There are ways to stay tanned without risking your health-yet many people still expose themselves to potentially damaging UV rays to achieve a healthy glow.
A poll taken by the American Academy of Dermatology found that 61 percent of women under 18 think they are prettier with a tan and half think a tan makes them look healthy. This may help explain a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association that reported skin cancer among females under the age of 40 has tripled in the past 30 years, citing the popularity of tanning as a prominent cause.
Experts from The Skin Cancer Foundation urge people never to seek a UV ray tan. However, for those who desire a tanned look, sunless tanning products, such as the Nuress™ Home Spray Tanning System, is a safe alternative as long as it is used in conjunction with a minimum SPF 15. Experts offer these top 10 reasons why people are turning towards such sunless tanning products:
1. No Harmful Risks-Sunless tanners do not pose the risks associated from UV rays with sunbathing and tanning beds and you get the same great-looking tan.
2. Cost Conscious-You can own your own sunless tanning kit and at-home spray tanning system-usually for about half the cost of tanning in a salon. For instance, the new tanning system from Nuress™ uses the same spray technology as a professional unit and can be used to get a natural-looking tan, free of streaks or orange color. It also comes with solution that can last up to six months or more.
3. Customized Tans-With the new at-home spray tanning system, you can control the shade of your tan. That means it is easy to go from a subtle tan to a “just got back from the beach” look within days.
4. Tan Only Certain Areas-With sunless tanners, you can tan only the areas you want, such as your face and arms, making you look healthier and slimmer.
5. Save Time-There is no need to start working on your tan months in advance. A sunless tan can be applied the day of or the day before you need a fabulous glow.
6. Sunless Tans Are Temporary-Although some sunless tanning systems can last up to 14 days, most only last five to seven days.
7. Safe For More People-Even if you can’t get a natural tan for medical reasons, you can most likely still use sunless tanners. Just check with your doctor first.
8. Sunless Tanners Are Better Than Ever-The use of DHA, the main ingredient in sunless tanners, has been improved over the years.
9. No Tan Lines-Tan lines are almost unavoidable with sunbathing and tanning beds. With sunless tanners, you can apply a tan to your entire body with no worries about embarrassing lines afterwards.
10. No Odor-With tanning beds and lotions, an offensive odor can sometimes linger on your skin for days. However, new systems such as the Nuress™ Home Spray Tanning System solution simply leave a subtle coconut smell.