Imagine there is an event that will take place in a town many miles from where you live.
Your car needs an oil change. But, your life schedule has been very full, allowing you little time to do anything about.
You decide that, to make your trip, you are willing to put up with the engine knocking-even, possibly, having the engine receive damage- because you are so focused on attending the event.
Sometimes, we are just like that. We have so many great goals and Dreams! We get so focused that we allow ourselves to run around with unmet needs, disturbances and tolerations.
Tolerations slow us down in our personal growth. They create ‘frictions’ in our relationships. They make us unable to enjoy the journey of reaching our goals. In plain simple English, tolerations can give us stress, cause conflicts in our most important relationships and, potentially, may create the feeling of exhaustion, discouragement, lack of confidence, pain and hurt.
You’ve got better things to do than to tolerate!
Zapping tolerations is a necessary habit to have if we wish to improve our quality of life. As we grow, we should progressively raise our standards to the creation of a toleration-free zone for our lives.
If you are a heavy coffee drinker, you rely on coffee to keep you awake and get you through the day with energy. If you suddenly stop drinking coffee, you may suffer in the short term. However, the withdrawal ‘pain’ may push you to look into the reasons why you lack energy and motivation at work. You may discover that the reasons are emotional, spiritual or physical. Then, depending upon your discovery, you can properly meet your needs by nourishing your areas of lack.
1. Knowing what you are tolerating is the first step in the process of zapping your tolerations. Writing out all your tolerations can help you tremendously. Don’t worry about how you will resolve the matters. Write them out, become conscious of them and put them in your prayers. You will see that solutions will come.
2. Look for ‘pivotal tolerations.’ These are tolerations that, once you find solutions for a single pivotal toleration, multiple tolerations get resolved. For example, the lack of physical exercise or eating frozen dinners/TV dinners 4 times a week may be big pivotal toleration. It could be pivotal for the resulting situations of obesity, lack of energy, restless sleep or insomnia, lack-luster hair, chronic pain, poor self-image, or other related symptoms. By exercising and eating well, you can help eliminate many or all of the other tolerations.
3. Healthy trees have healthy roots. Don’t just handle the tolerations on the surface. Get to know the roots. Are you working on a job you dislike? Find out the roots of why you feel as you do. Are you not enjoying what you do because it doesn’t allow you to bring into play your talents? Or, do you love what you do but you hate the politics you have to play?
1. You stop wasting your life trying to manage situations that shouldn’t be there in the first place.
2. You become more aware of your choices and become better at making choices right for your life.
3. You have more energy to devote to your quality of life, working on the things that are truly important to you.
4. Your living is a model for family and friends.