Of all the aromatherapy products available in the market today, aromatherapy candles are the most popular ones. Available in hundreds of scents, sizes, designs, shapes, colors, and textures, aromatherapy candles are preferred by most people because they are convenient and safer to use.
In fact, by using aromatherapy candles, an ordinary room can turn into a more cozy and inviting place where one can relax. Aside from turning an ordinary setting to an extraordinary one, scented candles can also evoke various memories from the past while transporting you into a place where you can fiend serenity and tranquility.
Unlike the usual candles, aromatherapy candles are known to release small but continuous stream of herbal and floral essences as they burn into the air. As the natural chemicals and essential oils contained in each candle enter your body through breathing, the therapeutic properties of the oil steadily travel in your bloodstream to stimulate the brain.
Compared to the direct use of aromatherapy essential oils through a massage, subtle benefits can only be achieved by lighting an aromatherapy candle. But, the diffusing essential oil in scented candles can aid greatly in the alteration, enhancement, and improvement of one's state of mind. Aside from veering you away from the toxicities of your environment, burning aromatherapy candles can also give your space a touch of nature as it enlivens and clean the air in your abode.
THE POWER OF SCENT
Unlike other aromatherapy products that require accessories, aromatherapy candles are simpler to use. All you need is a pack of your chosen scent and a match or lighter to unleash powerful and soothing scents that enhances mood, uplifts spirits while relieving tensions. Aside from lighting up the aromatherapy candle, there are various wats to enjoy it. Here are some:
1. To enjoy the best aromatherapy candle, make sure that you buy items that contain "aromatherapy candle" label not "scented candle" label. This can assure you that you will enjoy the benefits of pure essential oils as the candles burn into the air.
2. Make sure that you select the right candle for the appropriate situation. Know what are your purpose and your desired effect in using a specific aromatherapy candle.
If you wish to invigorate, treat yourself by lighting an invigorating aromatherapy candle that contain mixture of oils from the citrus and mint families such as peppermint, spearmint, basil, eucalyptus, or cedar, rosemary, cinnamon, geranium, cassia, and vanilla to stimulate and revitalize your senses quickly.
If you want to relax, opt for a relaxing aromatherapy candle that contains pure essential oils from lavender, chamomile, patchouli, geranium, and rose that can help you release stress. If you're creativity is being altered and you're experiencing mental block, light up a aromatherapy candles that can help you concentrate such as those that contain citrus essential oils like lemon, orange, grapefruit, lemongrass, and bergamot.
And if you want to add atmosphere to your space, opt for aromatherapy candles that contains sensual essential oils like ylang ylang, vanilla, neroli, rose, clary sage, and sandalwood.
3. Make sure that you light up aromatherapy candles that can complement each other. Avoid burning candles that compete with the fragrance of other candles because the combination of these can produce a heavy scent that can cause you headache.
4. Make it a routine to light up aromatherapy candles so your body can get used to the therapeutic benefits of various essential oils.
5. In order to enjoy the maximum benefit of an aromatherapy candle, make sure that you choose the candle that is appropriate for your need and desired effect.