Blood Cancer treatment in India
Blood Cancer (Leukemia) – Treatment Overview
The goal of treatment for Blood Cancer (Leukemia) is to destroy the leukemia cells and allow normal cells to form in your bone marrow. Treatment decisions are based on the type and subtype of leukemia you have, its stage, and your age and general health…
Treatment for acute Blood Cancer (Leukemia)
- Induction : -The goal of this stage is remission. Remission is a period in which the leukemia cells have been destroyed and are replaced with healthy cells. Induction is done with high doses of powerful drugs which may be given over a period of time from about a week to a month, depending on the type of leukemia. Then it takes several weeks for your body to start growing new blood cells. You probably will stay in the hospital during this time. This can take a month or longer…
- Consolidation : -Even when tests show no leukemia cells can be found, there may still be some left. The goal of consolidation is to kill any cells that are left. Consolidation often involves the same drugs given in the induction stage, but the schedule and doses may be different. For example, you may receive the drugs in one or two 5-day cycles spread over 1 to 3 months…
Treatment if acute Blood Cancer (Leukemia) gets worse
- Clinical trials : -People who have Blood Cancer (Leukemia) may enter a research program when they first start treatment or if the leukemia is not getting better.
- Stem cell transplant : -Donated cells from a “matched” donor can rebuild your supply of normal blood cells and your immune system. (A matched donor is usually a family member. But many people have family members whose stem cells are not a close enough match.) Stem cells can be from bone marrow, from the bloodstream, or from umbilical cord blood.
- Drugs : -Sometimes different drugs or different doses than those that were used during your initial chemotherapy can help…
What to think about
When leukemia has been in remission for a long time, the word “cure” is often used. Your doctor may use the term “remission” instead of “cure” when talking about the effectiveness of your treatment. Although many people who have leukemia are successfully treated, the term remission is used because cancer can return (recur). It is important to discuss the possibility of recurrence with your doctor…
Please log on to : www.indiahospitaltour.com
Send your query : http://www.indiahospitaltour.com/get-a-quote.html
We Care Core Values
We have a very simple business model that keeps you as the centre.
Having the industry’s most elaborate and exclusive Patient Care and Clinical Coordination teams stationed at each partner hospital, we provide you the smoothest and seamless care ever imagined. With a ratio of one Patient Care Manager to five patients our patient care standards are unmatched across the sub continent.