Hair loss is one of the most common problems worldwide; affecting one-third of the population. Everyone loses 100 hair stands each day.
It is a natural phenomenon; so there’s is no need to worry over a few follicles falling off. There could be many causes of hair loss which include diet, mineral deficiency, medications, stress, pollution and genetics. Putting on a cap, hat or helmet could also be another reason in men. Here’s our list of 69 lifestyle and home remedy solutions to help reduce or deal with hair loss and baldness.
Hair Loss and Baldness Cure
Lifestyle Remedies for Hair Loss and Baldness Treatment
Regularly wash your hair with mild shampoo
Regular hair washing is a part of preventing hair loss by the way of keeping hair and scalp clean. Doing so, you are lowering the risk of infections and dandruff that may lead to hair breakage or loss. Moreover, clean hair gives the impression of more volume.
Vitamin for hair loss
Vitamins are not only healthy for overall well being but also good for your hair. Vitamin A encourages healthy production of sebum in the scalp, vitamin E betters blood circulation in the scalp to help hair follicles remain productive and vitamin B helps hair maintain its healthy colour.
Enrich diet with protein
Eating lean meats, fish, soy or other proteins promotes hair health and in turn helps curb hair loss.
Scalp massage with essential oils
Those who have been experiencing hair loss for quite some time must massage the scalp with essential oil for couple of minutes. It helps your hair follicles remain active. You can add lavender in an almond or sesame oil.
Avoid brushing wet hair
When hair is wet, it is in its weakest state. So avoid brushing wet hair because the chances of hair loss increases. But if you must comb wet hair, use a very wide-toothed comb. Also avoid brushing hair too frequently as doing so can injure hair and increase loss. Use your fingers to undo tangles, not a comb or brush.
Garlic juice, onion juice or ginger juice
Rub one of the juices on your scalp, leave it overnight and wash it out in the morning. Do it regularly for a week and you will see noticeable result.
Keep yourself hydrated
The hair shaft comprises one quarter water so drink at least four to eight cups of water in a day to stay hydrated and for the growth of healthy hair.
Rub green tea into your hair
Studies have shown that rubbing green tea into hair may help curb hair loss problem. All you need to do is brew two bags of green tea in one cup of water, leave to cool and thereafter, apply it to your hair. Rinse your hair thoroughly after an hour. To see results, practice this regularly for a week to ten days.
Know what is bad for hair
If you want to keep hair healthy, you must know how to take care of them. Avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel. Rather, let hair dry naturally.
Reduce Alcoholic Beverages
Smoking cigarettes reduces the amount of blood that flows to the scalp and this causes a reduction in hair growth.
Make time for physical activity every day. Walk, swim or bike for 30 minutes a day helps balance hormonal levels, reducing stress levels besides reducing hair fall.
Studies in the past have found medical evidence to link stress with hair loss. De-stress yourself; one of the ways of doing it is by practicing meditation. Alternative therapies such as meditation and yoga not only reduce stress but restores hormonal balance.
Avoid Constant heating & drying
Don’t subject your hair to frequent, constant heating and drying procedures. Heat weakens hair proteins, and constant heating and drying can lead to weakness and fragility that causes hair loss.
Keep your head sweat free
Men with oily hair, experience dandruff during summer due to sweating and the chances of hair fall increases. Using shampoos that contains aloe vera and neem can keep the head cool and prevent from dandruff.
Also, men who wear helmet experience major hair loss in summer. As the sweat accumulates in the pores and weakens hair roots causing hair loss in men. So wearing a scarf/ bandanna over your hair or a terry cloth headband can prevent hair loss.
Change how you style your hair (for men with long hair)
If you are losing your hair lately, you must loosen up your hair. Hairstyles such as ponytails, braids and artificial hairstyles pull hair or tug hair follicles, and can eventually cause baldness.
Take care of your health
Health problems are harbingers of hair loss. Ensure you deal with chronic illnesses, high fevers and infections properly to ensure healthy hair.
