The biggest concern while playing paintball is the safety and security of the players. Wearing the proper paintball gear will help to ensure that nobody will become injured while playing this fast-paced sport. Without a doubt, the use of air-pressured guns can be very dangerous if a person is not wearing appropriate safety gear.
There is a variety of paintball gear required when playing this sport, not just the paintball gun or marker. To help ensure you have all the proper equipment for this action-packed sport, below is a list of gears each person must have before he or she plays the sport.
1. The paintball mask is an essential piece of equipment that will protect your face. Since most serious injuries incurred are in the face, you are not allowed to play if you do not wear a protective mask.
2. Eye protection is another important piece of protection. Investing in a good set of goggles will prevent any splat of paint for getting into your eyes.
3. Each person must have a paintball gun. The gun is used to eliminate your opponent, and thus is a critical piece in your arsenal. Remember to thoroughly research the different types of guns available before making your selection.
4. Of course, you must also have paintballs to shoot at your opponents. You should try to conserve your paintballs while playing and only shoot when you have the target in site.
5. The hopper is another piece of paintball gear you can’t do without. The hopper is where your paintballs are placed. Standard hoppers will load your gun at a rate of 12bps or less. For faster guns, you will want an electronic hopper.
6. The barrel is used to guide the paintball towards the intended target. Brass barrels are relatively inexpensive and allow you to shoot in a straight path and at higher speeds because there is reduced friction.
7. Having air supply is essential and is used in both guns and pistols. Nitrogen and carbon dioxide are available. The carbon dioxide is less expensive, but nitrogen is better.
There are other optional accessories such as belt packs, scopes and kits that can give you an even greater advantage over your opponent. Some accessories are also needed to keep your paintball in good working condition. These include oil for lubing your gun, a squeegee for cleaning the barrel, and extra rings and seals.
The paintball gear that we listed above can be used as a basic checklist for beginners as you research the sport and before you begin making any purchases. Playing paintball is great fun, but the costs can run up quickly.
If you don’t have the extra money, start with the basic gear first, then purchase additional options as time goes on. Keep in mind you must be fully protected when playing paintball, so proper clothing and safety gear should be a top priority.