Asthma is a common inflammatory disease of the airways characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. Common symptoms include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath.
Asthma is thought to be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Its diagnosis is usually based on the pattern of symptoms, response to therapy over time and spirometry. It is clinically classified according to the frequency of symptoms, forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1), and peak expiratory flow rate.
Asthma may also be classified as atopic (extrinsic) or non-atopic (intrinsic) where atopy refers to a predisposition toward developing type 1 hypersensitivity reactions.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease which causes difficulty in breathing with inflammations in the breathing passage or air ways. Asthma is mainly caused due to allergies.
Asthma is characterized by recurrent episodes of wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and coughing. Sputum may be produced from the lung by coughing but is often hard to bring up. During recovery from an attack, it may appear pus-like due to high levels of white blood cells called eosinophils. Symptoms are usually worse at night and in the early morning or in response to exercise or cold air. Some people with asthma rarely experience symptoms, usually in response to triggers, whereas others may have marked and persistent symptoms.
Asthma Prevention Tips
1. Keep your stomach clean without constipation problem.
2. Go for walking in a healthy weather, avoid smoke, powerful smells, polluted atmosphere
3. Eat light foods. Don’t go for Heavy foods, dinner should not be late and heavy. Avoid cold.
4. Don’t eat chilled foods, fast foods, chocolates, artificial colored foods, groundnuts, bananas, water melons.
5. Doing Yoga and pranayama is definitely helpful and a permanent cure for asthma.
Ayurveda Remedies on Asthma
Some home remedies have given which can help in reducing or curing Asthma.
1. Vitamin E is essential for Asthma patients so go for Sprouted wheat, Soya been, coconut, tomato, grapes, dry fruits etc.
2. Calcium is also essential for Asthma patients, take Milk, Spinach (Palak), Amaranth (Cholayi), Carrot, Gooseberry (Amla), Paneer, Arrow root (Paniphal or Singhada) etc.
3. Two Figs (Anjeer) dipped overnight and taken in the morning for few days helps to cure Asthma.
4. Fenu greek (Menthi) and Carrom seeds (Ajwain) boiled in water filtered and this decoction mixed with Honey taken thrice a day regularly cures Asthma.
5. In one Betel leaf (Pan) put 5 Basil (Tulsi) leaves, one Clove, pinch of Camphor (Kapoor) and fold it. Eat this everyday to cure Asthma.
6. Dry Dates (Chuhara) and Dates (Khajur) both gives strength to lungs which is beneficial for curing Asthma.
7. In one cup of hot water mix one spoon of Lemon juice, two spoons of Honey and a spoon of Ginger juice. Drinking this daily helps to cure Asthma.
8. Garlic juice mixed with Honey or Garlic juice with hot water can be taken everyday which is very good for Asthma patients.
9. One Ounce of Brahmi (Gotu kola) juice taken in the morning for 21 days cures Asthma.
10. Eating Turmeric powder with hot water is a good remedy for curing Asthma.
11. Four Long pepper (Pipple) boiled with a glass of Milk, filtered added Jaggery or Sugar and taking this milk everyday helps in curing Asthma.
12. Wheat grass juice taken everyday is a very good remedy to cure Asthma.
13. Bitter gourd (Karela) is also good for Asthma patients.
14. Drinking Sweet lime (Mosambi) juice with hot water, Cumin (Jeera ) powder and dry Ginger powder (Saunth) helps in curing Asthma.
15. Half gram of Alum (Phitkari) with a spoon of Honey taken helps in Asthma.
16. Drinking a spoon of Mint (Pudina) juice with water everyday helps to cure Asthma.
17. Ginger, Long pepper (Pipple) , Black pepper (Kali mirch) in equal quantities powdered and one spoon of this powder taken with Honey everyday cures Asthma.
18. Drinking Honey with hot water thrice a day helps to reduce Asthma.
19. Bael juice with a spoon of Long pepper (Pipple) powder and Honey taken thrice a week cures Asthma.
20. One cup of Cow milk or goat Milk mixed with a spoon of Turmeric powder, Black pepper powder and Sugar taken everyday helps to cure Asthma.
21. Bael leaves boiled in water, filtered and this filtered water taken hot, helps to reduce Asthma.
22. Taking half spoon of Black pepper powder mixed with a spoon of Honey helps in reducing Asthma.
23. Banana leaf burnt and its ash mixed with Honey taken also cures Asthma.
24. Massaging the chest with Mustard (Sarson) oil mixed with Rock helps to get relief from Asthma.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.