Keep a watch on medication
Certain medications may have side-effects, one of which could be hair loss. Consult a doctor to ask about conditions that you may have. Let him know if the medication is causing hair loss and if that is the case, ask him to change the medication.
Keep away from chemicals
Harsh chemicals and permanent hair colour products could be damaging for hair health. When you are experiencing hair loss, it is advised not to colour your hair.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss and Baldness Treatment
1. Regular application of castor oil combats hair fall and baldness. It is very good home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally.
2 . Apply a fine paste made from pigeon pea or red gram. It is an effective home remedy in curing hair loss or baldness naturally at home.
3 . Massaging the scalp with aloe vera gel or coconut oil prevents hair loss and helps in growth of new hair naturally. Try this home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss at home.
4. Seeds of lime and black pepper grounded to fine paste when applied on a daily basis on the scalp helps in curing baldness/ hair loss naturally at home. Try this home remedy.
5. Take fenugreek, grind it to make a fine paste, and apply it on the bald patches, and let the hair absorb the paste of fenugreek for one hour. This baldness/hair fall treatment helps in treating hair fall/baldness.
6. Home remedy of beetroot leaves when mixed with henna can do wonder in curing baldness or hair loss naturally at home.
7. Make a hair pack at home mixing hot olive oil, honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and apply it on the scalp 15 minutes before bath. It is very effective home remedy in treating hair loss and baldness at home.
8 . Take elephant tusk, heat it in a pan, and burn it to ashes, then apply the dust of elephant tusk mixed with pure honey or ghee on the bald patches at night, and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off completely. This remedy is age old home remedy of curing baldness. Do try this at home for sure and gain quick results.
9. Honey mixed with onion massaged on the bald patches helps in hair growth. This is a hassle free home remedy for treating baldness / hair fall at home naturally.
10. Take equal amount of camphor and curd, and apply it on the bald patches, and let it dry for 2-3 hours. It is very effective baldness/hair loss treatment at home for fighting baldness and hair loss..
11. Take fresh coriander leaves, and make a paste of it. Apply it on the scalp; it is very easy and effective home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
12. Grind liquorice with milk and a pinch of saffron. This baldness/hair fall treatment promotes hair growth.
13. Juice of spinach and lettuce when taken orally promotes hair growth.
14. Scrub a half of lemon on the bald patches continuously for 1-2 months; this home remedy helps in fighting baldness and hair fall naturally at home.
15 . Coconut oil mixed with lime juice is effective in curing hair loss/baldness.
16. Application of coconut milk is very helpful home remedy in treating baldness/ hair loss at home.
17. Juice of Indian gooseberry mixed with lime juice in equal amount fosters hair growth. Try this home remedy to cure baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
18. The oil prepared at home by boiling Indian gooseberry in coconut oil is very easy and effective home remedy for treating hair fall and baldness at home.
19. Boil 250 grams of mustard oil with 100 grams of henna leaves to make a concoction to combat hair loss. Ever tried this home remedy to cure baldness/hair loss at home? Try it.
20. Use Amla oil (Indian gooseberry) with lime juice to make a shampoo to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home.
21. Mix few drops of kanta-karika juice with honey. Apply it on the scalp to cure baldness/hair loss. This baldness/hair loss treatment must be followed regularly.
22. You can use mixture of both castor oil and almond oil to treat hair loss. Regular use of this home remedy will result in hair growth.
23. You can apply red henna to cure hair loss and have a beautiful hair. Try this home remedy to fight baldness/hair loss at home naturally.
24. Make a concoction of 2 eggs, 2 tea spoons of amla (Indian gooseberry), shikakai (acacia concinna), soap nut (reetha). Massage for 30 minutes on your scalp with this mixture, and wash off with a mild shampoo. You can use this home remedy 3-4 times a week to treat baldness/hair loss.
25. You can use egg yolk with honey as a home remedy to cure hair fall/baldness, and get silky hair.
26. Amla mixed with honey also arrests hair loss.
27. Coconut oil in which a mango has been preserved for one year treats baldness/hair loss. This home remedy stimulates hair follicles to regrow hair.
