Parasitic infections, caused by intestinal helminths and protozoan parasites, are among the most prevalent infections in humans in developing countries. In developed countries, protozoan parasites more commonly cause gastrointestinal infections compared to helminths. Intestinal parasites cause a significant morbidity and mortality in endemic countries.
Helminths are worms with many cells. Nematodes(roundworms), cestodes (tapeworms), and trema-todes (flatworms) are among the most common helminths that inhabit the human gut. Usually, helminths cannot multiply in the human body. Protozoan parasites that have only one cell can multiply inside the human body. There are four species of intestinal helminthic parasites, also known as geo helminths and soil-transmitted helminths: Ascaris lumbricoides(roundworm),Trichiuris trichiu-ria (whipworm),Ancylostoma duodenale, and Necator americanicus (hookworms). These infections are most prevalent in tropical and subtropical regions of the developing world where adequate water and sanitation facilities are lacking. Recent estimates suggest that lumbricoides can infect over a billion,T. trichiura 795 million, and hookworms 740 million people. Other species of intestinal helminths are not widely prevalent. Intestinal helminths rarely cause death. Instead, the burden of disease is related to less mortality than to thechronic and insidious effects on health and nutritional status of the host. In addition to their health effects, intestinal helminth infections also impair physical and mental growth of children,thwart educational achievement, and hinder economic development.
Intestinal parasites, ascaris lumbricoides (roundworm), are parasites that can infect the gastro-intestinal tract of humans and other animals. They can live throughout the body, but most prefer the intestinal wall. Means of exposure include: ingestion of undercooked meat, drinking infected water, and skin absorption. The two main types of intestinal parasites are those helminths and protozoa that reside in the intestines (not all helminths and protozoa are intestinal parasites).
An intestinal parasite can damage or sicken its host via an infection which is called helminthiasis in the case of helminths.
The major groups of parasites include protozoans (organisms having only one cell) and parasitic worms (helminths). Of these, protozoans, including cryptosporidium, microsporidia, and isospora, are most common in HIV-infected persons. Each of these parasites can infect the digestive tract, and sometimes two or more can cause infection at the same time.
Parasites (worms) can get into the intestine by going through the mouth from uncooked or unwashed food, contaminated water or hands, or by skin contact with larva infected soil, they can also be transferred by the sexual act of anilingus in some cases. When the organisms are swallowed, they move into the intestine, where they can reproduce and cause symptoms. Children are particularly susceptible if they are not thoroughly cleaned after coming into contact with infected soil that is present in environments that they may frequently visit such as sandboxes and school playgrounds. People in developing countries are also at particular risk due to drinking water from sources that may be contaminated with parasites that colonize the gastrointestinal tract.
Due to the wide variety of intestinal parasites, a description of the symptoms rarely is sufficient for diagnosis. Instead, two common tests are used: stool samples may be collected to search for the parasites, and an adhesive may be applied to the anus in order to search for eggs.
More Common Among Children Than Adults!
Worm infestations are present in people of all ages but children are much more prone to it as they are at the stage of beginners to learn how to cope with these parasitic enemies. Doctor visits are because of common bowel complaints in child suffering from worm infestation. However, with some elementary information and knowledge, a person can quite effectively face the problems of worm infestations. In Ayurvedic textbook various Acharya has described several effective remedies for solving all kinds of worm infestations.
Prevalence in some areas appears very high while less elsewhere in the country. Data is not extensive for developed countries however developing countries in Southeast Asian region spent 3.76% of total annual budget for health every year. As worm infestation appears as one of the major economic burden to the country. Because of various side effects of modern medication use of herbal medication was increasing now a days and also wide variety of plants possess broad spectrum antihelminthic property which is naturally available. Hence infestation and proper management is necessary for fruitful outcome.
