Cholesterol is a abundant fatty substance found in animal tissues and various foods and is critically important. Although some Cholesterol is obtained from the diet most Cholesterol is made in the liver and other tissues. Elevated Cholesterol level leads to blockage in arteries, heart problems etc which is life threatening.
However cholesterol is required to build and maintain membranes; it modulates membrane fluidity over the range of physiological temperatures. The hydroxyl group on cholesterol interacts with the polar head groups of the membrane phospholipids and sphingolipids, while the bulky steroid and the hydrocarbon chain are embedded in the membrane, alongside the nonpolar fatty-acid chain of the other lipids.
Most ingested cholesterol is esterified, and esterified cholesterol is poorly absorbed. The body also compensates for any absorption of additional cholesterol by reducing cholesterol synthesis. For these reasons, seven to ten hours after ingestion, cholesterol will show little, if any, effect on total body cholesterol content or concentrations of cholesterol in the blood. However, during the first seven hours after ingestion of cholesterol, the levels significantly increase.
Ayurvedic Advice: Prevention of Cholesterol
1. Avoid Maida based products which tends to upset the insulin balance which leads to an increase in Cholesterol.
2. Ghee, Paneer, Butter, Cream, Fried items should be avoided.
3. Non vegetarian food especailly red meats should be avoided.
4. Liver is the seat of Cholesterol metabolism and Alcohol affects the liver so alcohol should be avoided.
5. Aerated drinks, Fast foods should be avoided.
6. Avoid quickie foods; snacks, oily items.
Cholesterol: Ayurveda Natural Home Remedies
1. People suffering from high Cholesterol should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day as it stimulates the activity of skin and kidneys thereby reducing excessive Cholesterol from the system.
2. Regularly eating Curd helps in reducing bad Cholesterol.
3. Regularly eating raw Garlic helps in reducing Cholesterol level.
4. Regular drinking of a decoction of Coriander (Dhania) seeds helps to stimulate kidneys and reduce Cholesterol level.
5. Regularly eating Ginger helps in reducing Cholesterol level as ginger helps in blood circulation and keeps liver healhy.
6. Regular physical exercises like bycycling, swimming, jogging etc are helpful in improving blood circulation and enhancing the good Cholesterol level.
7. Finely chopped Onion pieces mixed with a cup of Buttermilk along with half spoon of Black pepper (Kali mirch)taken regularly helps in reducing bad Cholesterol level.
8. Eat plenty of fruits with their skin as fruit skin contain pectin which is a soluble fibre that blinds Cholesterol.
9. Regularly chewing Sweet neem (Curry patta) or using them in cooking helps to reduce Cholesterol level.
10. Regularly eating Fenu greek (Menthi) seeds or Fenu greek sprouts helps in reducing Cholesterol level.
11. Eating unprocessed fibre rich wheat flour, whole wheat bread are rich in insoluble fibre which helps in flushing out oil from the intestine.
12. Soya flour, Barley, Oat all are helpful in reducing Cholesterol level.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.
|Bed Wetting / Enuresis : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Burning Urine/Dysuria : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Burns : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cancer : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Chickenpox: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cholera: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cholesterol : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cold and Running Nose: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Constipation : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Male Infertility: How to Increase Sperm Count Naturally (Home Remedies)|