Cold has numerous physiological and pathological effects on the human body, as well as on other organisms. Cold environments may promote certain psychological traits, as well as having direct effects on the ability to move. Coordination is one of the first abilities to be affected.
Extreme cold temperatures may lead to frostbite as well as hypothermia, which in turn may result in death.
Cold can be due to many reasons like allergies, Cold weather, nasal problems, sudden change in temperature, Drinking water or facing air conditioner as soon as coming from hot sun, rain wetting, pollution, etc.
Sneeze Cold and Running Nose Treatment
Causes of a runny nose include:
1. Acute sinusitis (sinus infection).
3. Chronic sinusitis.
4. Churg-Strauss syndrome.
5. Common cold.
6. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
7. Decongestant nasal spray overuse.
8. Deviated septum.
Causes of sneezing and cold:
9. Air Pollutants.
10. Cold Air.
11. Drug Withdrawal.
13. Exposure to Bright Light.
14. Spicy Foods.
15. Strong Emotions.
16. Viral Infection.
Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies on Cold/Running Nose
1. Vitamin C deficiency can often cause Cold problems. So go for rich natural source of vitamin C like Oranges, Gooseberries (Amla), Sweet lime (Mosambi), Grapes, Guava (Amrud) etc.
2. Eating hot Gram flour halva helps in controlling running nose instantly and effectively. (Roast Gram flour with Ghee (Besan) till it changes to light brown color, Then add water and Sugar and cook for few minutes).
3. Eating a small piece of Onion (Pea size) or sucking a piece of Clove (Laung) helps to get instant relief from cold or running nose.
4. Ragi mixed with Turmeric powder sprinkled on the burning coal and the fumes inhaled cures nose blockage or cold very fast.
5. Turmeric powder sprinkled on the burning coal and the fumes inhaled (but after that don’t drink water for 5 hours) cures nose blockage, cold very fast.
6. Boiling Long pepper (Pipple) in the Milk with Sugar candy (Mishri) and drinking this milk helps in curing running nose or cold.
7. Eating a Apple everyday before meals cures and prevents running nose or cold .
8. Dry Ginger powder (Saunth) mixed with old Jaggery (Gur) taken twice a day helps to cure running nose or cold.
9. Milk boiled with Ginger, Black pepper (Kali mirch), Basil (Tulsi) leaves, Cloves (Laung), Red Sugar candy (Mishri) or Jaggery is very useful in curing Cold. This should be taken hot before going to bed, and cover the body to preserve body heat, for few days.
10. Few drops of Fresh Neem leaves juice put in the nostrils cures running nose or cold easily.
11. Taking Steam with Eucalyptus oil drops helps in curing cold or nose blockage.
12. Rubbing the whole body using Salt while taking bath helps to cure cold or running nose.
13. Eating Sesame seeds (Til) roasted with ghee and mixed with Jaggery helps in curing running nose during winter.
14. Black pepper powder, Ginger juice and Basil juice mixed with Honey taken thrice a day cures running nose or cold.
15. Making Tea with few Mint (Pudina) leaves or with Ginger or with Basil leaves and drinking cures running nose or cold.
16. Figs (Anjeer) boiled in water and this hot water taken twice a day cures cold or running nose.
17. Taking Garlic in any form helps in curing running nose, sneeze or cold.
18. Betel leaf with a Clove can be taken to cure running nose or cold.
19. Aniseeds (Sauf) and Cloves boiled in water for 10 minutes added Sugar and filtered. Drinking this hot decoction helps to cure cold or running nose.
20. Eating half spoon of Turmeric powder and drinking hot water for few days helps to overcome running nose or cold.
21. Drinking hot water with Lemon juice and Honey in the night helps to overcome running nose or cold.
22. Smelling Asafetida (Hing) helps to reduce cold or running nose.
23. Tamarind (Imli) leaves boiled in water for few minutes and filtered. Taking this decoction also cures cold or running nose.
24. Make a slit in one Onion and fill Turmeric powder in the slit. Roast this Onion on a burning coal and eat before going to bed. Avoid drinking water whole night which helps in curing cold or running nose.
25. Applying Castor oil (Erand ka teil) on the centre of the head helps in curing running nose due to excessive heat in the body.
26. Drinking Tender coconut water in the day time helps in curing running nose due to excessive heat in the body.
27. Drinking a spoon of Betel leaves (Pan) juice helps to cure cold or running nose especially in children .
28. Drinking a spoon of Carrom Leaf (Ajwain) juice mixed with Honey helps to cure cold or running nose especially in children .
29. Nut Meg (Joy phal) paste with honey taken helps to cure cold or running nose especially in children .
30. Adding few drops of Doctors brandy in hot milk and given to children helps in curing cold or running nose.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.