Natural ayurvedic remedies help in treating obesity. Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems. In Western countries, people are considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person’s weight by the square of the person’s height, exceeds 30 kg/m2, with the range 25-30 kg/m2 defined as overweight. Some East Asian countries use stricter criteria.
Obesity increases the likelihood of various diseases, particularly heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, and osteoarthritis. Obesity is most commonly caused by a combination of excessive food energy intake, lack of physical activity, and genetic susceptibility, although a few cases are caused primarily by genes, endocrine disorders, medications, or psychiatric illness. Evidence to support the view that some obese people eat little yet gain weight due to a slow metabolism is limited. On average, obese people have a greater energy expenditure than their thin counterparts due to the energy required to maintain an increased body mass.
Dieting and exercising are the main treatments for obesity. Diet quality can be improved by reducing the consumption of energy-dense foods, such as those high in fat and sugars, and by increasing the intake of dietary fiber. With a suitable diet, anti-obesity drugs may be taken to reduce appetite or decrease fat absorption. If diet, exercise, and medication are not effective, a gastric balloon may assist with weight loss, or surgery may be performed to reduce stomach volume and/or bowel length, leading to feeling full earlier and a reduced ability to absorb nutrients from food.
Obesity is a leading preventable cause of death worldwide, with increasing rates in adults and children. Authorities view it as one of the most serious public health problems of the 21st century. Obesity is stigmatized in much of the modern world (particularly in the Western world), though it was widely seen as a symbol of wealth and fertility at other times in history and still is in some parts of the world. In 2013, the American Medical Association classified obesity as a disease.
Obesity is nothing but deposition of extra fats which later may leads to many health problem like heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes etc. Over weight makes extra pressure on the heart, kidney and other vital organs and their functioning, ultimately affecting the life span.Causes of Obesity are improper metabolism, overeating, lack of physical activity, improper digestive system, hereditary problems, eating fried and junk foods, sleeping in excess, menstrual problems, thyroid problem etc.
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health. It is defined by body mass index (BMI) and further evaluated in terms of fat distribution via the waist–hip ratio and total cardiovascular risk factors. BMI is closely related to both percentage body fat and total body fat.
In children, a healthy weight varies with age and sex. Obesity in children and adolescents is defined not as an absolute number but in relation to a historical normal group, such that obesity is a BMI greater than the 95th percentile.
Excessive body weight is associated with various diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases, diabetes mellitus type 2, obstructive sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, osteoarthritis and asthma. As a result, obesity has been found to reduce life expectancy.
Treatment for Overweight and Obesity include:
1. Healthy eating plan and regular physical activity.
2. Changing your habits.
3. Weight-management programs.
4. Weight-loss medicines.
5. Weight-loss devices.
6. Bariatric surgery.
7. Special diets.
Obesity Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
Symptoms of Obesity
Obesity is diagnosed when your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. Your body mass index is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in meters (m) squared.
|30.0-34.9||Obese (Class I)|
|35.0-39.9||Obese (Class II)|
|40.0 and higher||Extreme obesity (Class III)|
For most people, BMI provides a reasonable estimate of body fat. However, BMI doesn’t directly measure body fat, so some people, such as muscular athletes, may have a BMI in the obese category even though they don’t have excess body fat. Ask your doctor if your BMI is a problem.
Obesity can sometimes be traced to a medical cause, such as Prader-Willi syndrome, Cushing’s syndrome, and other diseases and conditions.
Causes of Obesity
The principal causes of obesity are:
- Inactivity. If you’re not very active, you don’t burn as many calories. With a sedentary lifestyle, you can easily take in more calories every day than you use through exercise and normal daily activities.
- Unhealthy diet and eating habits. Weight gain is inevitable if you regularly eat more calories than you burn. And most Americans’ diets are too high in calories and are full of fast food and high-calorie beverages.
Obesity : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Avoid fried items, sweets, chocolates, ice creams, ghee, oil etc. Eat healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, sprouts etc to avoid Obesity.
2. Doing regular exercise like long walk in the morning and evening, yoga and other physical exercise will reduce extra accumulated fat thereby reducing Obesity.
3. Drinking a glass of hot water with a spoon of Lemon juice and a spoon of Honey in the morning is a good remedy for fighting Obesity .
4. Bitter gourd juice (Karela) taken in the morning can do wonders in case of Obesity by reducing excess fat considerably.
5. Eating raw Tomatoes and Onion with a pinch of Salt everyday helps to remove extra fat and reduce Obesity.
6. Eating ten raw Sweet neem (Curry patta) leaves everyday, reduces fat and Obesity.
7. Eating Radish (Muli) daily, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
8. Substitute Rice and wheat with Ragi, which helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
9. Chewing Garlic everyday in the empty stomach with a spoon of Honey, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
10. Massaging the body at least once in a week, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
11. Fasting or taking only fruit diet one day in a week also helps to reduce Obesity.
12. Drinking Ash gourd (Petha) juice regularly, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
13. Eating Triphala powder (Triphala is composed of Harad (Haritaki), Indian gooseberries (Amla) and Behada (Bibhitaki)) every night before going to bed, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
14. Taking Steam bath once in a week, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
15. Drinking a spoon of Cow urine everyday morning, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
16. Eating Drumstick (Muranka Bhaji) or Drumstick leaves regularly in meals, helps to reduces fat and Obesity.
17. Banana grinded in Milk and mixed with a spoon of Banana flower Juice. Taking this for 80 days will definitely reduce weight and cures Obesity.
18. Eating Cucumber (Kheera) daily helps to reduces weight and Obesity.
19. Dinking Buttermilk (Chach) everyday helps to reduce weight and Obesity.
20. Eating raw Cabbage (Patta gobi) everyday helps to reduce weight considerably and Obesity.
21. Drinking Spinach (Palak) juice with Lemon juice regularly helps to reduce weight and Obesity.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world’s oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It’s based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world’s first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.
|Piles (haemorrhoids,fistula) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Stammering (Stuttering): Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) : Ayurvedic Natural Home remedies|
|Bad Body Odour : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Chickenpox: Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Pyorrhoea (Periodontitis) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Insomnia (Sleeping Disorder) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Vomiting : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Mouth ulcer : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|
|Increase Resistance Power (Immune) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies|