Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a highly contagious disease caused by the initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV). The disease results in a characteristic skin rash that forms small, itchy blisters, which eventually scab over. It usually starts on the face, chest, and back and then spreads to the rest of the body. Other symptoms may include fever, feeling tired, and headaches. Symptoms usually last five to ten days. Complications may occasionally include pneumonia, inflammation of the brain, or bacterial infections of the skin among others. The disease is often more severe in adults than children. Symptoms begin ten to twenty one days after exposure to the virus.
Chickenpox is a viral infection and highly contagious disease. The symptoms are high fever, loss of appetite, headache, stomach ache and red rashes on the skin. These rashes or blisters may vary from 250 to 500 in numbers when chickenpox reaches its peak.
Chickenpox: Ayurveda Natural Home Remedies
1. Salt, chilies, ghee, oil, spices (Masala) should not be taken at least 15 days after getting the Chickenpox symptoms. The food should be very light and easily digestible. Remember that salt will cause itching in rashes during Chickenpox so avoid using salt. Don’t eat banana, brinjal, sweet pumpkin for some days even after the Chickenpox is completely cured. Don’t touch the rashes and if the itching is intolerable one can use neem leaves to itch. Avoid taking bath for 15 days or till the rashes are completely subsides and dries up.
2. Boil Neem leaves in water for 10 mins and filter it. Drink a glass of this decoction in the empty stomach for 3 days of the starting of the Chickenpox.
3. For taking bath after 15 days, Boil some Neem leaves in water for sometime and use this water for bath. But rashes should not be rubbed.
4. Drink lot of water to avoid dehydration which is a common problem during Chickenpox.
5. Drink Milk in sufficient quantity during Chickenpox but don’t drink in the empty stomach which can create gas.
6. To get rid of Chickenpox scars it is very important that rashes should not be touched. Remember that it takes 1-2 month for the rash scars to get the original colours as the time required for the pigmentation is more. Still following these home remedies can be used to get rid of Chickenpox scars. But remember not to apply anything till the rashes dries.
7. Applying Honey on the Chickenpox scars helps to reduce them.
8. Applying Sandal wood oil (Sandalwood powder boiled with Coconut oil and filtered) or pure Coconut oil also helps to reduce Chickenpox scars.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.