Cheilitis is inflammation of the lips. This inflammation may include the perioral skin (the skin around the mouth), the vermilion border, and/or the labial mucosa. The skin and the vermilion border are more commonly involved, as the mucosa is less affected by inflammatory and allergic reactions.
Cheilitis can be either acute or chronic. Most cheilitis is caused by exogenous factors such as dryness (chapping) and acute sun exposure.
Common cheilitis are characterized by cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin of the lips, and are one of the most common types of cheilitis. While both lips may be affected, the lower lip is the most common site. There may also be burning or the formation of large, painful cracks when the lips are stretched. If chronic, cheilitis can progress to crusting and bleeding.
Lip licking, biting, or rubbing habits are frequently involved. Paradoxically, constant licking of the lips causes drying and irritation, and eventually the mucosa splits or cracks. The lips have a greater tendency to dry out in cold, dry weather. Digestive enzymes present in saliva may also irritate the lips, and the evaporation of the water in saliva saps moisture from them.
Dry and chapped lips can be because of many reasons. In winter, this problem is common. Other than that when you are having cold, fever you will feel your lips are dried up as you are breathing thru mouth.
Cheilitis (Chapped Lips) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
There are some home remedies for this dry and chopped lips problem.
1. Applying 2 -3 drops of Mustard (Sarson) oil in the naval after bath and before going to bed is the best remedy for curing dry and chapped lips problem.
2. Applying pure Ghee or pure Butter or Coconut oil on the lips cures dry and chapped lips problem.
3. Applying Glycerin on the lips also helps to overcome dry and chapped lips problem.
4. Pure Butter mixed with a pinch of Salt applied on the lips cures dry and chapped lips problem.
5. Eating Almonds (Badam) everyday helps to overcome dry and chapped lips problem.
6. Cardamom (Elaichi) powder mixed with Butter can be taken for 7 days will completely cure dry and chapped lips problem.
7. Rub a fresh Aloe Vera (Gwar Patha) leaf on the lips which helps to overcome dry and chapped lips problem.
8. Applying fresh Milk cream on the lips helps to cure dry and chapped lips problem.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are more benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.