief but causes some other problems later on. So it is advisable to use home remedies to overcome Constipation problem.
Ayurveda Remedies for Constipation
1. Eating a Harad (Terminalia chebula ,haritaki) everyday helps to overcome Constipation.
2. Taking a spoon of Triphala (Triphala is composed of Harad (Haritaki ), Indian gooseberries (Amla) and Behada (Bibhitaki)) every night before going to bed helps to clear the stomach next morning and cures Constipation problem.
3. Massaging the stomach everyday night with Mustard (Sarson) oil helps to cure Constipation problem.
4. Eating Lentil (Masoor dal) regularly helps to clear the stomach and cures Constipation problem.
5. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day preferably hot water in the morning helps to cure Constipation.
6. Eating Watermelon (Tarbooj) regularly for few days helps to cure Constipation problem.
7. Drinking raw Spinach juice (Palak) for few days gives permanent relief from Constipation.
8. Eating a ripe Fig (Anjeer) in the night or 5 dried figs boiled with Milk taken before going to bed helps to overcome Constipation.
9. Eating a ripe Papita (Papaya) before going to bed gives relief from Constipation problem.
10. Eating one raw Onion with every meals helps to cure Constipation problem.
11. Radish (Muli) taken with Salt and Black pepper (Kali mirch) clears the stomach and gives relief from Constipation.
12. Hot water with Lemon juice taken in the night gives relief from Constipation.
13. Using Garlic (Lehsun) regularly in cooking helps to get relief from Constipation.
14. Taking Guava (Amrud) with seeds provides roughage to diet and it act as a laxative in the intestine. It should be taken only before meals to get relief from Constipation.
15. Tomato is also said to be very good for Constipation which helps in cleaning the stools which are sticking in the intestine.
16. Using Fenugreek leaves (Menthi) in meals also helps to reduce Constipation.
17. Eating 250 grams of Fresh Carrot (Gajar) everyday helps to increase appetite and reduce Constipation.
18. Drinking Wheat grass juice regularly helps to overcome Constipation problem.
19. Bitter gourd (Karela) juice taken regularly or eating Bitter gourd helps to overcome Constipation problem.
20. Eating a spoon of powdered Aniseed (Sauf) with hot water in the night helps to cure Constipation.
21. Using Amaranth (Cholayi) regularly in meals also helps to overcome Constipation.
22. Buttermilk (Chach) taken with Carrom seeds (Ajwain) helps to overcome Constipation.
23. Drinking 2-3 drops of Castor oil (Erand) with Milk in the night helps to overcome Constipation.
24. A spoon of Ginger juice boiled with water taken regularly helps to overcome Constipation.
25. Eating raw Cabbage (Patta gobi) everyday helps to overcome Constipation.
26. Drinking Hot milk with Flea seeds (Isabgol ) in the night helps to overcome Constipation.
27. Taking Half spoon of Black pepper powder mixed with pure Ghee which helps the stick stool to loosen. Later drink hot milk which helps to clear the stomach and cure Constipation.
28. Eating Grapes everyday also helps to overcome Constipation.
29. Eating Bael fruit or drinking Bael juice everyday helps to overcome Constipation as Bael is a good laxative and having more cooling effect on the body .
30. Sprouted Green gram (Moong) is a good remedy to relieve from Constipation.
31. Eat one ripe Banana before going to bed everyday to avoid Constipation.
32. Ripe Banana pulp mixed with Curd taken everyday helps to get relief from Constipation.
33. Eating a ripe Mango after meals helps to get relief from Constipation.
34. Eating raw Beetroot everyday helps to overcome Constipation.
35. Few drops of Castor oil mixed with a spoon of Lemon juice taken in the night helps to cure Constipation.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.