Warts are nothing but the extra elevations on the skin. Warts will appear more frequently on the fingers, elbows, knees, face, scalp, vagina and penis. Warts appearing on the soles of the feet are called plantar Warts. They are very painful and the person will not be able to walk properly. The main cause of Warts is virus infection of skin. All Warts are not painful but due to cosmetic reason people wants to get rid of them.
A wart is a small, rough growth resembling a cauliflower or a solid blister. It typically occurs on humans’ hands or feet but often in other locations. Warts are caused by a viral infection, specifically by one of the many types of human papillomavirus (HPV). There are as many as 10 varieties of warts, the most common considered to be mostly harmless. It is possible to get warts from others; they are contagious and usually enter the body in an area of broken skin.
Warts are caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). There are about 130 known types of human papilloma viruses. HPV infects the squamous epithelium, usually of the skin or genitals, but each HPV type is typically only able to infect a few specific areas on the body. Many HPV types can produce a benign growth, often called a “wart” or “papilloma”, in the area they infect.
The virus is relatively hardy and immune to many common disinfectants. Exposure to 90% ethanol for at least 1 minute, 2% glutaraldehyde, 30% Savlon, and/or 1% sodium hypochlorite can disinfect the pathogen.
The virus is resistant to drying and heat, but killed by 100 °C (212 °F) and ultraviolet radiation.
Study in Index
Causes of Warts
Warts occur when the virus comes in contact with your skin and causes an infection. Warts are more likely to develop on broken skin, such as picked hangnails or areas nicked by shaving, because the virus is able to enter the top layer of skin through scratches or cuts.
While dermatologists still don’t know why, certain people are more likely to get warts than others. Additionally, children get warts much more often than adults, because their immune systems have not yet built up their defenses against the numerous types of human papillomavirus that exist.
Types of Warts
1. Common wart (Verruca vulgaris), a raised wart with roughened surface, most common on hands, but can grow anywhere on the body.
2. Flat wart (Verruca plana), a small, smooth flattened wart, flesh-coloured, which can occur in large numbers; most common on the face, neck, hands, wrists and knees.
3. Filiform or digitate wart, a thread- or finger-like wart, most common on the face, especially near the eyelids and lips.
4. Genital wart (venereal wart, Condyloma acuminatum, Verruca acuminata), a wart that occurs on the genitalia.
5. Mosaic wart, a group of tightly clustered plantar-type warts, commonly on the hands or soles of the feet.
6. Periungual wart, a cauliflower-like cluster of warts that occurs around the nails.
7. Plantar wart (verruca, Verruca plantaris), a hard sometimes painful lump, often with multiple black specks in the center; usually only found on pressure points on the soles of the feet.
Warts : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
Some of the home remedies are:
1. Apply Castor oil (Erand) over the affected parts or Warts every night. The treatment should be continued for several months to get rid of Warts.
2. Cashew nut oil is useful in removing Warts. As it is a strong irritant to the skin, it should be applied externally over the affected areas.
3. Onions are irritating to the skin and stimulate the circulation of the blood. Warts sometimes disappear when rubbed with cut onions for few days.
4. Raw potatoes are useful for treating Warts. They should be cut and rubbed on the affected area several times daily, for at least two weeks.
5. Milky juice of a fresh Fig (Anjeer) applied on the Warts for two weeks helps to get rid of them. Intake of milk also helps along with application.
6. Raw Papaya (Papita) juice or Pineapple juice applied on the Warts helps to get rid of them.
7. Applying Lemon juice on the Warts also helps to get rid of them. Covering the Wart with a cotton dipped in Lemon juice continuously for some days, helps in smoothing and getting rid of Warts.
8. Mix baking soda with Castor oil and rub it on the Wart and cover it with a bandage. Repeat this every day. In a week or two, the Wart will swell and turn red. Keep repeating the application of the mixture till the Wart fall off.
9. Applying Sour tasted Apple juice on Warts for some days helps to get rid of Warts from the root itself.
10. Take a thin slice of fresh Garlic, large enough to cover the wart. Place it directly on wart and hold it with a plastic bandage. Remove bandage and garlic next day after bathing. A little blister will appear. Allow blister to be subside and dry away. Wart will fall in two weeks.
11. Eating raw Cabbage (Patta gobi) regularly for some days helps to get rid of Warts.
12. Applying Coriander paste (Dhania) on the Warts helps to get rid of them.
13. Rubbing a fresh Aloe Vera (Gwar Patha) leaf on the Warts for few days, helps to get rid of them.
14. Tea Tree Oil, place a small dab of either of this “antiviral” herb on the wart two-three times a day until the wart is gone. If irritation occurs, dilute the oil or extract with distilled water or vegetable oil.
15. Rubbing warts with a piece of cut potato or the inside of a banana are two popular remedies. It’s unclear if it’s the food or the immune boosting “belief” that works.
Other Treatments of Warts
Duct Tape to Cure Warts
Adhesive tape may ward off warts. It’s cheap and doesn’t leave scars. A study of 61 kids found duct tape (which they renamed “Special magic Wart Tape”) may be more effective than liquid nitrogen. One group covered the wart for 6 days, removed the tape, soaked the wart in water, rubbed it with a pumice stone, and reapplied new tape. After two months, 85 percent of the kids who used duct tape saw their warts disappear compared to 60 percent of the nitrogen group. Some have suggested that any adhesive tape will do.
A healthy immune system is the best defense against warts (along with managing stress and practicing good hygiene, like handwashing or avoiding going barefoot in public places). Eat plenty of nourishing fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains to help boost immunity. Zinc supplements show some promise. In a double-blind study, warts disappeared in 87 percent of people supplemented with 135 mg/day of oral zinc sulfate for two months, whereas none who received a placebo improved. Caution: Andrew Weil mD advises against the high doses used in this study, recommending instead a moderate dose of 30 mg zinc picolinate (which is an easily absorbance form).
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world’s oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It’s based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world’s first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.
|Pitta/Pitt (Body Heat) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Ascariasis Worms (Intestinal Parasites) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Warts : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cuts on a Tongue: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Scorpion Bites (Stings) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Wounds : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Flatulence (Fart Gas) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Cheilitis (Chapped Lips) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Poisonous Bites (insect stings) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|