A sore throat (or throat pain) is pain or irritation of the throat. A common physical symptom, it is usually caused by acute pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat), although it can also appear as a result of trauma, diphtheria, or other conditions.
The other common things to cause a sore throat are viral infections, such as a cold, flu, and a bacterial infection. Apart from these there are other things which can cause a sore throat. These include smoking, allergies, dry air, mouth breathing, and changing weather, throat abuse such as singing, shouting, coughing, infected tonsils, and food allergies.
Some of these causes you can avoid and others you cannot. Try some of the following home remedies to get rid of sore throat.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Nasal Passages- Keep it clear by practicing anulome-vilome pranayam. This yoga practice is very helpful to cure sore throat. When dealing with a sore throat, best to keep your nasal passages clear. This means do not open your mouth when sleeping, if possible. Sleeping with your mouth open can cause a dry mouth and lead to a sore throat. Proper rest is the best home remedies when dealing with any kind of ailment. Get proper rest when you are dealing with a sore throat. Resting leaves more energy to fight any infection.
Natural Treatment of Sore Throat
Gargling with raspberry tea, turmeric, sage, lukewarm salt water, and Listerine can help ease a sore throat. Gargling is one of the best home remedies for sore throat.
Sore throat – turmeric powder
* Pour one cup of boiling water over two teaspoons of dried raspberry leaves and steep for ten minutes. Then strain, allow cooling and gargling. It is also good for controlling fevers.
* Mix a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a half of teaspoon of salt. Gargle 2-3 times a day.
* Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric with a cup of warm milk and drink.
Sore throat – honey treatment
* Mix a teaspoon of sage in a cup of boiling water. Strain and cool and add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Gargle 3-4 times a day. It will cure sore throat.
Sore throat – salt treatment
* Mix half teaspoon of salt to a very hot cup of water and gargle with it every 3-4 hours to help soothe a sore throat.
Sore throat – gargle soothing
* Gargling with Listerine is another great home remedy to soothe a sore throat.
Sore throat – gargle with apple cider vinegar
* Mix one teaspoon of salt, half cup of apple cider vinegar and one cup of hot water water. Dissolve the salt in the apple cider vinegar and mix in the water. Gargle with this mixture frequently.
* Do not share your glass or bottle with your family member. Use separate cup for gargling.
Note: Do not drink any kind of gargle.
We hope with this article, you will get some useful and effective home remedies to get rid of sore throat completely. For prolonged, chronic and serious sore throat problems, you should consult physician and doctor.