Your pimples are treatable. It needs some time and patience from your side.
Pimples (type of acne) is a long-term skin condition characterized by areas of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, greasy skin, and possibly scarring. The resulting appearance may lead to anxiety, reduced self-esteem, and in extreme cases, depression or thoughts of suicide.
What’s the Difference Between Acne and Pimples?
The difference between acne and pimples is not much, pimples are sub-set of acne, in simplified explanation, acne is a disease and pimples are one of its symptoms. Acne is a condition affecting the skin’s hair follicles and oil glands. Under your skin, your pores are connected to glands that make an oily substance known as sebum.
Acne is a skin problem which mainly happens in teenage. The pimples formed due to acne can leave marks later. Though pimples are normal in that age it can increase because of so many factors like improper diet, hormonal imbalance, smoking, alcohol, mental tension, uncleanness, constipation, less water intake etc.
Practicing good hygiene, including regularly washing skin areas with neutral cleansers, can reduce the amount of dead skin cells and other external contaminants on the skin that can contribute to the development of pimples. However, it is not always possible to completely prevent pimples, even with good hygiene practices.
Acne and pimples is one of a teenagers worst nightmares, affecting more than 85% of the teenage population. Acne can be disfiguring, but its main effects are psychological which leads to low self-esteem. Pimples are easily visible, even if a girl or a boy is beautiful and handsome, onlookers first sight fall on the infected pimples, diluting the attraction appeal of the infected person.
Treatment of pimples is very important.
Medical Conditions of Pimples Infection
Pimples tends to run in families where other members also have developed pimples. Family history of pimples is associated with earlier occurrence of pimples.
Use of Anabolic Steroids Pimples
Steroids affect the process of pubertal growth and sebaceous glands. Sebaceous glands are connected to hair follicles which secrete an oily substance called sebum. When this process is altered (by steroids) these glands and pores get clogged up, resulting in pimples.
Pimples may be hastened by androgens, male hormones that are present in both women and men. These androgen hormones have long been faulted for pimples. They stimulate the sebaceous glands, producing more oil, which leads to clogged pores and provides a breeding ground for the pimples bacteria.
Bacteria in the Pores Pimples
Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) is the anaerobic bacterium that causes pimples. When the sebaceous glands start to over produce oil, the p. acnes invades the hair follicles and starts to multiply by feeding themselves of the oil using enzymes. Pimples bacteria then produces fatty acids that inflame the skin. Red and white blood cells start to defend the body of this inflammation often causing an inflammatory response, that results in pimples, whiteheads, zits, swelling and pus.
Pimples due to Chemicals
Exposure to dioxins not only causes pimples-like pimples, but are among the most dangerous poisons known.
Pimples due to accumulation of dead skin cells
Pimples begins when the oil (sebum) mixes with dead skin cells. This combination plugs up the skin’s pores and becomes infected with bacteria that oozes into nearby tissues, resulting in swelling, nodules, pimples or whiteheads.
Pimples due to Stress
Stress doesn’t cause pimples, but stress often makes it worse.
The first signs of pimples should be treated as soon as possible. The earlier the treatment the better chance of getting rid of it before possible scarring. There are a variety of OTC products and treatments for pimples. You may have to try different ones to see which works best on your pimples. Ayurvedic home remedies are mostly preferred due to minimal side-effect and long term results.
Common Causes of Pimples
1. Touching your face a lot is one cause of pimples.
When you touch your face with oily or dirty hands, you irritate your face. This can cause your face to breakout. Also, scratching your pimples could cause them to spread. So, make sure you don’t scratch them.
Avoid eating foods that contain a lot of sugar, saturated fats, and vegetable oils. An example of the foods you should avoid are chips, cookies, chocolates, cakes, fast food burgers and fries, and other junk foods.
These foods will cause your insulin to spike and cause a hormonal imbalance. That’s why you breakout from eating those foods.
3. Oily skin is another cause of pimples.
Having oily skin will cause your pores to clog. Be sure to wash your face a couple times a day. You should use sorbitol or glycerin soaps. A good example of this soap is neutrogena. If you have dry skin, try drinking plenty of water.
These are some causes of pimples. If you have pimples, you can definitely use simple home remedies to treat pimples and make your face glow. If you avoid getting rid of your pimples, they will only get worse. Your pimples could spread over your entire body, including your chest, back, and butt due to infection.
Prevention of Pimples (Acne)
1. Drink at least 2-3 litres of water a day and specially 1 to 1.5 litres empty stomach in the morning.
2. Keep the stomach clean, avoid constipation problem and have fibrous, fruits and raw vegetables.
3. Keep washing face frequently and don’t go for soaps, cosmetics which increases Acne problem.
4. Avoid spicy foods, oily and fried items, chocolates, coffee, tea, smoking, alcohol etc
5. Avoid tensions and have a good sleep.
7. Know your skin type. Anyone can get pimples, no matter their skin type, its better to use food and cream that is suitable to your skin type.
8. Moisturize skin.
9. Use over-the-counter acne treatments.
10. Stay hydrated with juice.
11. Limit makeup.
12. Don’t touch your face.
13. Limit sun exposure.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Acne and Acne scars
1. Sandalwood paste applied on the face helps to overcome Pimples and remove its scars.
2. Cucumber (Kheera) juice mixed with Lemon juice applied on the pimples helps to get relief from Pimples and Pimples scars.
3. Mint (Pudina) juice applied on the face also helps to get relief from Pimples and Pimples scars.
4. Water boiled with Neem leaves used for taking steam helps in reducing Pimples and Pimples scars.
5. Gram flour (Besan) mixed with Buttermilk applied on the face reduces Pimples and Pimples scars.
6. Raw Papaya (Papita) paste applied on the face helps to cure Pimples.
7. Nutmeg (Joy phal) grinded with Milk applied on the face helps a lot in reducing Pimples and Pimples scars.
8. Powdered Dry Orange skin applied as a paste or Orange skin rubbed on the face helps to remove Pimples scars.
9. Water boiled with Neem leaves used for washing face removes extra oil from the face and reduces pimple or Pimples.
10. Tomato rubbed on the face or Tomato juice applied on the face helps to remove Pimples scars.
11. Aloe Vera (Gwar Patha) is a best medicine for pimples or Pimples. Aloe Vera leaf rubbed on the face removes Pimples and Pimples scars.
12. Carrom seeds (Ajwain) grinded with Curd applied on the face also helps to get rid of Pimples or pimples.
13. Fenugreek (Menthi) paste also helps in getting rid of Pimples and its scars.
14. Basil leaves (Tulsi) rubbed on the face helps to remove Pimples scars.
15. Lemon juice applied on the pimples also helps to remove Pimples and its scars.
16. Washing face with Tender coconut water is a good remedy to overcome Pimples scars.
17. Coriander (Dhania) juice mixed with Lemon juice applied on the face also removes Acne (pimples) and its scars.
Foods to Avoid Pimples Infection
Foods to Eat for Pimples Treatment
Ayurvedic Home Remedies Health Guides
What is Ayurvedic medicine, and what are other benefits of homemade Ayurvedic medicine? Learn that and more in this Ayurvedic home remedy guides given below.
Read some of the highly recommended health guides on Ayurvedic home remedies and share them with your friends and family. Implement them in real life and stay disease free.