Bad body odour (body odor) can be due to many reasons like uncleanness, Tight fitting cloths and shoes, stomach disorders, skin infections, consuming non vegetarian food etc.
The formation of body odors is mainly caused by skin glands excretions and bacterial activity. Between the different types of skin glands, the human body odor is primarily the result of the apocrine sweat glands, which secrete the majority of chemical compounds needed for the skin flora to metabolize it into odorant substances. This happens mostly in the axillary (armpit) region, although the gland can also be found in the areola, anogenital region, and around the navel.
The armpit regions seem more important than the genital region for body odor which may be related to bipedalism. The genital and armpit regions also contain springy hairs which help diffuse body odors.
It is advised to clean armpit hairs and apply clinical cream to avoid body odour.
Balanced Diet with lot of fruits, vegetables and drinking more water and taking bath twice a day, all these are necessary to control body odour. Body odor has a strong genetic basis, but it can be also strongly influenced by various diseases and psychological conditions.
Study in Index
Bad Body Odour Treatment
Body odor is caused by bacteria breaking down sweat and is largely linked to the apocrine glands. Most body odor comes from these. These glands are found in the breasts, genital area, eyelids, armpits, and ear. In the breasts, they secrete fat droplets into breast milk. Usually body odour is associated with medical condition or habit. Changes to body odor may be due to puberty, excessive sweating, or poor hygiene. Sudden changes are typically caused by the environment, medications, or foods that you eat.
Body odour occur in the following body parts:
5. pubic hair and other hair
6. belly button
8. behind the ears
9. the rest of the skin, to a lesser extent
10. around neck (dark neck / black neck pigmentation)
Body odors are often caused by three things: diet, stress, and underlying medical conditions. Shower at least once a day, and you’ll wash away sweat and get rid of some of the bacteria on your skin. Sweat by itself is basically odorless. But when the bacteria that live on your skin mix with sweat, they multiply quickly and raise quite a stink.
Home remedies for Bad body Odour (Odor)
1. Applying the paste of Gram flour ( Besan ) mixed with Curd on the whole body before taking bath cleans and opens the pores which helps in removing bad body odour.
2. Bael leaves dried and powdered then mixed with Shikakai ( Soap nut ) can be used for taking bath in stead of soap helps to overcome bad body odour.
Do not Indulge in Partner Pleasing Sweat Fetish
3. Betel ( Pan ) leaves grinded with equal quantity of Gooseberry ( Amla ) and this paste applied on the body before taking bath cures bad body odour.
4. Tamarind ( Imli ) leaves grinded with Banana tree root and applied on the body before taking bath also helps to overcome bad body odour.
5. Drinking Carrot ( Gajar ) juice everyday helps to overcome bad body odour problem.
Armpits should be cleaned
6. After eating onion, garlic, chewing Aniseeds ( Sauf ) or Dhania or even Mint leaves ( Pudina ) helps to overcome bad odour.
7. After eating Radish ( Muli ) eat Jaggery ( Gur ) and Aniseeds ( Sauf ) to avoid bad odour.
8. Inhaling or smelling Basil ( Tulsi ) juice helps to overcome bad odour from nose.
Bath After Sometime of Workouts
Foods to Remove Bad Body Odour (Bad Body Smell)
Lifestyle changes to Avoid Body Odour (Body Odor)
Daily Routine to Remove Bad Body Odour/Body Odor
Be prepared for any situation in a day whether at home or office or during commutation to remove bad body odour so that you can smell good till end of the day. Take an effective shower, keep your shoes and breath smelling fresh, use natural products that will keep you smelling fresh.
1. Wash your entire body daily. Pay special attention to the area behind your ears, back of your neck (dark neck pigmentation), sweaty spots, such as your armpits and your inner thighs. (Refer here to lighten dark neck).
2. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Rinse mouth with mouthwash naturals after brushing. Use organic products with no alcohol in it. Make the habit of brushing your teeth after every meal especially when had sweets, otherwise it develops cavities, bad breath and leads to tooth decay.
3. Washing hands is the best way to stop germs from spreading. Always wash your hands before eating, and wash hands compulsorily after the use of toilets.
4. Undust all the open items inside the house. *Keep the kitchen clean and tidy always. Remember to keep your wearing’s (clothes, shirts, jackets…) away from kitchen to avoid food smell sticking to the clothes.
5. Always smell good when in office or at home. Use mild deodorants or mild pleasant colognes for body odor. (*Do not use strong perfumes as it may give migraines to others). Note: The pleasant aroma when smelled from the suitable oils or colognes, increases the levels of oxygen in the brain, also improves your joy mood, attitude, learning and emotions.
