What is a fart (flatulence)? Should you worry? Passing gas, especially very smelly gas, can be an embarrassing problem. Simple ways can resolve it.
Flatulence is defined in the medical literature as “flatus expelled through the anus” or the “quality or state of being flatulent”, which is defined in turn as “marked by or affected with gases generated in the intestine or stomach; likely to cause digestive flatulence”.
It is normal for humans to pass flatus through the rectum, although the volume and frequency may vary greatly between individuals. It is also normal for intestinal gas passed through the rectum to have a characteristic feculent smell, although this too may vary in concentration. Flatus is brought to the rectum by specialised contractions of the muscles in the intestines and colon. The noises commonly associated with flatulence (“Blowing a raspberry”) are caused by the vibration of anal sphincters, and occasionally by the closed buttocks.
There are five general symptoms related to intestinal gas: pain, bloating and abdominal distension, excessive flatus volume, excessive flatus smell and gas incontinence.
Flatulence-producing foods are typically high in certain polysaccharides, (especially oligosaccharides such as inulin). Those foods include beans, lentils, dairy products, onions, garlic, spring onions, leeks, turnips, swedes, radishes, sweet potatoes, potatoes, cashews, Jerusalem artichokes, oats, wheat, and yeast in breads. Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables that belong to the genus Brassica are commonly reputed to not only increase flatulence, but to increase the pungency of the flatus.
In the case of people who have lactose intolerance, intestinal bacteria feeding on lactose can give rise to excessive gas production when milk or lactose-containing substances have been consumed.
Avoid gas forming eatables like Capsicum (Shimla mirch), Maida, fried items, Pigeon pea (Arhar dal), Black gram (Urad) etc. and also avoid heavy foods which are difficult to digest.
Flatulence (Fart Gas) Treatment
Causes of Flatulence (Fart Gas)
Excessive Flatulence (Fart Gas) causes and complications:
3. Food intolerances, such as lactose intolerance
4. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
5. Crohn’s disease
6. Celiac disease
8. Eating disorders
Symptoms of Flatulence (Fart Gas)
The most common symptoms include:
1. Passing wind often
2. Smelly flatus
3. Loud flatus
4. Abdominal distension and discomfort
5. Rumblings in the lower abdomen
6. Abdominal pain, cramping or bloating that is typically relieved or partially relieved by passing a bowel movement
7. Excess gas
8. Diarrhea or constipation — sometimes alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation
9. Mucus in the stool
Flatulence (Fart Gas) : Ayurvedic Natural Home Remedies
1. Eating Carrom (Ajwain) seeds and Black salt with hot water gives immediate relief from gas or flatulence.
2. Eating a piece of Jaggery (Gur) after every meals helps to get relief from gas or flatulence.
3. Eating Orange in the morning cleans the intestine thereby reducing gas formation or eating Orange with Black salt gives instant relief from gas or flatulence.
4. Eating Radish (Muli) with Salt and Back pepper (Kali mirch) helps to overcome gas or flatulence. But remember Radish digests everything but it cannot digest itself so after eating Radish eat a piece of jaggery or eat Radish leaves.
5. Drinking Mint (Pudina) juice helps to get instant relief from gas or flatulence.
6. Eating Turmeric and Salt with water also gives instant relief from gas or flatulence.
7. Guava (Amrud) taken with Salt everyday morning helps to overcome gas or flatulence problem.
8. Sprouted Fenu greek (Menthi) seeds or Fenu greek seeds taken with salted Buttermilk (Chach) helps to get relief from gas or flatulence.
9. Chewing a piece of Ginger before meals improves digestion and helps in reducing gas formation.
10. Using Asafoetida (Hing), Fenu greek (Menthi) seeds, Cumin seeds (Jeera), Carrom seeds (Ajwain), Garlic, Ginger regularly in cooking helps to overcome gas or flatulence problem.
11. Drinking Bitter gourd juice (Karela) helps to overcome gas, flatulence problem.
12. Boil 5-6 Cloves (Laung) in water. Drink this after cooling which helps to overcome gas or flatulence.
13. Asafoetida (Hing) paste applied on the naval gives instant relief from gas or flatulence.
14. Taking Roasted Cumin (Jeera) powder with Honey after meals helps to reduce gas or flatulence problem.
15. Lemon juice and Black pepper (Kali mirch) powder taken with Hot water helps to overcome gas or flatulence.
16. Boil Ginger piece or Long pepper (Pipple) or Black pepper (Kali mirch) powder or Cumin seeds (Jeera) in Milk helps to overcome gas or flatulence problem due to plain milk.
17. Drinking Cabbage (Patta gobi) juice or Carrot juice helps to overcome gas or flatulence.
18. Sitting 5 mins in a upright posture (Vajrasan) after every meals gives instant and permanent relief from gas or flatulence.
19. Raw Garlic taken regularly or using Garlic in cooking helps to overcome gas problem.
Amazing Benefits of Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Ayurvedic health treatment is the world’s oldest holistic healing system.
It was developed more than 12000 years ago in India.
It’s based on the simple belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
It believes in the principle of free treatment using herbs, roots and leaves of nature. You can also call it world’s first open source medical system.
Read some of the health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.