If you are a man, it is quite common that you may experience some hair loss in your lifetime. Many men lose hair when they are in their twenties; some are a little luckier and lose their hair in their late forties. If you have noticed that you have lost your hair, there are a couple of treatments available. Here are some tips.
Hair loss is very common, however it is very difficult for many men to deal with. Hair loss can affect a person's looks and self esteem. If you are losing your hair there are two main treatments that have been proven effective. They are topical treatments and a drug that works via pill form.
There are effective natural hair loss treatment options available today. The hair is one of first features that people notice about us. Naturally the health and beauty of our hair is very important to us for it represents our image and our social, professional, and cultural affiliations.
However, not everyone has the healthy and beautiful hair that they truly desire. Today, many people suffer from hair and scalp problems, even among a younger age group. The primary problems of hair are hair loss. In this article, we will discuss the causes of hair loss and the natural treatment options available.
Hair Loss Common Causes and Treatments
Causes of Hair Loss
- Use of Synthetic Hair Care Products - The use of harsh, chemical-based hair care products is one of the major causes.
- Emotional Stress - An epidemic condition prevailing in the world today, consequently affecting the physiological functioning of the hair growth. Intense anxiety, sadness, depression, grief, long-standing fear, apprehensive habits, aggressive behavior, violent expressions, hurried and impatient behavior are examples of emotional stress.
- Nutritional Deficiency - It affects the overall growth & quality of hair.Vitamins B group, Vitamin A, proteins, iron, minerals are directly involved in the maintenance of hair growth.
- Hormonal variations - example of hormones are progesterone, estrogen, testosterone.
- Systemic Diseases - diabetes, thyroid problems, elevated cholesterol level in the blood leading to arteriosclerosis. It causes the constriction of blood vessels and blood circulation in the scalp is vital to the health of the hair.
- Medicine and Drug Toxicity - cancer medications, steroids, antibiotics, anti-hypertensive medications, contraceptives pills are just a few that cause hair loss.
- Genetic Factors - this is expected to influence hair growth when the individual reaches the age of 40 and above.
- Excessive hair loss, consequently, may lead to eventual baldness. The good news is that there are various natural hair loss treatment options available to treat hair loss and baldness. Treatments for hair loss and baldness include:
- Surgical - Hair Follicle Transplant, Hair Graft, Hair Flap, Scalp Reduction, Tissue Expansion. This is an expensive and can be painful treatment option.
- Medical - Topical solutions such as Rogaine with Minoxidil as active ingredient and oral solutions such as Foltene , Propecia - Finasteride as active ingredients. Again, this is an expensive option and can lead to harmful side effects and risks.
- Ayurvedic Massage, Relexology, Hair Spa, Acupuncture - These holistic treatments improve circulation and blood flow, which promotes the health of the hair follicles.
- Herbal Hair Care Products - Example: Ayurvedic hair care treatment is an effective natural hair loss treatment option.
Hair Loss Treatment
While there are certainly a number of medical treatments that offer great results, experts say that natural hair loss treatment can yield some of the best benefits for anyone concerned about the health of their hair. Most people choose to treat their hair loss with medications or surgery, such as Minoxidil or hair transplantation. However many people fail to realize that medication and surgery are costly and may carry some harmful side effects and risks. The safest and most cost efficient form of hair loss therapy is natural hair loss treatment, which includes healthy dieting, herbal remedies, exercise and proper hair care techniques. Natural hair loss treatment has become the "Lost Art" of hair repair and is often neglected as a form of treatment among the very pricey alternatives.
Hair Loss Natural Treatment
A fundamental principal in natural hair loss treatment is that the same foods that are good for your health, are good for your hair. Although hair loss can be caused by many other variables, lack of proper nutrition will cause hair loss in most people. Foods that are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and have reduced fat content can help in maintaining healthier hair and preventing hair loss. For example, essential fatty acids, found in spinach, walnuts, soy, tuna, sardines, sunflower seeds and canola oil, are important dietary essentials useful in keeping hair healthy. The omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids contain anti-inflammatory properties that are useful in maintaining healthy hair. Insufficient levels of these essential fatty acids could lead to quicker hair loss.
Hair Loss Food Treatment
A deficiency in vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 can also lead to excessive hair loss. Foods containing B vitamins, like liver, chicken, fish and soybean are important to healthy hair growth and natural hair loss treatment. Both vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 are found in protein rich foods, which are needed to maintain natural hair growth. B vitamins are very essential to one's diet in order to prevent excessive hair loss. Certain vitamins and nutritional supplements are often necessary to restore protein levels which in turn, are useful in preventing hair loss. Increasing vitamin B intake in one's diet is a successful way to prevent or treat your hair loss naturally.
Alongside the concept of healthy eating of vitamins, minerals and nutrients are also the use of herbal remedies that are effective in preventing hair loss as a natural hair loss treatment. Among the herbs making medical headlines is Saw Palmetto. Although most studies of Saw Palmetto have been for the treatment of prostatic disease, more recent studies have been conducted on its effectiveness in treating hair loss. The herb has been found to work in fighting benign prostatic disease by lowering levels of DHT, which is a known cause of androgenic alopecia, the medical term for male or female pattern hair loss. While there are no clinical trials supporting this herb's usefulness as a natural hair loss treatment, there is some reliable research proving that it can slow down androgen activity within the hair follicle.
Hair Loss Herbal Treatment
Nettles, usually taken in the form of Nettle Root Extract, has shown itself to be effective in preventing hair loss as well. Nettles are rich in vitamins A and C, that are beneficial in inhibiting DHT production and promoting hair growth as a natural hair loss treatment. Other traditional herbs that are useful as natural hair loss treatments are green tea, licorice extract, horsetail, ginger, psoralea seeds, apple cider vinegar, rosemary and sage tea.
Research is constantly discovering modern forms of natural hair loss treatments. The list of treatments summarized in this article are only a fraction of the available natural therapies for hair loss. Everyone has some hair loss from day to day. In fact, it is normal to lose up to 100 strands of hair a day. However, some people lose a lot more hair than expected, due to genetic reasons, disease, medications, stress, injury, or an unhealthy diet. Regardless of the cause of hair loss, natural hair loss treatment, involving changes in diet and lifestyle, is the safest form of preventive hair treatment around. Catching your hair loss in its early stages and treating it naturally is among the best lines of defense in preventing excessive hair loss and the safest method for treating it.