- 1 Worms (Intestinal Parasites) Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
- 1.1 What are Causes and Transmission Modes of Intestinal Worms (Krimi Roga)
- 1.2 What are Types of Worms and Their Transmission Modes
- 1.3 Symptoms of Worms (Intestinal Parasites)
- 1.4 Worms: 32 Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
- 1.4.1 Lemon juice
- 1.4.2 Papaya
- 1.4.3 Buttermilk
- 1.4.4 Bitter gourd (Karela)
- 1.4.5 Basil (Tulsi) juice
- 1.4.6 Neem oil
- 1.4.7 Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 1.4.8 Honey
- 1.4.9 Pomegranate juice
- 1.4.10 Yes send me more such information
- 1.4.11 Coconut water
- 1.4.12 Mint juice
- 1.4.13 Black pepper
- 1.4.14 Carrom (Ajwain)
- 1.4.15 Onion juice
- 1.4.16 Lemon seeds
- 1.4.17 Apple
- 1.4.18 Mango seed
- 1.4.19 Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
- 1.4.20 Carrot juice
- 1.4.21 Hot water
- 1.4.22 Salt
- 1.4.23 Lentil (Masoor) dal
- 1.4.24 Carrom oil
- 1.4.25 Corn (Bhutta)
- 1.4.26 Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1.4.27 Ash gourd (Petha) seeds
- 1.4.28 Garlic juice
- 1.4.29 Papita (Papaya)
- 1.4.30 Black pepper (Kali mirch)
- 1.4.31 Walnut (Akhroat)
- 1.4.32 Jaggery (Gur)
- 1.4.33 Harad (Haritaki)
- 1.5 How Prevention of Ascariasis Worms (Intestinal Parasites) Krimi Roga is Possible?
- 1.6 Sexual Reasons for Intestinal Parasite Breeding
Worms (Intestinal Parasites) Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
What are Causes and Transmission Modes of Intestinal Worms (Krimi Roga)
There are several different ways by which worm infestation can affect human beings.
Feces Cause Krimi Rog (Worms)
The most prominent mode of transmission is through any kind of contact with the feces of an infected person, this can be when human excreta are used as fertilizer in farms, or when clothes of infected Child and soiled diapers of children are washed. Child in contact with the soil that contains human feces that stand high chances of getting infected with intestinal worms.
Contaminated Foods Breed Intestinal Worms (Ascariasis)
2. Eating food that is contaminated with the worms and drinking contaminated water is another common way of transmission. Worms can exist on the outer layers of the food hence Child consuming foods without washing them thoroughly are prone to worm’s infestation.Raw meats, milk and eggs can contain worms that can cause intestinal infections.
Stale Meats Cause Krimi Rog (Worm Infection)
3. Meats like beef, pork and fish that are undercooked contain live worm.
Poor Hygiene Induces Worm Breeding
4. Child maintaining poor hygiene habits can not only get infected with intestinal worms, but they can also pass on the infections to another Child.
Children Playing in Dirt
5. Worms like hookworms enter the human body through the soles of the feet. Hence Child who moves around on the open ground with bare feet has a very high degree of getting infected with hookworms.
Most Common Among Adults
6. Worm transferred during sexual contact. Cunnilingus (i.e. stimulating a woman's genitals with the mouth), fellatio (i.e. stimulating a man's genitals with the mouth) and anal rimming are very common modes of transmitting worms from an infected person to the other.
What are Types of Worms and Their Transmission Modes
|Types of Worms||Modes of Transmission|
|Flatworms||Spread through consumption of raw and undercooked meats|
|Pinworms||Spread from person to person directly|
|Roundworms (Ascarislumbricoides)||Spread through consumption of contaminated solid and liquid foods|
|Whipworms||Spread through consumption of contaminated solid and liquid foods|
What Kind of Complications Worms Cause?
