New research indicates that the nutrient Quercetin, a major antioxidant and bioflavonoid which is found primarily in Apples, Onions, buckwheat, red wine, berries and in many teas has important anti-aging benefits. Quercetin is a vital health nutrient that can improve our health, increase longevity and help add immeasurably to a more energetic and healthier life.
It really is true that an apple or two a day can help keep the Doctor away as apples are one of our best sources of quercetin, especially organically grown apples.
Quercetin has many health and physically benefiting properties including:
1. Quercetin helps fight inflammation and decrease cellular damage
2. Quercetin by fighting inflammation also helps to decrease swelling and pain caused by cellular inflammation
3. Fighting inflammation also helps prevent circulatory damage in blood vessels which is beneficial for heart, mental & overall body health
4. Helps prevent fatigue by helping to decrease damage caused by heavy exercise and the toxic body byproducts heavy exercise produces.
5. Helps significantly increase endurance as shown in studies comparing athletes who increased their intake of quercetin verses those who did not.
6. Is an important antioxidant that helps battle & prevents cellular damage
7. Believed to have important anti-cancer properties as studies indicate
8. Shown to have important anti-viral and immune support benefits
9. Quercetin, as a powerful antioxidant also has important liver protection
10. Is anti-allergenic by helping to prevent & inhibit histamine being released
11. For Energy, Quercetin, stays in the body for long hours (up to 16 hours)
as an antioxidant in the body compared to 3 to 5 hours for caffeine
Quercetin is also one of the best nutrients for anyone who exercises, who has joint pain and or is concerned about stressing their joints and muscles from regular exercise and everyday activities. This can include routine exercise such as biking, running or walking, or gardening, playing sports or activities with children and family. In studies, Quercetin helps muscles and joints recover faster from inflammation from any type of exercise or activity. Alleviating inflammation, pain and swelling also helps a person get better sleep which supports faster muscle recovery and helps a person to function much better during the day.
Important recent research has shown that Quercetin may also have important anti-cancer and cancer preventive benefits and may help reduce the risk for breast and prostate cancer, intestinal and colon cancer and other types of cancer.
Quercetin also helps improve better blood circulation by helping blood vessels to dilate (expand for better blood flow) and helps the body produce more nitrous oxide which enables better dilation. Increasing your Quercetin intake may help you prevent cardiovascular disease. Quercetin is also associated with less blood platelet aggregation, thus helping blood to flow better with less chance of a blood clot forming.
Quercetin has few if any side effects and a report from the Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute helped reinforce this by saying: “No adverse effects have been reported with single oral doses up to 4 grams.”
To help get the many Anti-aging, health, antioxidant, and better exercise endurance and recovery advantages of Quercetin, increase your use of Quercetin rich foods as mentioned above, especially apples and onions.
Also, consider the use of quality enhanced Quercetin supplements that help increase better joint and muscle recovery as well as increase endurance and alertness. One excellent formula is Doctor Greens Joints & Muscles with Quercetin and many other important nutrients and antioxidants that can help contribute to better joint and muscle support and as a faster recovery aid from physical exercise. Doctor Greens Joints & Muscles formula is available at www.doctorgreens.com Here’s to your Best of Health and for a longer, healthier and more active life. Start Feeling Better Now! Sincerely, Hal Decker