6. One should have bath regularly, if possible twice a day, to keep the body clean and free of body odor. You can try antibacterial soap. Mixing juice of one lemon to your bath water helps to keep you refreshed. Add rose water to your bath water to keep you fresh through out the day. Keep your underarms or armpits free of hair, as hair collects perspiration and might cause offensive odor. Try rinsing your armpit with a tsp of vinegar diluted in a mug of water.
7. Wash your clothes regularly to make them smell good
8. Dress well on all occasions. Wear a smile on face where ever you go, makes a complete dress.
9. Try not licking your dry lips, instead apply lip balm or chap stick comes in different fruit flavors.
10. Clean your feet so that they don’t become smelly. Be sure to scrub between your toes. When you’re done with your shower, dry your feet thoroughly with a towel.
11. Avoid wearing socks for more than seven hours at a stretch to avoid bad odor & feet infections, remove them and let your feet breathe once in a while.
12. If you have sweaty feet, use cotton socks and wash it regularly.
Have 2 pair of shoes and socks so that you don’t have to wear the same shoes everyday. Rotate it giving them time to dry completely. Lastly maintaining personal hygiene not only helps us to smell good but also helps to boost our confidence and self esteem.
Bad Odour/Odor Spoils Relationship
Smell Good to Save The Relation!
13. Put talcum powder into your shoes. You can also use special inner soles in your shoes that can be taken out and washed when they become smelly. Put dryer sheets in your shoes to keep them smelling fresh!
14. Change your underpants often. Always change into clean underwear after a shower. If you’re smelling not so good “down there,” then change your underwear at lunch or after you get home from school or work.
15. End the meal with yogurt to suppress the bad breath. Or Dilute apple cider vinegar in warm water and gargle twice a day to get rid of bad breath. It can remove stains from teeth by rubbing teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
16. Over consumption of salty, sugary, spicy masala foods, meats, eggs, fish increases the unpleasant Body Odor.
17. AVOID foods such as onion, garlic, meats and fish can cause bad breath — even after hours you brush your teeth. Also any type of smoking (cigarettes, cigars, pipe) can give bad breath.
18. Chew few cardamom (elaichi) seeds, the aromatic flavor in cardamom freshens your breath.
19. Chew parsley after every meal.
20. Natural home remedy for bad breath using cinnamon: Take 1 cup of hot water, Add 3 tsp of cinnamon powder, Mix it well, and When lukewarm use as mouthwash.
21. Keep Your Hands off Your Face: This action can cut the risk of developing a bad cold or the flu by almost 47%. Most viruses get onto your body when you touch contaminated objects, but they can’t get into your body and cause illness unless they can reach your nose, eyes and mouth. So keeping your fingers away from your face is most essential.
22. Waxing your bikini and underarm area is sexy.
23. Men who opens the doors for others is cool. Men giving up seats for ladies and elders are cool. Being polite is cool.
24. Talking loudly on cell phones in public area is not cool. Eating with your mouth open is not cool. Leaving the toilet seat up is not cool. Smoking cigarettes is not cool. Long nails on boys is not cool.
25. Magical message for Men: Women judges you by your confidence, your shoes, your belt, the cleanliness of your clothes, your smell, your shoulders, your abs, gentlemen attitude, and your job – in that order.. Be prompt. Don’t be late, being late is a sign of disrespect. Other people’s time is just as important as yours. At the same time, it works vice-versa. If someone keeps you waiting, they better have a really good reason.
26. Most importantly keep your home surroundings very clean to prevent any diseases spreading.
27. Keep a beauty kit at all times with you. These must-haves will save you from sweat and odor when you’re on the go
Your small beauty kit may include:
a) Wet wipes – use this to wipe up any grease or odor from your body. You can use this regularly to clean black neck pigmentation. (Refer here to lighten black neck)
b) Powder – apply on body to feel refreshed and absorb sweat.
c) Cologne – mild colognes works to cover up any smell.
d) Mints – have no time for brushing? Suck on some mints to avoid bad breath.
e) Hair deodorizer – spray it on your hair to cover up the hideous smell of sweat.
f) Extra shirt & socks – in case you really get smelly.
g) Deodorant – make sure it is small so you can freshen you anywhere.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.
|Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) : Ayurvedic Natural Home remedies|
|Dysentery/Loose Motion : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cheilitis (Chapped Lips) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Diarrhoea : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Diabetes: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Dandruff : Ayurvedic Natural Home remedies|
|Cuts on a Tongue: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cough: Ayurvedic Natural Home remedies|
|Acidity and Heart Burn: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Acne and Pimples: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Anemia : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Asthma : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Bad Body Odour : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Halitosis (Bad breath) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Baldness : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|