Some people think that a raw vegan lifestyle is quite expensive. Well, it doesn’t have to be if you just know how to plan your diet creatively and practically. In starting a raw vegan lifestyle, it may seem expensive, but as time goes by, you will realize that it’s not. Just keep the following pointers in mind:
1. If you are a budding raw vegan, you are probably going to try a number of recipes and normally all of the ingredients are not available at your arms reach. This situation could lead to a frequent trip to grocery stores as you fill up your pantry. Once you have a large stock with the needed herbs, seasonings and main ingredients than you can just buy them as the need arises.
2. There is also a great possibility that you find yourself preparing all varieties of foods to make enough sample for your friends so that they will be able to understand and support your way of living, or perhaps just trying to impress them, or even motivate them to try the vegan lifestyle. This is just normal, but you should always remember that the preparations, recipe books, regular parties can increase in your financial bills of going a vegan lifestyle.
3. Vegan foods can be expensive such as goji berries, acai berries, green powders, cacao etc. Most people do not find them important at all. Most vegans can always maintain their prepared diet plans without purchasing these so called “super foods.” It all depends on your food preference at that time of the day. As an example, if you find that it has been a couple of months without a variety in your diet, you can add some variety to make sure you are getting a rounded diet.
Or if you are travelling, you can always take a green powder to add in water or a glass of juice so that you can still get your green food. Just always remember that in general, if you would take a high amount of super foods, they can always add up the cost of your vegan lifestyle.
4. The raw vegan lifestyle is also synonymous to cutting out trips to restaurants in a regular basis. This can always save you money. The vegan lifestyle can cost you a few dollars in the beginning and some price add-ons. However, you should remember that there is probably no need to buy such things over and over again if you find items of high quality. For a little imagination, you can let your loved ones know that you want things that you can help you maintain a vegan lifestyle for presents during your birthday, holidays, or anniversaries.
5. Take note of the things that you don’t need to buy, which can always save you money. If red meat is expensive, then vitamin supplements are far more expensive but most of them are not a necessity for our bodies. Like some processed and packaged foods that are expensive. Also medications are expensive and being sick and paying hospital bills are also expensive.
If you are also sick, you will not be able to go to work and you cannot pay your bills and you cannot do your usual daily activities such as tending to your child’s needs.