28. Boil hibiscus in a glass of water, and strain this mixture to apply with lime juice on your bald patches to cure them naturaly at home. You can use this treatment after shampooing your hair.
29. You can rinse your hair with the water in which geranium leaves had been boiled to cure hair fall and baldness naturally at home.
30. Use aloe vera with herbal powder triphala for 3- 6 months on a regular basis to treat baldness/hair loss. Use this baldness/hair loss treatment to fight baldness and hair loss at home naturally.
31. Take 4 parts bhringraj, 3 parts jatamansi, 5 parts dashamoola, and mix them with goat milk to make a solution. This home remedy when taken orally cures hair loss and promotes hair growth.
32 .You can use juice of amaranth to treat baldness/hair loss naturally at home. Many people have benefited from this home remedy.
33. Ash gourd helps in treating baldness problem. Use this baldness/hair fall treatment to deal with falling hair naturally.
34. Curry leaves as a home remedy to treat baldness/hair loss naturally is excellent.
35. Rinse your hair with water in which rosemary leaves had been boiled to get rid of baldness and hair loss. Try this easy baldness and hair fall treatment at home for sure.
36. Take 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds to rub on your bald patches to treat baldness and hair fall. Try this home remedy.
37. Juice of alfalfa with spinach or coriander taken orally promotes hair growth and treats baldness naturally. You must try this home remedy for beautiful hair.
38. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea to cure baldness and hair fall naturally at home.
39. You can drink the mixture of banana, honey, yogurt, skimmed milk as a home remedy to fight hair fall and baldness naturally at home.
40. Arnica oil is very helpful for combating hair fall. Arnica oil is extracted from the dried arnica leaves and is full of anti-inflammatory properties.This treatment is very helpful in curing premature graying of hair also.
41. Steep a bag of green tea for 5 minutes and strain this mixture completely. Let this mixture cool down and then massage this preparation on your hair and scalp for 5 minutes. Let your hair soak up the natural goodness of green tea. Wash off after 30 minutes. Green tea contains some chemical compounds such as alkaloids, flavonoids, tannin, catechol and vitamins like B1.B2, B3 and C which nourish your scalp and arrest hair loss.
42. Grind a pod of garlic to extract garlic juice. Wash your hair thoroughly and let it dry completely Then apply the juice of garlic on your hair. Rub well on your hair to enhance blood circulation and keep it on your hair for some time. Wash it off after 1 hour. Vitamin D and E present in garlic stimulate your hair follicles and aid in hair growth as well as works in preventing baldness.
43. Rub beer on your well-shampooed hair and scalp gently. Let it stay on hair for 30 minutes and then wash it off. Beer gives an amazing shine and volume to hair and it softens your hair also. Minerals content in beer aid in treatment of baldness and hair loss. Use this treatment once a week.
44. Make a hair mask blending one banana, 2 avocados, 2 spoons of olive oil, 3 spoons of buttermilk, one spoon of honey and prepare a hair softening mask. Slather this mask on your hair and keep it on for one hour. Afterwards, wash it off with lukewarm water.
45. You can massage your hair with sagvan seeds oil to stimulate hair growth and curb hair loss.
46. Rubbing raw honey on scalp also encourages hair loss and treats baldness.
47. Shana seeds powder mixed in coconut oil is an amazing treatment for curing hair loss and baldness. You can use castor oil in place of coconut oil in this recipe.
48.Using tabasco sauce, a sauce made from the fruit of a capsicum pepper is also useful in curing baldness. Add this sauce to your regular shampoo to curb baldness and hair loss.
49. You have to grind datura fruit with water and apply this on affected area to prevent hair loss.
50. Rub onion juice on your bald patches and keep this mixture overnight and you will get results in one month.
Are you going bald or losing hair very fast and worried about it?
Why men and women facing baldness or hair loss panic about losing hair but do nothing. Yes, there are plenty of options available to take care of your hair.
We are sharing hair loss guides below. Please read them to follow and regrow hair easily. Preventing hair loss is completely under your control.