Some important complications that each kind of worm can cause:
Types of worm
|Flatworms||Flatworms are beneficial in small numbers as they help to digest difficult food. But large numbers can be serious causing anemia and asthma. The pork tapeworms can lodge themselves in the brain or eye. When these are killed by the antibodies within the body, they leave behind calcium deposits, causing severe complications.|
|Pinworms||Pinworms can cause severe digestive disorders such as diarrheas with bloody stools. The accompanying dehydration could be fatal, especially in children. In women, pinworms can cause vaginal infections causing discharge. Insomnia is very common in Child with pinworms.|
|Roundworms||(Ascaris lumbricoides) Roundworms are responsible for asthma and anemia in their victims. Child suffers from insomnia and general discomfort during the daytime. Rashes occur in various places on the body. One more complication caused by roundworms is pain in the eye.|
|Whipworms||Diarrheas are common with whipworm infection; bloody stools are seen that lead to anemia and there may be a rectal prolapsed also.|
|Hookworms||They are the most dangerous because hookworms can directly burrow into the skin of the humans, they can cause severe abdominal discomfort and Edema. Large numbers of hookworms are fatal.|
What Type of Ayurvedic Herbal Medicines are Helpful in Killing Intestinal Worms?
Other Causes of Worms (Intestinal Parasites)
Intestinal parasites cause significant morbidity and mortality. Diseases caused by Enterobius vermicularis, Giardia lamblia, Ancylostoma duodenale, Necator americanus, and Entamoeba histolytica occur in the United States. E. vermicularis, or pinworm, causes irritation and sleep disturbances.
Symptoms of Worms (Intestinal Parasites)
10 Signs to have a Parasite in intestine
- Constipation, diarrhea, gas, or other symptoms of IBS
- Traveler’s diarrhea while abroad
- History of food poisoning and improper digestion
- Sleeping disorder, or waking up multiple times during the night
- Skin irritations or unexplained rashes, hives, rosacea or eczema.
- Grinding teeth in sleep
- Pain or ache in the muscles or joints.
- Fatigue, exhaustion, depression, or frequent feelings of apathy.
- Loss of appetite, unsatisfaction after meals.
- Diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia.
Worms: 32 Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
The Worms are present in the intestine, sometimes they comes out with stool. Sometimes stools gets stuck in the intestine which produces Worms. These may cause bloating, anemia, asthma, diarrhea, digestive disorders, fatigue, low immune system, nervousness, skin rash.
Parasites Worms can invade your bodies through contaminated food and water intake, through a transmitting agent (like a mosquito), sexual conduct or through the nose and broken skin. Once established, they will start consuming the food and grow and slowly cause more problems to the body.
Some common home remedies to get rid of these Worms are :
1. Eating a pinch of roasted Asafoetida (Hing) mixed with a spoon of Lemon juice in the morning for 6 days, helps to get rid of Worms.
2. 10 seeds of ripe Papaya (Papita) grinded with 1/4th cup of water, taken for 7 days, helps to get rid of Worms.
3. Drinking salted Buttermilk in the morning is helpful in killing Worms.
Bitter gourd (Karela)
4. Drinking Bitter gourd (Karela) juice or Bitter gourd juice with equal amount of Coconut milk for few days, helps to get rid of Worms.
Basil (Tulsi) juice
5. Drinking a spoon of Basil (Tulsi) juice for few days, helps in killing Worms.
6. Drinking Water mixed with few drops of Neem oil for few days, helps to kill Worms.
Coriander (Dhania) powder
7. Boil a spoon of Coriander (Dhania) powder and Black pepper (Kali mirch) powder in water and filter. Drinking this decoction for few days, helps to get rid of Worms.
