Anemia or anaemia is usually defined as a decrease in the amount of red blood cells (RBCs) or hemoglobin in the blood. It can also be defined as a lowered ability of the blood to carry oxygen.
When anemia comes on slowly the symptoms are often vague and may include: feeling tired, weakness, shortness of breath or a poor ability to exercise. Anemia that comes on quickly often has greater symptoms which may include: confusion, feeling like one is going to pass out, and increased thirst. Anemia must be significant before a person becomes noticeably pale.
To summarize, anemia is nothing but decrease in the concentration of red blood cells in the blood or reduced hemoglobin.Causes of Anemia may be surgery, worm infection, Deficiency of iron, folic acid, pregnancy, menstruation problems, lack of nutrition, hernia, piles etc. Symptoms of Anemia are weakness, pale face, pale lips and eyes, dizziness, fatigue, constipation etc.
Anemia Treatment (Anaemia Cure)
There are three main types of anemia: that due to blood loss, that due to decreased red blood cell production, and that due to increased red blood cell breakdown. Causes of blood loss include trauma and gastrointestinal bleeding, among others.
Based on deficiency, some major types of anemia include:
1. Iron deficiency anemia. Vitamin deficiency anemia
2. Anemia of inflammation
3. Aplastic anemia
4. Anemias associated with bone marrow disease
5. Hemolytic anemias
6. Sickle cell anemia.
Causes of Anemia
Medical Conditions that may lead to anemia include:
1. Heavy periods
4. Colon polyps or colon cancer
5. Inherited disorders
6. A diet that does not have enough iron, folic acid or vitamin B12
7. Blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia and thalassemia, or cancer
8. Aplastic anemia, a condition that can be inherited or acquired
9. G6PD deficiency, a metabolic disorder
Foods, Fruits and Vegetable for Anemia (Anaemia)
Ayurveda Remedies on Anemia
Some of the home remedies for Anemia are as below.
1. Eat lot of green vegetables especially leafy vegetables like Spinach (Palak), Fenugreek (Menthi), Carrot, Amaranth (red Cholayi) and , Beetroot which are rich in folic acid. Go for citrus fruits like Orange, Sweet lime (Mosambi) which are rich in vitamin C.
2. Honey is a excellent medicine to cure Anemia. Eating a spoon of Honey or taking Honey with Milk twice a day will increase hemoglobin level as well as purify the blood.
3. Dates (Khajur) or Dry Dates (Chuhara) are very helpful in increasing blood level and curing Anemia.
4. Eating Almonds (Badam) everyday also helps to increase blood level and curing Anemia.
5. As Jaggery (Gur) is a good source of iron consume it more instead of sugar which definitely cures Anemia.
6. Eating a Gooseberry (Amla) everyday also helps in improving in blood level and curing Anemia as it is a good source of vitamin C. Also taking 3 spoons of Gooseberry juice with 3 spoons of pure Ghee for 21 days will definitely cures Anemia.
7. Taking Beet root juice or raw Beet root is a excellent medicine for curing Anemia.
8. Spinach (Palak) juice or Tomato juice taken everyday also helps in improving blood level and curing Anemia.
9. Drinking Lemon water with Honey everyday also helps in improving blood level and curing Anemia.
10. Eating a raw Onion or drinking raw Onion juice everyday helps to cure Anemia.
11. Taking 5 milliliter of Ginger juice with old Jaggery (Gur) everyday morning helps to cure Anemia.
12. Pure cows Buttermilk mixed with Sugar Candy ( Mishri ) taken 3-4 times a day helps to cure Anemia problem.
13. 250 milliliters of cow Milk mixed with 10 gram of pure Ghee, 10 gram of Sugar, 5 gram of Honey, a pinch of Long pepper (Pipple) and a pinch of Black pepper (Kali mirch) taken everyday for 2-3 weeks will definitely cure Anemia.
14. Amrita (Giloy or Tinospora) stem chopped taken 20 gram, Black pepper 10 gram, Garlic 5 gram grinded together and taken around 3 gram with milk everyday morning cures Anemia.
15. Drinking Buttermilk (Chach) made from goats milk for some days also helps to cure Anemia.
16. Drinking Apple juice everyday or eating a Apple (which is a natural source of iron) everyday helps in curing Anemia.
17. Drinking Falsa (Grewiab subinaequalis) juice or eating Falsa fruit is also a good remedy for curing Anemia.
18. Eating Pomegranate (Anar) regularly helps to increase blood level and cures Anemia.
19. Soya been ,Ragi are also said to be very good for Anemia patients if taken in any form.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.