8. Drinking one spoon of Honey mixed with two spoons of Curd for few days, helps to kill Worms.
9. Drinking Pomegranate juice everyday also helps to kill Worms.
10. Drinking Coconut water and eating raw Coconut, both are useful in getting rid of Worms.
11. Drinking half cup of Mint juice (Pudina) for 7 days, helps to kill Worms.
12. Sprinkle a pinch of Black pepper and Salt on red Tomatoes. Eating this tomato in the morning, helps to kills Worms.
13. A spoon of Carrom (Ajwain) powder mixed with Jaggery (Gur), taken empty stomach for 3 days, helps in killing Worms.
14. Drinking a spoon of Onion juice once in 2 hours for few days helps to kill Worms.
15. Powder few Lemon seeds and mix it with 1/4 th cup of water. Drinking this for 7 days, kills Worms.
16. Eating Apple in the night before going to bed and avoid drinking water the whole night. Repeating this for few days, helps to kill Worms.
17. Taking 2 grams of Mango seed powder with water for some days, helps to get to rid of Worms.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
18. Drinking 2 spoons of Indian Gooseberry (Amla) juice for 5 days helps to get rid of Worms.
19. Drinking Carrot juice empty stomach for few days, helps to get rid of Worms.
20. Drinking hot water, half an hour after every meal for 10 days, helps to kill Worms.
21. Eating half spoon of Salt before meals for 10 days, doesn't allow Worms to multiply, and also kills Worms.
Lentil (Masoor) dal
22. Eating Lentil (Masoor) dal regularly for few days, doesn't allow Worms to multiply, and also kills Worms.
23. Taking 4 grams of Carrom (Ajwain) powder with a glass of Buttermilk for 7 days or taking 7 drops of Carrom oil, helps in killing Worms.
24. Eating roasted Corn (Bhutta) once in a while doesn't allow Worms to develop.
25. Eating a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing) mixed with a spoon of fresh Neem juice before going to bed for 3 days, helps in killing Worms.
Ash gourd (Petha) seeds
26. Eating few Ash gourd (Petha) seeds with Sugar for few days, helps to kill Worms.
27. Half spoon of Garlic juice mixed with a spoon of Honey taken for few days, helps to kill Worms.
28. Eating raw Papita (Papaya) with Sugar for few days, destroys Worms.
Black pepper (Kali mirch)
29. One gram of Black pepper (Kali mirch) powder with Buttermilk taken for 7 days, helps to get rid of Worms.
30. Eating a Walnut (Akhroat) with Milk for few days, helps to kill Worms especially in children.
31. Eating Jaggery (Gur) before taking any allopathic medicine for killing Worms is very beneficial, as Worms sticking in the intestine wall will come out to eat jaggery and get killed.
32. Eating Harad (Haritaki) is also a very good remedy for killing Worms.
How Prevention of Ascariasis Worms (Intestinal Parasites) Krimi Roga is Possible?
- Always ensure that the water you drink is properly filtered and boiled.
- The food must be properly cooked, especially if it is red meat like beef and pork.
- Vegetables must be washed thoroughly before putting in the cooking pot.
- Fruits must be washed thoroughly and ideally peeled before consumption.
- After outdoor activities like gardening, wash your hands and legs thoroughly with a disinfectant soap.
- Hands must be washed after each visit to the toilet.
- All laundry must be washed on a daily basis.
- Underwear must be washed and dried separately from other clothes.
- If one person in the house is affected, then treatment must be given to all members living in the house. This is to prevent further transmission.
Which Foods are Avoided in Intestinal Worms Problem?
- Red meats including mutton, beef and pork.
- Milk and milk products (especially milk that is not pasteurized properly)
- Water that is not boiled.
- Vegetables that are not washed and cooked well.
Which Foods are Beneficial during worms infection?
- Rice that has been aged and wheat
- Vegetables like brinjals and bitter gourd
- Garlic, coriander and asafetida
Sexual Reasons for Intestinal Parasite Breeding
Performing unsafe, group and unnatural sex contributes to spread of intestinal worms. Sucking of penis after anal sex may cause gastro-intestinal tract infection with flow of parasites through the mouth. Similarly excessive anilingus is also contagious. Different partners can be host to distinct forms of parasites.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world's oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It's based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world's first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.